Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,931
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       08 Apr 2015 #21

    badrobot said: View Post
    I've heard about that long time ago during Win 8 days.

    Do you have Windows 7?

    I had Win7.. but no longer. ..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Wolves, England
    Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM
       08 Apr 2015 #22

    10 intrigues me, I still don't know why I'm not using my 8 Pro in dual boot, but 7 is the best.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,931
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       08 Apr 2015 #23

    Boozad said: View Post
    10 intrigues me, I still don't know why I'm not using my 8 Pro in dual boot, but 7 is the best.
    I enjoyed using 7 but IMO.. 10 is everything I want in an OS..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    Wolves, England
    Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM
       08 Apr 2015 #24

    I will use 10 (like I say, I still don't know why I haven't reinstalled my 8 Pro) but apart from possibly being quicker I don't see what 10 will offer me that I don't have in 7. Having played around in VMs I end up with a system that mirrors my 7 install. Maybe I'll find out more when it comes to RTM and I install it on its own SSD.

    What does it offer you that 7 doesn't?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       08 Apr 2015 #25

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I prefer this version.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,931
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       08 Apr 2015 #26

    Boozad said: View Post
    I will use 10 (like I say, I still don't know why I haven't reinstalled my 8 Pro) but apart from possibly being quicker I don't see what 10 will offer me that I don't have in 7. Having played around in VMs I end up with a system that mirrors my 7 install. Maybe I'll find out more when it comes to RTM and I install it on its own SSD.

    What does it offer you that 7 doesn't?
    One thing I like is the ability to use apps from the MS store. And I have to admit I'm a sucker for new OS's. But in the end I might stick with 8.1.1. It meets my needs nicely, with classic shell I have a good start menu and it's just about the same as Win10 is for me at least.

    While Win10 is nice.. it's far from earth shattering. IMO
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       08 Apr 2015 #27

    It is a tad eye shattering.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,288
    Win 10 Pro x64
       08 Apr 2015 #28

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    One thing I like is the ability to use apps from the MS store. And I have to admit I'm a sucker for new OS's. But in the end I might stick with 8.1.1. It meets my needs nicely, with classic shell I have a good start menu and it's just about the same as Win10 is for me at least.

    While Win10 is nice.. it's far from earth shattering. IMO
    " 10 is everything I want in an OS"
    "I enjoyed using 7..."
    "
    I might stick with 8.1.1"
    "While Win10 is nice.. it's far from earth shattering"

    Everything you said contradicts yourself...
    I don't really get the sense....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,931
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       08 Apr 2015 #29

    badrobot said: View Post
    " 10 is everything I want in an OS"
    "I enjoyed using 7..."
    "
    I might stick with 8.1.1"
    "While Win10 is nice.. it's far from earth shattering"

    Everything you said contradicts yourself...
    I don't really get the sense....
    I can change my mind.. can't I?? And you don't have to read what I post,...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,288
    Win 10 Pro x64
       08 Apr 2015 #30

    I can do that. Just one click of a button.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Day one patch for Windows 10 features over 1GB of fixes and improvemen
The final build number consumers will update to on July 29th reads 10240.16405.150725-1815.th1, and those keeping track will notice the delta number has increased from 16384. Those upgrading will actually download 10240.16384 alongside the day one...
Windows 10 News
Microsoft partners get ready for #UpgradeYourWorld
Source: Our partners get ready for #UpgradeYourWorld | Blogging Windows
Windows 10 News
Microsoft Ready to Wave Bye-Bye to Product Keys in Windows 10
Source
Windows 10 News
Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Is “Almost Ready”
Source
Windows 10 News
Microsoft Working on Budget Windows 10 Tablet with 10.6-Inch Display..
Source
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums