Windows 10: Microsoft continues campaign to shut down stupid software pirates

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1.    11 Jun 2016 #80

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Library computers are setup so no patron information is kept over from session to session so no one is going to get a hold of any of your information when you go to use it, I asked before and that's how I know. And believe it or not but I can both read the news.. use forums and listen to music at the library. The bottom line is if you're an adult with no children there really is no need to have a computer. You can still do all of your business via mail or in person.
    Times are changing. for example every doctor my wife and I go to ask for our email address. Not only that but now they're giving us online access to our records. it's not a must for us to have internet access but it does make it a whole lot easier for the doctor and us to keep updated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 5
    windows 10 64 bit
       11 Jun 2016 #81

    good step, I suppose
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. COMPUTIAC Guest
       11 Jun 2016 #82

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Library computers are setup so no patron information is kept over from session to session so no one is going to get a hold of any of your information when you go to use it, I asked before and that's how I know. And believe it or not but I can both read the news.. use forums and listen to music at the library. The bottom line is if you're an adult with no children there really is no need to have a computer. You can still do all of your business via mail or in person.
    This is 100% false.

    The computer's are constantly making a record of everything anyone does on it.

    The screen you use go's away when your time is up for using it.
    This way the next person does not see what you were doing.

    Your privacy end's there.
    It does not matter how private You think your info is or think They can't do that to You.

    If you enter your info on a local government owned computer , you just gave up your right to keep it private.

    How do you think the FBI and other agency's find and track criminal activity and trace terrorist communication's ?

    Local Police have access to all the info on these 24 hour's a day.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 33,102
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       11 Jun 2016 #83

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Library computers are setup so no patron information is kept over from session to session so no one is going to get a hold of any of your information when you go to use it, I asked before and that's how I know. And believe it or not but I can both read the news.. use forums and listen to music at the library. The bottom line is if you're an adult with no children there really is no need to have a computer. You can still do all of your business via mail or in person.
    Not really sure about that. Sounds a bit like a giant step back into the dark ages. And I don't think I would just take the word of a librarian that all is safe and secure. Assuming you have no children, why do you need a computer?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,555
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       11 Jun 2016 #84

    Winuser said: View Post
    Times are changing. for example every doctor my wife and I go to ask for our email address. Not only that but now they're giving us online access to our records. it's not a must for us to have internet access but it does make it a whole lot easier for the doctor and us to keep updated.




    Not everyone can run to the library 24/7. Also, the library limits you to one hour or less on the computer per day or per week. You can pay it by mail but it takes longer and you don't know if it makes tell you call them. I had bills that got lost that way & had to issue a stop payment orders.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 2,491
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 - 17134.5 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       12 Jun 2016 #85

    As someone who has actually set-up public access sites, I can assure you that Jeff is correct, At least as far as the UK is concerned.
    in the systems I set-up, the actual windows that the user interacts with is a Virtual Operating System, the system is reset at the end of each session and also uses Memory based Virtual hard drives for secure info.

    Of course there is the question of what happens to data when it leaves the system, but that question applies to private as well as public systems and is more suited to a political forum not here :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 20,256
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       12 Jun 2016 #86

    Barman58 said: View Post
    As someone who has actually set-up public access sites, I can assure you that Jeff is correct, At least as far as the UK is concerned.
    in the systems I set-up, the actual windows that the user interacts with is a Virtual Operating System, the system is reset at the end of each session and also uses Memory based Virtual hard drives for secure info.

    Of course there is the question of what happens to data when it leaves the system, but that question applies to private as well as public systems and is more suited to a political forum not here :)
    Same set up at the Arbeitsamt, here in Germany too. I forgot to do something after closing the session, and had to resign in and set everything up once(I don't have a printer, so needed to use theirs).
    Arbeitsamt:
    [unemployment office]
    employment agencyjobs
    employment officejobs
    job center [Am.]jobs
    employment exchangejobs
    unemployment officejobs
    labour bureau [Br.]jobs
    labor exchange [Am.]jobs
    labour exchange [Br.] [outdated]jobsArbeitsamt {n} [ugs.]dole office [Br.] [coll.]örtliches Arbeitsamt {n}job center [Am.]jobs
    job centre [Br.]jobs
    dict.cc dictionary :: Arbeitsamt :: German-English translation
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 2,786
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 17672
       12 Jun 2016 #87

    Barman58 said: View Post
    The small amount of C4 wired to the processor, would of course be optional
    - not funny..
    - NOT FUNNY AT ALL..
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    12 Jun 2016 #88

    Winuser said: View Post
    Times are changing. for example every doctor my wife and I go to ask for our email address. Not only that but now they're giving us online access to our records. it's not a must for us to have internet access but it does make it a whole lot easier for the doctor and us to keep updated.
    They ask me but I don't give them mine since they don't really need to use it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    12 Jun 2016 #89

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Not really sure about that. Sounds a bit like a giant step back into the dark ages. And I don't think I would just take the word of a librarian that all is safe and secure. Assuming you have no children, why do you need a computer?
    The library is a very secure place to do all of your transactions if one needs to perform them there. None of the patron's personal information is kept after they close out each session. I've been able to verify this by logging into the same PC in back to back sessions and none of my previous information was present.

    As for the last bit I know several people who don't need or want to use a computer simply because they just don't see the need for one. And I don't disagree with their point. Why pay for something you don't need and then have to pay a monthly fee for internet access that someone might never really use? In your case the thought of not having a computer is moving back to the dark ages but to them it's not. In all fairness I bet I could live without having a computer either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Source: Announcing the Microsoft HoloLens campaign | Building Apps for Windows Vote or Share idea at: Share Your Idea | HoloLens
    Windows 10 is now a recommended download in Windows Update 62021 Read more:...
    Read more: https://t.co/EtNcD3JCra
    http://www.cnet.com/news/windows-10-whats-on-tap/?tag=nl.e404&s_cid=e404&ttag=e404&ftag=CAD1acfa04
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13.
    Find Us