Windows 10: Windows 10 RTM “Almost” Ready, Microsoft Now Working on Bug Fixes...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Apr 2015 #41

    This is important: "What we’re hearing is that Microsoft is planning to stop developing new features for Windows 10 as soon as possible and instead start focusing on fixing bugs and issues that are found by company employees and insiders."

    Adding new features (as in settings etc. in Spartan and so on) could very well take another month, and it would still be in line with above statement. We cannot jump to conclusion that what we see now is final feature set, IMO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    09 Apr 2015 #42

    Olivir2014 said: View Post
    This is important: "What we’re hearing is that Microsoft is planning to stop developing new features for Windows 10 as soon as possible and instead start focusing on fixing bugs and issues that are found by company employees and insiders."

    Adding new features (as in settings etc. in Spartan and so on) could very well take another month, and it would still be in line with above statement. We cannot jump to conclusion that what we see now is final feature set, IMO.
    Please, the source of that statement is Softpedia. They are complete idiots. They don't understand that two branches of software can be in development at the same time, and assume that one must stop before another can start. That's simply not the case.

    More than likely, work has already begun on Redstone, in unison with Windows 10. As Windows 10 continues to be finished, those changes get pushed into the Redstone branch.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    09 Apr 2015 #43

    The source is not from Softpedia. It is from Mary Foley:

    Microsoft's 'Redstone': An update to Windows 10 due in 2016 | ZDNet

    My own view is that MS are under pressure to get Windows 10 on the market. They might withdraw Spartan, or even Cortana, to make them more complete and sophisticated, I can visualise SP1 coming next year for Windows 10.
    Interesting, though, that the Insider will continue. A good idea, imo, as it will isolate the Windows 10 feedback from all the other garbage,
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 16,778
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281
       09 Apr 2015 #44

    davehc said: View Post
    The source is not from Softpedia. It is from Mary Foley:

    Microsoft's 'Redstone': An update to Windows 10 due in 2016 | ZDNet

    My own view is that MS are under pressure to get Windows 10 on the market. They might withdraw Spartan, or even Cortana, to make them more complete and sophisticated, I can visualise SP1 coming next year for Windows 10.
    Interesting, though, that the Insider will continue. A good idea, imo, as it will isolate the Windows 10 feedback from all the other garbage,
    Dave, we have several sources; the OP is from Softpedia; however, other sources have been given in the last 41 or so posts.

    There are some Windows watching sites I trust and some that I don't.


      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    09 Apr 2015 #45

    davehc said: View Post
    The source is not from Softpedia. It is from Mary Foley:

    Microsoft's 'Redstone': An update to Windows 10 due in 2016 | ZDNet

    My own view is that MS are under pressure to get Windows 10 on the market. They might withdraw Spartan, or even Cortana, to make them more complete and sophisticated, I can visualise SP1 coming next year for Windows 10.
    Interesting, though, that the Insider will continue. A good idea, imo, as it will isolate the Windows 10 feedback from all the other garbage,
    I was referring to the part about "Stopping work on features", not about Redstone. I specifically talked about Redstone in my post as a separate branch.

    Nowhere in that article does it say what the Softpedia article said that Microsoft isn't going to have any new features in Windows 10, and it's just bug fixes. That's the part that Softpedia are idiots on.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       09 Apr 2015 #46

    I believe what comes from MS, nothing else.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    09 Apr 2015 #47

    I hope they don't rush it for the wrong reasons. We do not need another Vista quality debacle. From what I see right now (build 10049) they are far from a stable system.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 16,778
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281
       09 Apr 2015 #48

    whs said: View Post
    I hope they don't rush it for the wrong reasons. We do not need another Vista quality debacle. From what I see right now (build 10049) they are far from a stable system.
    But have we ever known Microsoft not to rush things!? Now it seems they want to beat the September School openings and buying time! Sheesh!

    What I don't understand is why there's such a rush to beat school openings, since everyone except those clinging to XP and maybe Vista will get a free upgrade. So, if parents buy their kids a new computer for college, it will automatically be qualified for the free updates!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    09 Apr 2015 #49

    Sure glad that I read all the stuff here on the 10s, otherwise I would be totally lost when it comes to whether I should be considering using Windows 10 as my OS when it is finally released. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    09 Apr 2015 #50

    Lee, I think we are generally well served with what we have. I will get one copy of W10 (probably in virtual). I still have a couple of unused W7 licenses of which I could use one for the upgrade. But all my real machines work very well with W7 or W8.1.

    Four of the laptops are my wife's anyhow and she hates change. Another laptop controls her crafting cutting machine and runs only 1 program. Then I have a Toshiba that I use for teaching at the computer club. If I needed W10 there, I could use the virtual system which is on an external SSD. That's like native from a USB3. I currently run Mint for the Linux workshops like that. My little 11.6" travel laptop works very well with W8.1. This is a so called Instant Go device. I wonder anyhow how W10 would deal with it.

    My workhorse desktop in Florida I will never change from W7. And my workhorse desktop in Germany needs to be replaced pretty soon anyhow. Maybe there I will get blessed with W10. For that one I am waiting for new technologies like USB3.1. to come out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Related Threads
The final build number consumers will update to on July 29th reads 10240.16405.150725-1815.th1, and those keeping track will notice the delta number has increased from 16384. Those upgrading will actually download 10240.16384 alongside the day one...
Source: Our partners get ready for #UpgradeYourWorld | Blogging Windows
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37.
Find Us