Windows 10: Windows 10 build 10056 has leaked

Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 14,403
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       15 Apr 2015 #271

    badrobot said: View Post
    But the difference is, I have both 10049 & 10056 installed on sepatate drives. In my case, I have no "going back" to do because I installed them separately. Although I can't try that 10061 if it is indeed an update because I am in the office.
    OK, as I said, I'm back on 10041.

    One of the first things I do on each update is to reinstall Office 365, which I did. And then Windows decided to run out and look for updates. Not nice, Windows!

    Now I have a conflict between Office 365 installation (in the background) and Windows Update trying to install things! Good grief! Computer's been at it for a few hours and Office is 16% installed and Updates are 17% downloaded! I haven't seen a way to stop Windows Update, or I would!

    Office says, "Sorry, it looks like you're on a slow connection, so this might take awhile." Sheesh! I'm not going to go for Feedback right now, but I think that if a download/installation is already happening, Windows Update should wait its turn! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    15 Apr 2015 #272

    Gabriel Aul @GabeAul · 1h 1 hour ago @CrazyCatsGot2 People who installed the leaked 10056 build will see 10061 offered, but unless they are MS employees it won't install.

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 21,950
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       15 Apr 2015 #273

    Wynona said: View Post
    OK, as I said, I'm back on 10041.

    One of the first things I do on each update is to reinstall Office 365, which I did. And then Windows decided to run out and look for updates. Not nice, Windows!

    Now I have a conflict between Office 365 installation (in the background) and Windows Update trying to install things! Good grief! Computer's been at it for a few hours and Office is 16% installed and Updates are 17% downloaded! I haven't seen a way to stop Windows Update, or I would!

    Office says, "Sorry, it looks like you're on a slow connection, so this might take awhile." Sheesh! I'm not going to go for Feedback right now, but I think that if a download/installation is already happening, Windows Update should wait its turn! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Try nailing the service!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-04-15_19h58_31.png  
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 324
    Win 7 Pro/32, Win 10 Pro/64/32
       16 Apr 2015 #274

    After a build is "Leaked" it takes about a week before it shows up on my favorite FTP site.
    [Without permission from the "Powers", I won't post that link here in the forum.]

    But I got it yesterday and immediately burned the ISO to a DVD.
    Completely out of form, for me anyway, I installed it over 10051, as an upgrade. It took
    much longer to complete than if I'd just done a Clean Install, wiping out 10051 completely.

    During the upgrade, it wiped out my AVG 2015 FREE, anti-virus program and created a
    condition where I could not apply any color to my taskbar. It was white and I wanted blue.

    So after thinking about it overnight, I've just started a clean install of 10056, from the boot DVD.

    One thing I've noticed though, in several versions, is that when I install a new theme and want to
    do the Slide Show thing, I cannot change the speed of the slide show. It's preset to 30 minutes
    and it won't let me change that like I've always been able to do before.
    I'll know more, if they've fixed that, when this current install completes.
    I find it hard to believe that out of the thousands testing W-10, I'm the only one who's experienced
    that problem.

    Laters!
    TM
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14,403
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       16 Apr 2015 #275

    Windows 10 Build 10049 is 8% downloaded at 6:00 PM Central Time (US & Canada), so we'll see just how long this puppy takes to download and install from Build 10041. Last time it was only an hour or so, maybe two; I didn't time it then. At least it didn't take as long as it did on some folks' machines.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 4,343
    Win 10 Pro x64
       16 Apr 2015 #276

    Wynona said: View Post
    Windows 10 Build 10049 is 8% downloaded at 6:00 PM Central Time (US & Canada), so we'll see just how long this puppy takes to download and install from Build 10041. Last time it was only an hour or so, maybe two; I didn't time it then. At least it didn't take as long as it did on some folks' machines.

    I hope at least you are at 10% by now (1 hr later)..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 14,403
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       16 Apr 2015 #277

    badrobot said: View Post
    I hope at least you are at 10% by now (1 hr later)..
    Hoo Boy! Three hours later at 25%. Oh, well, it'll be awhile, I guess. I'll just leave the 'puter on when I go to bed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 4,343
    Win 10 Pro x64
       16 Apr 2015 #278

    Wynona said: View Post
    Hoo Boy! Three hours later at 25%. Oh, well, it'll be awhile, I guess. I'll just leave the 'puter on when I go to bed.
    Are you on wired connection?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 14,403
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       16 Apr 2015 #279

    badrobot said: View Post
    Are you on wired connection?
    Yup. And I've checked all the drivers in Device Manager.

    What if I shut down and rebooted my modem and router? Would it keep the 25%?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 4,343
    Win 10 Pro x64
       16 Apr 2015 #280

    Wynona said: View Post
    Yup. And I've checked all the drivers in Device Manager.

    What if I shut down and rebooted my modem and router? Would it keep the 25%?
    You'll go back to 0%, you'll revert back to 10041 with errors, etc.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hi. I'm getting a BSOD I've googled the error code and could see it was a RAM Memory Issue. This is not the case. I'm on Build 10056. Tested other RAM in the computer and the same issue occurs. It's random and I can't say when it happens Only...
Read more: Windows 10 build 10056: New animations and a resizable Start menu
Read more: Windows 10 build 10056: Everything you need to know | Windows Central
Build 10056 Screenshots Leaked in Windows Insider
Some new Start UI changes and 'Another new Recycle Bin Icon'??? 16412 16413
Read more: Gallery: Windows 10 build 10056
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01.
Find Us