Windows 10: Microsoft surprise 4-5 May

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 4,567
    Win 10 Pro x64
       07 Apr 2015 #51

    Chuck38 said: View Post
    It's still just speculation, robot. We don't know when exactly MS plans on releasing it, but I do think we can expect another build very soon.
    I am sure it is a speculation. Because the way everything is going with Win 10 right now, it is nowhere near ready to be released yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    07 Apr 2015 #52

    badrobot said: View Post
    I am sure it is a speculation. Because the way everything is going with Win 10 right now, it is nowhere near ready to be released yet.
    Keep in mind, not everyone is having the same issues that you're having with build 10049. On my PC it's working just fine and it's stable. As for Spartan.. that will be getting better with each new build.

    Ready for summer.. yes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 16,766
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281
       07 Apr 2015 #53

    badrobot said: View Post
    I am sure it is a speculation. Because the way everything is going with Win 10 right now, it is nowhere near ready to be released yet.
    For some reason, an August release date is sticking in my mind. Who knows why?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    07 Apr 2015 #54

    Wynona said: View Post
    For some reason, an August release date is sticking in my mind. Who knows why?
    Now that's what I'm talking about!! August would be fine with me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 16,902
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       07 Apr 2015 #55

    Personally, I think they still need to work on the Start Menu. Why can't I make it any smaller?

    For example, this how my menu is set up. It seem I should be able to make it more narrow, but sadly the option is not available.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (13).png 
Views:	30 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	16310
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 4,567
    Win 10 Pro x64
       07 Apr 2015 #56

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Keep in mind, not everyone is having the same issues that you're having with build 10049. On my PC it's working just fine and it's stable. As for Spartan.. that will be getting better with each new build.

    Ready for summer.. yes.
    I don't have issues with 10049. I fixed it with a clean install. It's just simply not there yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 4,567
    Win 10 Pro x64
       07 Apr 2015 #57

    Chuck38 said: View Post
    Personally, I think they still need to work on the Start Menu. Why can't I make it any smaller?

    For example, this how my menu is set up. It seem I should be able to make it more narrow, but sadly the option is not available.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (13).png 
Views:	30 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	16310
    I rest my case with the start menu.
    I'm at peace with the Classic Shell.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    07 Apr 2015 #58

    badrobot said: View Post
    I don't have issues with 10049. I fixed it with a clean install. It's just simply not there yet.
    By time the RTM date comes it will be. And keep in mind that there still will be some bugs.. there is no way MS can make an OS bug free. IMO
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 16,766
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281
       07 Apr 2015 #59

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Keep in mind, not everyone is having the same issues that you're having with build 10049. On my PC it's working just fine and it's stable. As for Spartan.. that will be getting better with each new build.

    Ready for summer.. yes.
    Agreed to an extent, Jeff. But the kicker is that some folks are still having issues, myself included. What the heck!? Robot's issues are not the same as mine!? WaitAMinnitHere!

    I don't know what Robot's problems are, but I can't stay connected to the Internet in either 10041 or 10049. I tried my best to work with Spartan, but like so many others, I finally had to give it up. Even when I tried to open a PDF file, it would open in Spartan! How rude is that!?

    So, although it's working fine for you (you must have a system just like one of the devs ) it is not working fine for many of us, and we're only the tip of the iceberg. Just go to Feedback and drill down on any subject and you'll see what I mean.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 16,902
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       07 Apr 2015 #60

    badrobot said: View Post
    I rest my case with the start menu.
    I'm at peace with the Classic Shell.
    Yes, but I shouldn't have to install a third-party start menu.

    And really, would it be that hard to add more customization options?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: A fun surprise for Windows Insiders... | Blogging Windows
Source: Microsoft Health and Microsoft Band: The Next Step in Our Journey - The Official Microsoft Blog
Read more...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:57.
Find Us