Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
  1.    19 Apr 2015 #361

    'Taskband' WMP still works in 10056!
    Bit of a pain to engage but a handy feature if you're running a huge playlist.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000069.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	17139

    How to:

    http://www.askvg.com/how-to-get-wind...-in-windows-7/
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    19 Apr 2015 #362

    I think i'm going to be doing clean installs from now on like I did last time.

    So much less time to install since I have everything backed up and on Onedrive. I can blow away everything and be back up and running in no time. Loved that I can just run the setup file in the iso.

    10056 is still going good. Only issues are every once in a while the lock screen picture password won't draw completely as in parts of the picture are black. Can't wait for dark theme file manager as some leaked tablet builds have shown.

    Moving tiles on the start menu is problematic and sometimes don't snap correctly where I want to move them. They still justify to the left and you can't put them anywhere you want and that stupid left all apps column is still there. They need to hurry up and make this a hidden option. Totally sucks on my Surface.

    Can't see body of emails in the new Mail app.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2014
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts : 710
    Windows 10 Build 14267
       20 Apr 2015 #363

    I had forgotten about that !
    Very nice to know it still works.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	17153

    Thanks.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       20 Apr 2015 #364

    Edwin said: View Post
    'Taskband' WMP still works in 10056!
    Bit of a pain to engage but a handy feature if you're running a huge playlist.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000069.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	17139

    How to:

    http://www.askvg.com/how-to-get-wind...-in-windows-7/
    Thanks for the information and the link
    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       21 Apr 2015 #365

    I am finished using leaked builds, they work fine but in the end just cause you to do more work. I read on the Insiders Blog that if one uses leaked build, they may not get further updates. I do not know if this is true or not but I am on 10049 right now and intend to stay on official builds until they go final.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       21 Apr 2015 #366

    Gary said: View Post
    I am finished using leaked builds, they work fine but in the end just cause you to do more work. I read on the Insiders Blog that if one uses leaked build, they may not get further updates. I do not know if this is true or not but I am on 10049 right now and intend to stay on official builds until they go final.
    I would think that MS is not going to support updates/upgrades to the leaked builds.. 10051/10056. They only really have to support the official build, 10049. So while it's fun to play with a leak I would only expect the next official build to update 10049.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    21 Apr 2015 #367

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I would think that MS is not going to support updates/upgrades to the leaked builds.. 10051/10056. They only really have to support the official build, 10049. So while it's fun to play with a leak I would only expect the next official build to update 10049.

    Jeff
    Maybe not. I'm on 10056 and getting prompts for available updates to 10061 and 10069.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000018.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	17294
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2014
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts : 710
    Windows 10 Build 14267
       21 Apr 2015 #368

    Gabe Aul said that Microsoft might allow the next upgrade from 10056, but it depends on technical questions. That's why I set up a triple-boot system with a SSD for Windows 8.1.1 and a partitioned HDD for 10049 / 10056. The best of two worlds...

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    21 Apr 2015 #369

    Vladimir said: View Post
    Gabe Aul said that Microsoft might allow the next upgrade from 10056, but it depends on technical questions. That's why I set up a triple-boot system with a SSD for Windows 8.1.1 and a partitioned HDD for 10049 / 10056. The best of two worlds...

    Hopefully we'll find out later today!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       21 Apr 2015 #370

    Edwin said: View Post
    Maybe not. I'm on 10056 and getting prompts for available updates to 10061 and 10069.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000018.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	17294
    Build 10056 was for MS employees so your getting the update prompts for another employee update... which you can't get since your not on that ring.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
BSOD Randomly when doing anything - Build 10056
Hi. I'm getting a BSOD I've googled the error code and could see it was a RAM Memory Issue. This is not the case. I'm on Build 10056. Tested other RAM in the computer and the same issue occurs. It's random and I can't say when it happens Only...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Windows 10 build 10056: New animations and a resizable Start menu
Read more: Windows 10 build 10056: New animations and a resizable Start menu
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 build 10056: Everything you need to know
Read more: Windows 10 build 10056: Everything you need to know | Windows Central
Windows 10 News
Build 10056 Screenshots Leaked
Some new Start UI changes and 'Another new Recycle Bin Icon'??? 16412 16413
Windows Insider
Gallery: Windows 10 build 10056
Read more: Gallery: Windows 10 build 10056
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums