Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352 Insider

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 11,218
    Windows 10 Pro
       04 Jun 2016 #201

    Brink said: View Post
    Kari,

    Are you able to use one of the other options to do so instead?

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
    Yes, finally with option 4 (Recovery Drive, created on another machine).

    • Options 1 & 2 not available because I cannot boot to Windows
    • Option 3 not available because I do not get a boot menu (single boot machine)
    • Option 5 not available because the Repair option / page where to choose either Install or Repair is totally missing when booting with install media of 14352
    • Option 6 not available even after 12 hard resets'


    Could someone please confirm that boot from 14352 install media does not show this page / dialog:

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1
    Dual Boot 10 Pro v1607 10 Pro rs2 build 14971
       04 Jun 2016 #202

    Kari said: View Post
    Yes, finally with option 4 (Recovery Drive, created on another machine).

    • Options 1 & 2 not available because I cannot boot to Windows
    • Option 3 not available because I do not get a boot menu (single boot machine)
    • Option 5 not available because the Repair option / page where to choose either Install or Repair is totally missing when booting with install media of 14352
    • Option 6 not available even after 12 hard resets'


    Could someone please confirm that boot from 14352 install media does not show this page / dialog:

    I didn't have that either. My media (made using esd to iso tool) starts with " Starting setup" .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    04 Jun 2016 #203

    Kari said: View Post
    Could someone please confirm that boot from 14352 install media does not show this page
    Yes. It doesn't appear for me either (ISO made from esd download).

    I can't remember when it disappeared but it always has been there in the past. Even recently I think but I could not honestly tell you when it went.

    I'd still stick with the Shift+F10 at install but I know you know that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 730
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 14971.1000
       04 Jun 2016 #204

    Kari said: View Post
    Yes, finally with option 4 (Recovery Drive, created on another machine).

    • Options 1 & 2 not available because I cannot boot to Windows
    • Option 3 not available because I do not get a boot menu (single boot machine)
    • Option 5 not available because the Repair option / page where to choose either Install or Repair is totally missing when booting with install media of 14352
    • Option 6 not available even after 12 hard resets'


    Could someone please confirm that boot from 14352 install media does not show this page / dialog:

    Doesn't show up when booting from 14532. Last one I had which did was the MS ISO 14332.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 346
    Windows 10 Pro 15063.296
       04 Jun 2016 #205

    I created a bootable USB from the 14352 ESD and upon boot up I still have the Repair your computer option.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,218
    Windows 10 Pro
       04 Jun 2016 #206

    tracit99 said: View Post
    I created a bootable USB from the 14352 ESD and upon boot up I still have the Repair your computer option.
    Strange. I just tested both 14342 and 14352 ISO images. The 14342 has that page / option, 14352 not. Both ISO images created with same tool.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 346
    Windows 10 Pro 15063.296
       04 Jun 2016 #207

    I used the following tool: Thanks to abbodi1406 over at MDL forum.
    File: esd-decrypter-wimlib-17.7z
    MD5: 8eaa08c9b0879aa14ae5f53d9cb6099d
    SHA1: b913096d40966626aaf31ba971bfa8874344a62d
    Downloaded from here: http://vshare.io/d/10fe0fa/
    14352 ESD came from Windows Update when I installed 14352.
    I cannot image how any of this could make any difference. You are right this is indeed strange.
    Last edited by tracit99; 04 Jun 2016 at 14:39.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 605
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       04 Jun 2016 #208

    Kari said: View Post
    Strange. I just tested both 14342 and 14352 ISO images. The 14342 has that page / option, 14352 not. Both ISO images created with same tool.
    One more data point: I just now made a USB from a 14352 ISO made by ESDtoISO, and DID have the 'Repair this computer' option upon booting it up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 5,670
    Windows X (various flavours)
       04 Jun 2016 #209

    One thought. All of the rest (except Kari) have bootable drives in your PCs. How can Windows repair something that it doesn't see.
    Or Windows setup just isn't capable of it.

    Kari tray to repair with more powerful tool (Macrium cames to mind).

    Edit: forget this, just saw, that older build can see installation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 11,218
    Windows 10 Pro
       04 Jun 2016 #210

    OK, I found the culprit. The ISO had a minor fault, Windows installed from it is working but the WinPE repair console is missing.

    I noticed that using my install ISO, a command prompt flashed fast just before showing the input language and time / currency formats dialog. I had to capture the boot on a vm to video, then freeze the video to be able to, have enough time to read the message shown in this command prompt:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_06_04_20_59_311.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	309.2 KB 
ID:	83350

    Further, after the command prompt the dialog was shown with wrong background colour, white:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_06_04_21_00_522.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	83351

    Inspecting this a bit more, the two missing files are parts of the WinPE repair console. However, I have Windows installed using this ISO on three machines, all of them working perfectly except the one I today managed to screw up the EFI system partition (long story...). In other words this ISO although missing the repair console had no other flaws, Windows installed from it works perfectly

    Anyway, I used the same ESD file and re-made the ISO now and did a test install on Hyper-V vm using the new ISO. This time the dialog background colour is blue as it should be, and the repair options is there:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_06_04_21_09_051.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	83354
    (Compare the dialog blue background to screenshot above with with background.)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_06_04_21_10_512.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	83355


    Last edited by Kari; 04 Jun 2016 at 16:34.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Related Threads
717759462258249728 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
705816926006579200 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
695034380524216320 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 | Windows Experience Blog
677187866225692672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 | Windows Experience Blog See also: Release version 11082 : Microsoft Edge Dev
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57.
Find Us