Windows 10: Microsoft continues campaign to shut down stupid software pirates

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,555
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       12 Jun 2016 #110

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Raspberry Pi with Ubuntu, the hardware is cheap, just hook it up to a HDTV through HDMI(like me) get a cheap or used keyboard & mouse, install Ubuntu. Nothing to steal, nothing to Pirate.
    There are absolutely no reasons to be criminal or even in the "gray zone".

    Off topic questions

    Cliff S, that is neat. Kind of like what I would like. Does it have wifi (wps) yet? Does the Raspberry Pi get hot? Will it work on older tv. We have tvs the receive the 75 ohm analog signal through a coax connection.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 21,746
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       12 Jun 2016 #111

    groze said: View Post
    Off topic questions

    Cliff S, that is neat. Kind of like what I would like. Does it have wifi (wps) yet? Does the Raspberry Pi get hot? Will it work on older tv. We have tvs the receive the 75 ohm analog signal through a coax connection.
    I don't have one, but there is a thread for it: The Raspberry Pi Thread [2] - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,555
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       12 Jun 2016 #112

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I don't have one, but there is a thread for it: The Raspberry Pi Thread [2] - Windows 10 Forums
    Thank you, I will ask in that thread.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 21,746
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       12 Jun 2016 #113

    groze said: View Post
    Thank you, I will ask in that thread.
    You're welcome groze:)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    14 Jun 2016 #114

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I could "SURVIVE" without one, but "LIVE"?Attachment 84706
    Hi there

    maybe it's a generational thing - but us older folks can actually SPEAK and deal with real people whether we know them or not -- youngsters today seem scared when they have to deal with a total stranger or somebody they haven't got a facebook / twitter / instagram etc account for -- Modern kids are either all day plugged in to (usually) noisy bud earphones or messing around on Social media sites -- I'm not saying you can't make good friends this way -- but usually these are nothing like as constant or complete as real friends made "The old fashioned way".

    I had a really great journey with Eurostar from London to Brussels recently with a group of older (not yet pensioners -- about 35 - 45 somethings age group) - great conversation and "Craick" as I think the Irish say.

    Great change from sitting in a carriage with either a load of under 25's all on Earphones and plugged in to goodness knows what -- or stressed overworked business people incessantly checking for probably pointless company email.

    Some of the real people you meet on trips can last lifetimes as good friends !!. If you are forever plugged into headphones --try unplugging and TALK to people --it's not hard and can be fun !!!!.

    Anyway that's OT to the main point of this thread - but I had to say it. !

    Waiting for ICELAND Vs PORTUGAL tonight (21.00 French time) - Not sure how we'll handle Ronaldo --still it's great were are there at all. !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    14 Jun 2016 #115

    So am I.. right now I have Hungary Vs Austria on..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. COMPUTIAC Guest
       14 Jun 2016 #116

    ^^^^
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,359
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       14 Jun 2016 #117

    Winuser said: View Post
    You need to read the post from Lee that he posted earlier. I know what it's like being poor. My wife knows what it's like not knowing where your next meal is coming from or where they were to sleep. It bothers me when someone thinks that life is always easy.
    Exactly what is your point? Do you think you are the only ones who know what it's like being poor? Read my post, been there, done that. More than once. Nobody said life is easy. What I did say is that being poor is not an excuse for stealing. Having Windows is not a necessity, and being poor is not an excuse to steal. It was you who said to skip meals to save money so you can buy a TV. It is a matter of priorities. I would much rather eat than watch a movie on Saturday night. Smart phones, TVs and computers are not a necessity. Eating is. Because someone is poor is no reason to expect someone to give it to you for free or a justification to steal it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    14 Jun 2016 #118

    essenbe said: View Post
    Exactly what is your point? Do you think you are the only ones who know what it's like being poor? Read my post, been there, done that. More than once. Nobody said life is easy. What I did say is that being poor is not an excuse for stealing. Having Windows is not a necessity, and being poor is not an excuse to steal. It was you who said to skip meals to save money so you can buy a TV. It is a matter of priorities. I would much rather eat than watch a movie on Saturday night. Smart phones, TVs and computers are not a necessity. Eating is. Because someone is poor is no reason to expect someone to give it to you for free or a justification to steal it.

    Hi there
    @essenbe and others
    Just to put this into perspective

    Here was 1930's UK -- at that time still the most powerful economic and military power on earth --might come as a shock to some younger US citizens to realize that the US was at that time was just a growing fledgling economy and not a significant power on the world stage - but it was true !!.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british...arrow_01.shtml

    People at the bottom suffered quite bad poverty -- but that didn''t give them a licence to steal etc -- Of course the politicians at the time could have done more -- but isn't it much the same today where gap between top and bottom is getting wider by the minute.

    In fact considering the deprevation and poverty at the bottom at the time Crime was very low indeed.

    Poverty per se is really no excuse to steal though.


    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    14 Jun 2016 #119

    essenbe said: View Post
    Exactly what is your point? Do you think you are the only ones who know what it's like being poor? Read my post, been there, done that. More than once. Nobody said life is easy. What I did say is that being poor is not an excuse for stealing. Having Windows is not a necessity, and being poor is not an excuse to steal. It was you who said to skip meals to save money so you can buy a TV. It is a matter of priorities. I would much rather eat than watch a movie on Saturday night. Smart phones, TVs and computers are not a necessity. Eating is. Because someone is poor is no reason to expect someone to give it to you for free or a justification to steal it.
    My point is that when someone is to poor and barley making it they are not going to be able to save any money to buy a expensive computer. It may sound easy to do but in reality it's not always that easy. My statements was about Lee posting that no matter how poor you are you can always save money. The skipping meals was just an example of what someone to poor may have to do to be able to have extra money to save. I do agree that being poor is not an excuse for stealing. That is also why I posted that I would like to see a stripped version of Windows 10 that was more affordable. Actually I would like to see stripped down computers/devices that would be more affordable so more people will be able to use today's technology to improve their lives.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Announcing the Microsoft HoloLens campaign | Building Apps for Windows Vote or Share idea at: Share Your Idea | HoloLens
Windows 10 is now a recommended download in Windows Update 62021 Read more:...
Read more: https://t.co/EtNcD3JCra
http://www.cnet.com/news/windows-10-whats-on-tap/?tag=nl.e404&s_cid=e404&ttag=e404&ftag=CAD1acfa04
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07.
Find Us