Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352 Insider

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 14,305
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Jun 2016 #251

    Arrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

    I clean installed Build 14352 and when I went to open Skype, I got a Preview! Which would be OK, if it had allowed me to sign in with my current Skype ID, rather than reaching back in time and resurrecting a very old ID that I don't use.

    Not only that, but there's no way I can sign out of that old ID and sign in to my newer ID! Oh, yeah, and there's no way I can even get back my old Skype!

    This is the absolute pits!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 4,333
    Win 10 Pro x64
       07 Jun 2016 #252

    Wynona said: View Post
    Arrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

    I clean installed Build 14352 and when I went to open Skype, I got a Preview! Which would be OK, if it had allowed me to sign in with my current Skype ID, rather than reaching back in time and resurrecting a very old ID that I don't use.

    Not only that, but there's no way I can sign out of that old ID and sign in to my newer ID! Oh, yeah, and there's no way I can even get back my old Skype!

    This is the absolute pits!


    Inhale... exhale... restore image backup....
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 782
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       07 Jun 2016 #253

    Anyone have problems with feedback hub? Cannot post to feedback hub because it keeps asking me to log in with Microsoft account. That is only account I have! When I go to log in, it asks me again to log in. HUMMMMMMM!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 11,218
    Windows 10 Pro
       07 Jun 2016 #254

    Wynona said: View Post
    Arrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

    I clean installed Build 14352 and when I went to open Skype, I got a Preview! Which would be OK, if it had allowed me to sign in with my current Skype ID, rather than reaching back in time and resurrecting a very old ID that I don't use.

    Not only that, but there's no way I can sign out of that old ID and sign in to my newer ID! Oh, yeah, and there's no way I can even get back my old Skype!

    This is the absolute pits!
    Wynona, as far as I know and have experienced, the Skype Preview App signs in using your Windows sign in MS account. If you create another user account using the MS account associated with the Skype account you want to use, this new user account should sign in to Skype Preview with correct credentials.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14,305
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Jun 2016 #255

    Kari said: View Post
    Wynona, as far as I know and have experienced, the Skype Preview App signs in using your Windows sign in MS account. If you create another user account using the MS account associated with the Skype account you want to use, this new user account should sign in to Skype Preview with correct credentials.
    Thanks, Kari! I'll try that.

    Would you believe I've never created a secondary account for my computers? I never had a reason to, since I'm the only one here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,305
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Jun 2016 #256

    badrobot said: View Post
    Inhale... exhale... restore image backup....
    Ummm, this is a clean install, Robot, which means there's no prior Skype account on it. The only thing available is the stinking Preview. Gonna try what Kari told me.

    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 14,305
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Jun 2016 #257

    magilla said: View Post
    Anyone have problems with feedback hub? Cannot post to feedback hub because it keeps asking me to log in with Microsoft account. That is only account I have! When I go to log in, it asks me again to log in. HUMMMMMMM!
    Yep, submit was grayed out. It's like they don't want to hear about my gripes!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 8,299
    Windows 10 Professional
       07 Jun 2016 #258

    Wynona said: View Post
    Ummm, this is a clean install, Robot, which means there's no prior Skype account on it. The only thing available is the stinking Preview. Gonna try what Kari told me.

    Thanks.
    Uninstall the Skype Video Preview and re-install Skype for Desktop.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 11,218
    Windows 10 Pro
       07 Jun 2016 #259

    Wynona said: View Post
    Thanks, Kari! I'll try that.

    Would you believe I've never created a secondary account for my computers? I never had a reason to, since I'm the only one here.
    I have four user accounts for myself, each in different language. I always install Windows using an English version, then install Finnish, Swedish and German language packs. My main user account is in English but I create three additional user accounts and switch one of them to Finnish, one to Swedish and one to German.

    This way I can choose when signing in to Windows in which of the four languages I want to use Windows, and get screenshots when necessary for Finnish, Swedish and German tech forums. I'm not very active on those forums, though, having about 70 posts in a Finnish tech site, about 120 in a Swedish one and less than 50 in a German one. Compare that to almost 7K here or almost 18K on our sister site Seven Forums (where BTW I celebrate my 7th anniversary this Sunday ).
    Last edited by Kari; 07 Jun 2016 at 13:51. Reason: Corrected my SF anniversary; it's on Sunday not Saturday :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,563
    Windows 10 Pro x64 RS 10586.586
    Thread Starter
       07 Jun 2016 #260

    Everyone should again have access to PC 14352. Thanks team.


    Everyone should again have access to PC 14352. Thanks team.

      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Related Threads
717759462258249728 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
705816926006579200 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
695034380524216320 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 | Windows Experience Blog
677187866225692672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 | Windows Experience Blog See also: Release version 11082 : Microsoft Edge Dev
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57.
Find Us