Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Jun 2016 #51
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,535
    Windows 10 Pro

    I'm glad MS is trying to shut-down pirated copies of their software. As for those who can't afford to pay the full price for Windows. I would like to see MS offer a very low priced stripped down version of Window for those who just need a decent OS without any bells and whistles.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    09 Jun 2016 #52
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,552
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I'm glad MS is trying to shut-down pirated copies of their software. As for those who can't afford to pay the full price for Windows. I would like to see MS offer a very low priced stripped down version of Window for those who just need a decent OS without any bells and whistles.
    Wasn't Windows CE cheaper? What about windows starter wasn't that cheaper or was this version restricted to Oems?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    09 Jun 2016 #53
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,535
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by groze View Post
    Wasn't Windows CE cheaper? What about windows starter wasn't that cheaper or was this version restricted to Oems?
    I remember hearing about them but never bought or used them so I don't know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    09 Jun 2016 #54
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    Guess a good deal of folks have never heard of savings. Just because you live in a country where you don't make as much as Americans, The Europeans, etc., that doesn't mean that you cannot save a little each pay period to get what you are wanting to buy. This is probably how most of the good folk here on the Ten Forum got their systems along with their TVs, Cars, Pickups etc. I Just get tired of all the reasons why Microsoft, Apple, Etc. are jerks just because they are putting out a product that some folks think are just to expensive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    10 Jun 2016 #55
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,535
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Guess a good deal of folks have never heard of savings. Just because you live in a country where you don't make as much as Americans, The Europeans, etc., that doesn't mean that you cannot save a little each pay period to get what you are wanting to buy. This is probably how most of the good folk here on the Ten Forum got their systems along with their TVs, Cars, Pickups etc. I Just get tired of all the reasons why Microsoft, Apple, Etc. are jerks just because they are putting out a product that some folks think are just to expensive.
    When families are barley making it payday to payday how are they supposed to put a little away. I know, Skip a few meals. Who needs to eat when you can buy new computers and software.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    10 Jun 2016 #56
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 419
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1709 build 16299.15

    Who on here is not guilty of pirating of at least one thing on the internet please step forward. Who? No one on this forum looks at illegal porn either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    10 Jun 2016 #57
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,552
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by lopedoggie View Post
    Who on here is not guilty of pirating of at least one thing on the internet please step forward.
    @lopedoggie

    I am stepping forward, I have never pirated anything to my knowledge.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    11 Jun 2016 #58
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    When families are barley making it payday to payday how are they supposed to put a little away. I know, Skip a few meals. Who needs to eat when you can buy new computers and software.
    Oh please. . . really; then those people shouldn't even have a computer. I grew up in the projects of Detroit back in the Fifi ties and Sixties at which time we couldn't even afford a TV, albeit we didn't run out and steal one. I could go on about stuff we didn't have, or could afford, however that wouldn't mean a thing. Hence, all the excuses for stealing some one else property is just saying because they are poor they have the right to steal is just total B.S.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    11 Jun 2016 #59
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,709
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Oh please. . . really; then those people shouldn't even have a computer. I grew up in the projects of Detroit back in the Fifi ties and Sixties at which time we couldn't even afford a TV, albeit we didn't run out and steal one. I could go on about stuff we didn't have, or could afford, however that wouldn't mean a thing. Hence, all the excuses for stealing some one else property is just saying because they are poor they have the right to steal is just total B.S.

    Wanna use a computer/Windows, but can't afford one?
    Got to the Library, or an Internet Café!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    11 Jun 2016 #60

    Hi there

    Of course Pirating is bad -- but "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" I believe is the quote in a certain well read book.

    Have any of us ever "snuck into a movie house" in our younger days without paying (back 40 years ago or more movie theatres were easy to enter via "back door"), got free into a paid music gig, or paid kids rate on public transport or at a sports venue when over the age limit. - Those sorts of things are essentially "stealing" too.

    Maybe the word Piracy is wrong as its theft pure and simple -- same with "Shoplifting" or "Joy riding" -- should all be called THEFT --pure and simple.

    However - you will never stamp this type of thing out entirely - some people do it not to actually want the produc but simply because its a challenge. That is much harder to prevent than merely stopping people obtain illicit copies.

    From what I've seen on the Net so far Ms hasn't a hope of stopping piracy of W10 on an epic scale --seems far more widespread than W7 and ms's activation schemes seem powerless to prevent it.

    I'd suggest changing the business model --offer W10 free and go for SERVICES . Just think of the money they'd save on activation servers and the whole licensing infrastructure.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Holo Announcing the Microsoft HoloLens ‘Share Your Idea’ campaign
Source: Announcing the Microsoft HoloLens campaign | Building Apps for Windows Vote or Share idea at: Share Your Idea | HoloLens
Windows 10 News
Today Microsoft Starts the Most Aggressive Windows 10 Upgrade Campaign
Windows 10 is now a recommended download in Windows Update 62021 Read more:...
Windows 10 News
Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates
Read more: https://t.co/EtNcD3JCra
Windows 10 News
Microsoft continues tinkering with Windows 10 preview
http://www.cnet.com/news/windows-10-whats-on-tap/?tag=nl.e404&s_cid=e404&ttag=e404&ftag=CAD1acfa04
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums