Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
  1.    06 Jun 2016 #241
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Shasta County
    Posts : 1,073
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by davwilli View Post
    And there is a downloadable regedit file on that site to do it for you.
    We have that here,

    Upgrade to Windows 10 Update - Enable or Disable in Windows 7 or 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 Jun 2016 #242
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 7
    Win 10 Build 9926

    I used the GWX control panel until I decided to go with Windows 10 on a new machine, I don't know if it still works, but that was an effective fix for me that I learned from this forum. I would assume that the regular members here would be able to provide help to those who ask for it. I don't defend MS, anyone who wants to keep their existing OS should have that option.

    Quote Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
    Maybe most poster's should be able to, Maybe.
    You are forgetting all the people who come here looking for answer's in the future ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    06 Jun 2016 #243
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
    Maybe most poster's should be able to, Maybe.
    You are forgetting all the people who come here looking for answer's in the future ?
    Plus the users that...
    1. Don't know about TenForums.
    2. Don't know about this thread.
    3. Don't know what or how to use a reg file.
    MS hasn't done anything to help the average user to not install a upgrade they don't want. In MS's mind you can use any OS you want as long as it's Win 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    06 Jun 2016 #244
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,966
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by davwilli View Post
    I used the GWX control panel until I decided to go with Windows 10 on a new machine, I don't know if it still works, but that was an effective fix for me that I learned from this forum. I would assume that the regular members here would be able to provide help to those who ask for it. I don't defend MS, anyone who wants to keep their existing OS should have that option.
    I understand your point. You have to consider the thousand's of Guest's who come here looking for answer's
    and will not join for a number of reason's.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    06 Jun 2016 #245
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,966
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    Plus the users that...
    1. Don't know about TenForums.
    2. Don't know about this thread.
    3. Don't know what or how to use a reg file.
    MS hasn't done anything to help the average user to not install a upgrade they don't want. In MS's mind you can use any OS you want as long as it's Win 10.
    The Registry is a very scary place for many.
    One mistake could turn into a reinstall, something of which many have no idea how to do.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    06 Jun 2016 #246
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 7
    Win 10 Build 9926

    I do have sympathy for those who are not able to stop the upgrade.

    Quote Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
    I understand your point. You have to consider the thousand's of Guest's who come here looking for answer's
    and will not join for a number of reason's.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    06 Jun 2016 #247
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 7
    Win 10 Build 9926

    In my humble opinion anyone who knows that little about computers should go with Win 10 if only because it is more secure and will be kept up to date. << edit>> But I still agree no one should be forced to upgrade!

    Quote Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
    The Registry is a very scary place for many.
    One mistake could turn into a reinstall, something of which many have no idea how to do.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    07 Jun 2016 #248
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 537
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by davwilli View Post
    In my humble opinion anyone who knows that little about computers should go with Win 10 if only because it is more secure and will be kept up to date. << edit>> But I still agree no one should be forced to upgrade!
    What do you understand under more "Secure"? Limiting the Access to the Software of Userīs Computer is that "Security"?
    Windows 10 is Blind limiting everything around. Just Blocking, without a justified reason, is no security. I have the fealing that people at MS are lost, they do not know how to do it better than just Blocking.

    About the Registry: It is there for to be used. That is a kind of a "Notepad" where all settings for every single Component are stored. Sometimes it is necessary to change things there and there is nothing wrong or scaring about it. It is aboslutly normal to edit and change things in Registry. It is a mythos saying "you will ruin your PC" if you cahnge anything there. People should know what they are doing, if they donīt know, should let it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    07 Jun 2016 #249
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    That's not exactly the same thing. Those that were conned into upgrading to Win 10 are not going to buy it anyhow. MS needs to learn that they can't force people to accept something they don't want. I don't know how much effect the petition will have but it will show MS that people are not willing to let them do what ever they please.
    MS will only understand via the marketplace not a petition, IMO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    07 Jun 2016 #250
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,470
    Windows 10 Professional

    I think Leo nailed it when he speculated that MS truly believes that Windows 10 is the best thing since 'sliced bread' for all of humanity!
    and...
    they're hell bent for leather to not support numerous operating systems asap!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Cryptic message pops-up: msft virtual scsi mounted to F:\
A few minutes ago, a message balloon popped-up in the notification area formerly known as the system tray that said "msft virtual scsi mounted to F:", as near as I can remember. It went away after a few seconds, and did not leave a message in the...
General Support
MSFT to Release Low-Cost/Free Windows 10 with Bing branding
Read more: Microsoft to Release Low-Cost/Free Windows 10 with Bing Branding - Softpedia
Windows 10 News
If This Is How MSFT Improves App Quality, Windows 10 Has a Big Problem
Source
Windows 10 News
MSFT announces Windows 9 event in San Francisco 30th Sept
Read more
Windows 10 News
MSFT teases 'big things' for Windows at IFA conference
Read More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Đ Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums