Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1.    12 Jul 2016 #51
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 64
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by robertwnielsen View Post
    Um, people do realize this app is technically still a beta, right? And that betas are usually buggy, and lack features? Don't get me wrong, I installed the UWP app, but I realize it's not finished yet.
    You don't get it and you seem to be falling for their nonsense too. VLC is beta since 15 years now, and there are working like 2 people on it, may be wrong, could be 1 person.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    12 Jul 2016 #52

    Quote Originally Posted by muffle View Post
    You don't get it and you seem to be falling for their nonsense too. VLC is beta since 15 years now, and there are working like 2 people on it, may be wrong, could be 1 person.
    True enough, muffle--I gave up on the desktop app for DVD's and videos (use PotPlayer for video clips, Zoom Player Pro for DVD's), so I get what you're saying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    12 Jul 2016 #53
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    New York
    Posts : 149
    Windows 10

    The regular (non windows store app) version of VLC Media Player is actually very good and i play videos and dvds with it all the time, but this app version is really bad news, unfortunately...Even though it is in beta, the new version is even worse then the previously available version...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    13 Jul 2016 #54
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 65
    Win10

    They may name it a "beta", but it feels more or less like an "alpha" in the early 0.xx stages.
    Far away from usable, crashes almost every time, sometimes directly on start.
    It's sad that there is not only one comparable, "touch-optimized" App like Androids Mxplayer/Bsplayer & Co.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    13 Jul 2016 #55
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,164
    W10 Insider + Linux

    I dunno what problems you guys are having with either version but both of them work for me just fine although APP is poor with options but never crashed and I left it as default player. Desktop one I use when more features are called for.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    13 Jul 2016 #56
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I dunno what problems you guys are having with either version but both of them work for me just fine although APP is poor with options but never crashed and I left it as default player. Desktop one I use when more features are called for.
    +1. The desktop version works just like a charm and I just re-installed the app version and.. it just worked. It is really basic but heck.. it's a basic app and there's nothing wrong with that.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    13 Jul 2016 #57
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 65
    Win10

    Has somebody tried to play streams from Internet or via smb:// from your NAS?
    Impossible in my case, VLC crashes immediately.
    Only local content can be played (most of the time).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    13 Jul 2016 #58
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,164
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by vel2000 View Post
    Has somebody tried to play streams from Internet or via smb:// from your NAS?
    Impossible in my case, VLC crashes immediately.
    Only local content can be played (most of the time).
    Desktop version works for streaming from internet in my case.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    13 Jul 2016 #59
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 65
    Win10

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Desktop version works for streaming from internet in my case.
    This works since 15 years or more, but the thread is about the UWP app...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    13 Jul 2016 #60
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    +1. The desktop version works just like a charm and I just re-installed the app version and.. it just worked. It is really basic but heck.. it's a basic app and there's nothing wrong with that.

    Jeff
    Some times it's more convenient to run a App/Program that doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles that you don't need.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
The latest released Windows 10 Pro version?
My version is Build 10240 pushed to me from MS. I have it on a desktop Pc and a Thinkpad 450. Theres is a lot of errors in the eventviewer on both Pc's and it is the same errors. About 8 perflib errors when starting up and a lot of ESENT errors...
General Support
Firefox 39.0.3 Released today
With Firefox 40 due pretty soon, Mozilla released Firefox 39.0.3 as did Cyberfox. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/#firefox Firefox 39.0.3 Firefox ESR 38.1.1
Browsers and Email
Confused Insider - Have I the released version?
Greetings.... First post here although I've been in read mode for many months. Now the deadline has passed I feel the need for some help and apologies for the length of the story. I've been on the Insider Program for a few months and updated...
Windows Insider
Windows Update KB3055415 released today for Windows 10 build 10061
592914593917378560 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html
Windows 10 News
Released version
So when this "10" is released will it be as straight forward as putting in a legal s/n or will it have to be wiped and reinstalled.
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:49.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums