Windows 10: Living on the (Microsoft) Edge

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.1198
       04 Jul 2016 #31

    larc919 said: View Post
    I hope Edge gets much better. But Microsoft doesn't exactly have a great track record with browsers. Look at all the years they worked on IE while Firefox and Chrome both beat it hands down.
    Yes but that was when Bill Gates was in charge
    Now remember it is a new team in charge and they want to be able to make sure that the Edge Browser gets back its rightful place, that is why they have built it from New and testing and adding, then releasing it bit by bit once it has been tested, rather than bringing it out in beta
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    04 Jul 2016 #32

    Edwin said: View Post
    Bookmark your home page and 'wheel click' it to open in a new tab.
    (Only thing that ticks me off is, it won't switch to the new tab immediately as in IE!)
    I tried that and it seems the only way to paste it to a new tab was to first search for it in your bookmark list and 'wheel click ' each time you want a new tab to open with 'Home' page. Unless I add it to my 'Favorites Bar' and why would someone want to put the 'Home' page on the Bar?
    MS could do much better

    cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    04 Jul 2016 #33

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    Yes but that was when Bill Gates was in charge
    Now remember it is a new team in charge and they want to be able to make sure that the Edge Browser gets back its rightful place, that is why they have built it from New and testing and adding, then releasing it bit by bit once it has been tested, rather than bringing it out in beta
    Because it was to early in development they should have released it to the Insiders only. Releasing it to the general public to test and making it the default browser wasn't the best way to go.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    05 Jul 2016 #34

    Trust_No1 said: View Post
    Edge is a piece of garbage.
    Without a doubt this is the worst browser to ever be released on a desktop. I just updated to 14379 or whatever the current flavor of the month is, and Edge still doesn't work. I was unable to move even a simple bookmark. This is typical of what is wrong with Windows 10 over all. Thank god Microsoft doesn't plan on releasing another version of Windows, because they will never get this one fixed.
    I myself use Edge since a very long time and no problems what so ever.

    Maybe it is you???? (No disrespect here, but can hardly say it is MS)

    Afterall not many have complaints like you with Edge.

    Some prefer Firefox some prefer Google, etc. browsers come in many flavors.

    But bashing Microsoft is a bridge to far.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 605
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       05 Jul 2016 #35

    jeffrys said: View Post
    I myself use Edge since a very long time and no problems what so ever.

    Maybe it is you???? (No disrespect here, but can hardly say it is MS)

    Afterall not many have complaints like you with Edge.

    Some prefer Firefox some prefer Google, etc. browsers come in many flavors.

    But bashing Microsoft is a bridge to far.

    Jeff
    So glad you have had no problems whatsoever with Edge. But many people have complaints about Edge, and have had since the beginning, and no, it's not just them. And you certainly can say it's MS, since they make the product.

    I agree that the post you are responding to was a bit over the top, but the guy is frustrated, as I have been from time to time with Edge. Look in feedback, and you will see that many, many, many people share that frustration. Chirpy little 'it works for me, it must be your problem' remarks are not really not that helpful.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    05 Jul 2016 #36

    jeffrys said: View Post
    I myself use Edge since a very long time and no problems what so ever.

    Maybe it is you???? (No disrespect here, but can hardly say it is MS)

    Afterall not many have complaints like you with Edge.

    Some prefer Firefox some prefer Google, etc. browsers come in many flavors.

    But bashing Microsoft is a bridge to far.

    Jeff
    Here we go again ... If you like edge , by all means use it ... no body stopping you ...!
    Sometimes they just need a kick in the butt to get going ...
    If nobody complains how do MS or any company for the matter of fact know how to improve it ..??

    I for one HATE IT so much .. and it's my choice to use chrome rather ..." you know what .."

    Peace ..!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 5,675
    Windows X (various flavours)
       05 Jul 2016 #37

    Winuser said: View Post
    Because it was to early in development they should have released it to the Insiders only. Releasing it to the general public to test and making it the default browser wasn't the best way to go.

    Agree with you. Now it is almost ready for general use.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 64 bit Home & Pro
       05 Jul 2016 #38

    At last! I can't wait till the August update then to give Edge a proper try.
    I absolutely refused to do so without an adblocker.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 206
    Windows 10 1703 Build 15063.296
       05 Jul 2016 #39

    I fought Edge for quite a while but I have been using it lately and now find it quite satisfactory for my needs. I still have Firefox and Chrome still installed on all 3 computers but only use Edge at this point. I guess it all depends on what you use a browser for and what you prefer. I have Axxxxxd (Name not complete due to Forum rules) installed and with " offer to save passwords" turned on, it does very well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    05 Jul 2016 #40

    This is my opinion on Edge. The version that is available to the Insider ring is the version that MS should have released to the general public. Edge was far from being ready for general release. If Edge is a failure like IE, MS has no one to blame but their selves.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Related Threads
Since installing the November Windows 10 update (11/17/15) none of my favorites are being stored in the default Edge folder. While in Edge the favorites are available but when I go to the default folder they are not listed. Is there another...
Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/living-on-the-edge-25-security-flaws-found-in-microsoft-s-internet-explorer-496012.shtml?utm_content=buffer5228b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
This is what I see... 239
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:33.
Find Us