Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

  1. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       14 Jun 2016 #121

    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    ^^^^
    Threads can go on and off topic.

    Portugal 1 Iceland 1 at the 79 minute mark. Not what Portugal expected.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,542
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       14 Jun 2016 #122

    essenbe said: View Post
    Exactly what is your point? Do you think you are the only ones who know what it's like being poor? Read my post, been there, done that. More than once. Nobody said life is easy. What I did say is that being poor is not an excuse for stealing. Having Windows is not a necessity, and being poor is not an excuse to steal. It was you who said to skip meals to save money so you can buy a TV. It is a matter of priorities. I would much rather eat than watch a movie on Saturday night. Smart phones, TVs and computers are not a necessity. Eating is. Because someone is poor is no reason to expect someone to give it to you for free or a justification to steal it.
    One thing I am going to disagree on. You do need some type of phone. Doctors, etc..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       14 Jun 2016 #123

    groze said: View Post
    One thing I am going to disagree on. You do need some type of phone. Doctors, etc..
    He said.. smart phone not a regular phone.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       15 Jun 2016 #124

    groze said: View Post
    One thing I am going to disagree on. You do need some type of phone. Doctors, etc..

    on a phone. . .I have a smart only because my kids (two grown men) bought it for me. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,542
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       15 Jun 2016 #125

    Even the cheap cell phone services like pageplus cellular you can get smart phones. I don't have a smart cell phone don't really need one yet. In some areas they are ending landline service in the U.S. slowly. I did get dumb cell phone that I do use but not that much. I am on the pay as you go plan. It works for me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    Nothern Ohio
    Posts : 446
    Windows 7/64 Professional
       18 Jun 2016 #126

    Where did the idea that all Americans are rich. I for one never was.
    I work all my life from when I was in grade school until my heart and other things gave out when I was 65.
    I have had two vacations in my life because I needed to work.
    Their are now and always have been things I wanted and couldn't afford. I don't make some sort of excuse so I can steal what I can't afford.

    I'm thinking that those that still worry about food on the table or a roof over their head have more to think on than how can I steal Microsoft Windows and put it on a computer that they will steal.
    Just because one is poor does not mean they steal.
    I was poor and I didn't steal nor do I now.

    No their is nothing on my computers that is stolen. I have nothing that is stolen. I was raised better. My needs are taken care because I worked for 60 years but I surly do have a bunch of wants and most likely will always have wants and not enough money to take care of my wants.
    That is just life, nothing more nothing less.

    Steve's post # 62 says it very nicely.

    Really? I think it is called priorities. Eating is a little more important than watching TV. I was born in a low income housing project. We didn't have a lot of things other people had. But, what we did have is good values, good character and a firm grasp of what is right and wrong. No one in my family would have ever stolen anything. We were taught to get a better job or get 2 jobs if you want something you couldn't afford, which my Father did. We got out of the projects, had a TV and a few other things, and didn't take anything that belonged to others along the way.
    Layback Bear
    Jack
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    19 Jun 2016 #127

    Hi there

    OK Stealing is wrong -- but back to the topic -- there is almost no way on this planet (or even in this universe) to make anything 100% secure -- even the highest security prisons have had their failures.

    You can't do it by TECHNOLOGY alone -- often HUMANS also collude - for whatever reason.

    The best business model is to apply practices where people just don't want to steal the product - since either easily / cheaply available or zero market for it.

    I mean for example who would bother to steal a Car radio these days or an old VHS video recorder --- absolutely ZERO market for these.

    Humans DO have failings - not everybody adheres to what might be loosely interpreted as "Decent Morals" - and perhaps our business chiefs should take that into account in their business models.

    In any case once Quantum computers are available any sort of encryption will be impossible since the decryption algorithms will easily be able to be done by brute force in almost zero seconds too -- so looking to technology alone to stop Piracy is an exercise in futility and doomed to failure from the start.

    W10 has been given away LEGALLY so many times by Ms that it's just pointless IMO to make people pay for this release in future. Ms needs to develop other strategies and products that DO make money for them - for example VR, Robotics, AI, and service contracts.

    After all if RED HAT can make a lot of money simply by service contracts on essentially a FREE OS (RHEL Enterprise) - CENTOS 7 is the Free identical version of it surely companies like Ms could consider similar business models.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,498
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Jun 2016 #128

    Layback Bear said: View Post
    Where did the idea that all Americans are rich. I for one never was.
    I work all my life from when I was in grade school until my heart and other things gave out when I was 65.
    I have had two vacations in my life because I needed to work.
    Their are now and always have been things I wanted and couldn't afford. I don't make some sort of excuse so I can steal what I can't afford.

    I'm thinking that those that still worry about food on the table or a roof over their head have more to think on than how can I steal Microsoft Windows and put it on a computer that they will steal.
    Just because one is poor does not mean they steal.
    I was poor and I didn't steal nor do I now.

    No their is nothing on my computers that is stolen. I have nothing that is stolen. I was raised better. My needs are taken care because I worked for 60 years but I surly do have a bunch of wants and most likely will always have wants and not enough money to take care of my wants.
    That is just life, nothing more nothing less.

    Steve's post # 62 says it very nicely.



    Layback Bear
    Jack
    Since this in a round about way refers back to a post I made earlier about skipping a few meals I'm goint to try and explain this one last time. In a earlier post it was stated That no matter how poor someone is they can always save a little money until they have enough to buy the things they want. In response to that post I was trying to convey that that is not always possible. I used the skip a few meals and take that money to buy something as a example of something a poor person may have to sacrifice to have a few dollars to save. I wasn't trying to say it' OK to steal something you want because your poor. I'm not saying it's OK to skip a few meals to be able to buy something you want. All I was trying to say was that saving a few dollars at a time is Not always possible and that I would like to see more stripped down version of hardware and software made available world wide so more people would find it more of in price range they can afford.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,542
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       19 Jun 2016 #129

    Winuser said: View Post
    All I was trying to say was that saving a few dollars at a time is Not always possible and that I would like to see more stripped down version of hardware and software made available world wide so more people would find it more of in price range they can afford.
    @Winuser it sounds like you are describing Linux. Note, there are some major issue with Ubuntu 16.04 lts and its flavors a lot of people are not liking those & some drivers are not working as well. I don't blame Ubuntu, I blame Debian. Debian stretch changed a lot things which is what Ubuntu 16.04 lts is loosely based on. Linux Mint is 17.3 is loosely based on Ubuntu 14.04 lts & Debian Jessie. I would either recommend Linux Mint 17.3, or *Opensuse Leap for those that can't afford windows.


    *Opensuse I would use Opensuse Leap or tumbleweed for a 64 bit system. For 32 bit, I would use Opensuse tumbleweed. The difference between Leap & tumbleweed is how it updates. Tumbleweed is more like Windows 10 & updates when new stuff comes it. Leap is more like windows 7 and updates come in a little slower. You can always get faster updates using a repository.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 1,087
    Win10 Pro Build 15014.rs_prerelease 170115-1253
       19 Jun 2016 #130

    Winuser said: View Post
    Since this in a round about way refers back to a post I made earlier about skipping a few meals I'm goint to try and explain this one last time. In a earlier post it was stated That no matter how poor someone is they can always save a little money until they have enough to buy the things they want. In response to that post I was trying to convey that that is not always possible. I used the skip a few meals and take that money to buy something as a example of something a poor person may have to sacrifice to have a few dollars to save. I wasn't trying to say it' OK to steal something you want because your poor. I'm not saying it's OK to skip a few meals to be able to buy something you want. All I was trying to say was that saving a few dollars at a time is Not always possible and that I would like to see more stripped down version of hardware and software made available world wide so more people would find it more of in price range they can afford.
    - there are companies out there making cheap minimalist mobile devices,
    - there are even clockwork radios..
    - hopefully efforts will continue to get "basic" tech into areas where it is essential..
    - as well as maintaining support and linkage..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Holo Announcing the Microsoft HoloLens ‘Share Your Idea’ campaign
Source: Announcing the Microsoft HoloLens campaign | Building Apps for Windows Vote or Share idea at: Share Your Idea | HoloLens
Windows 10 News
Today Microsoft Starts the Most Aggressive Windows 10 Upgrade Campaign
Windows 10 is now a recommended download in Windows Update 62021 Read more:...
Windows 10 News
Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates
Read more: https://t.co/EtNcD3JCra
Windows 10 News
Microsoft continues tinkering with Windows 10 preview
http://www.cnet.com/news/windows-10-whats-on-tap/?tag=nl.e404&s_cid=e404&ttag=e404&ftag=CAD1acfa04
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums