Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
  1.    11 Apr 2015 #81
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,606
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck38 View Post
    But why would I need a wired connection? All the other builds installed just fine, but his one has this "Checking Connection" thing at the end of the installation.
    You are asking for a way around it, that's my suggestion. As to why, blame it on the "leaked" version.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    11 Apr 2015 #82
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    I did a clean install. It also did this when I installed 9926 and upgraded to 10049 all in one process.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    11 Apr 2015 #83
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    There is nothing wrong with Build 10056. It activated and for the first time installed all of my drivers. The insider Hub said I was on the latest build and to change to the slow build update process.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    11 Apr 2015 #84
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,606
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    There is nothing wrong with Build 10056. It activated and for the first time installed all of my drivers. The insider Hub said I was on the latest build and to change to the slow build update process.



    Each build always installs the drivers. You just have to manually check for updates after installation to force the generic drivers to install.



    As with the last 10051 leak, this one also does not automatically show other devices on home network but can be connected manually.

    All builds work including leaks. Just a matter of how buggy each build is.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    11 Apr 2015 #85
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,142
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Spartan is still a big joke. Still can't post here smoothly.
    That's probably a flaw in the software Ten Forums is using. It likely doesn't recognize Spartan for "enahanced" functionality. It probably needs an update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    11 Apr 2015 #86
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,606
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    That's probably a flaw in the software Ten Forums is using. It likely doesn't recognize Spartan for "enahanced" functionality. It probably needs an update.



    Well, that's a wrong approach. Web browsers should be designed to work with existing websites without bugging site owners.

    Otherwise, it (Spartan) will have a hard time gaining popularity and will just leave a negative first impression.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    11 Apr 2015 #87
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Each build always installs the drivers. You just have to manually check for updates after installation to force the generic drivers to install.



    As with the last 10051 leak, this one also does not automatically show other devices on home network but can be connected manually.

    All builds work including leaks. Just a matter of how buggy each build is.
    No, it did not for me. Had to manually install drivers for Realteck HD Audio on every build but 10056. This build also does not have issues downloading and installing updates for Windows Defender.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    11 Apr 2015 #88
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,606
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    No, it did not for me. Had to manually install drivers for Realteck HD Audio on every build but 10056. This build also does not have issues downloading and installing updates for Windows Defender.

    Even with "forced" update on your previous builds? No driver?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    11 Apr 2015 #89
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Even with "forced" update on your previous builds? No driver?
    Yes sir.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    11 Apr 2015 #90
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,606
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Yes sir.

    well, hope for the best on the next build.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
BSOD Randomly when doing anything - Build 10056
Hi. I'm getting a BSOD I've googled the error code and could see it was a RAM Memory Issue. This is not the case. I'm on Build 10056. Tested other RAM in the computer and the same issue occurs. It's random and I can't say when it happens Only...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Windows 10 build 10056: New animations and a resizable Start menu
Read more: Windows 10 build 10056: New animations and a resizable Start menu
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 build 10056: Everything you need to know
Read more: Windows 10 build 10056: Everything you need to know | Windows Central
Windows 10 News
Build 10056 Screenshots Leaked
Some new Start UI changes and 'Another new Recycle Bin Icon'??? 16412 16413
Windows Insider
Gallery: Windows 10 build 10056
Read more: Gallery: Windows 10 build 10056
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:16.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums