Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    01 Apr 2015 #21
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    True it's a TP, Jeff, but that's why we're testing . . . we need to give Microsoft feedback and point out everything we like as well as don't like. And, discussing what's right as well as wrong is what I like to see in these forums. That way I get to know what others are seeing and check accordingly. Also, do they confirm something I think might be wrong.
    It's pointless to argue about what's wrong when what's wrong is obviously unfinished code. It seems all too many people jump to the bizarre conclusion that something broken in a TP will ship in the finished version that way, and that MS is stupid for releasing such crap.

    If you want to constructively point out a problem, then you say, hey this thing doesn't work. Not "Spartan behaving like Malware" or "Spartan is pointless because its too buggy, and I see no reason to buy Windows 10".

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    As to Spartan, it seems to me Microsoft has been talking about it from the get-go, which should mean it's been in development for quite some time. With the excitement being generated by Microsoft, I would have expected Spartan to be a bit more mature, but what the hey; as you say . . . Although not everyone is impressed, it doesn't mean they'll stop putting it through its paces.
    Actually, no.. we've only first heard about it a few months ago. It just *seems* like they've been talking about it for a long time. Yes, it has been in development for a while.

    A web browser is really two pieces. The Rendering engine, and the "chrome" (the app that hosts the rendering engine). The rendering engine is actually very mature, and what they seem to have spent the most time on. The "chrome" is not, and that is what is still largely in development.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    01 Apr 2015 #22
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,837
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    It's pointless to argue about what's wrong when what's wrong is obviously unfinished code. It seems all too many people jump to the bizarre conclusion that something broken in a TP will ship in the finished version that way, and that MS is stupid for releasing such crap.

    If you want to constructively point out a problem, then you say, hey this thing doesn't work. Not "Spartan behaving like Malware" or "Spartan is pointless because its too buggy, and I see no reason to buy Windows 10".
    Yeppers, I am in agreement. By the same token, when someone points out something wrong, we all have a tendency to point out that this is a TP. Your statement bears repeating, and I will . . .

    If you want to constructively point out a problem, then you say, hey this thing doesn't work. Not "Spartan behaving like Malware" or "Spartan is pointless because its too buggy, and I see no reason to buy Windows 10".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Actually, no.. we've only first heard about it a few months ago. It just *seems* like they've been talking about it for a long time. Yes, it has been in development for a while.
    Well, it seems like forever . . . Having been using Windows 10 from the outset, when I go back to Windows 8.1 to get some real production work done (I have a minimum of programs installed on Windows 10), I'm just a bit lost for awhile. As someone said, though, computer life is nothing like real life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    A web browser is really two pieces. The Rendering engine, and the "chrome" (the app that hosts the rendering engine). The rendering engine is actually very mature, and what they seem to have spent the most time on. The "chrome" is not, and that is what is still largely in development.
    I'll take your word on that . . . I just know it's not ready for prime time; after all, it's a TP. Sorry, couldn't resist.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    02 Apr 2015 #23

    Hey Sparty is rough around the edges but I'm making it work. I've seen a number of posts about it crashing and freezing, I guess I haven't pushed it enough to have those issues. I'm just browsing and doing my normal use of the new browser. It has great potential and I would expect we'll see refinements to it over the course of the next few months.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    02 Apr 2015 #24
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    England
    Posts : 963
    Windows IP 17046

    Quote Originally Posted by gzt7d8 View Post
    Hey Sparty is rough around the edges but I'm making it work. I've seen a number of posts about it crashing and freezing, I guess I haven't pushed it enough to have those issues. I'm just browsing and doing my normal use of the new browser. It has great potential and I would expect we'll see refinements to it over the course of the next few months.
    Agreed, it works fine for me as well, I like the speed and clean look
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    02 Apr 2015 #25
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 729
    win 7 dual boot / 10

    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    Agreed, it works fine for me as well, I like the speed and clean look
    Ditto Me also. It has done all I have asked from it this morning. I like the Project so far.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    02 Apr 2015 #26
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,837
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Thanks, guys . . . Makes me hopeful that I can get it to work for me too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    02 Apr 2015 #27
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    It's pointless to argue about what's wrong when what's wrong is obviously unfinished code...
    No it isn't, it is perfectly normal behavior. There is demonstrably a need for (or at least a pattern of so doing) for humans to form into antagonistic cliques to increase their sense of belonging and security. "Us and them" as your American cultural anthropologists would have it. "Us" the power users liking the Windows 7 start menu and linux, and "them" being inferior as they only use a phone style interface and don't do mission critical prime time work (or the other way around it doesn't matter in the slightest).

    By your logic this forum would exist solely of tutorials and word games and all suggestions and errors would simply go through the MS feedback app. That would be a shame - people getting fired up about shapes of icons or menus is a good, normal and not a pointless thing. In fact it is healthy and fun - especially if we find others who agree
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    02 Apr 2015 #28
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts : 713
    Windows 10 Build 14267

    It's pointless to argue about what's wrong when what's wrong is obviously unfinished code.
    But they need people's feedback to follow the right track... It's more than fair to discuss about what each of us like or dislike in every build !

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    02 Apr 2015 #29
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    No it isn't, it is perfectly normal behavior. There is demonstrably a need for (or at least a pattern of so doing) for humans to form into antagonistic cliques to increase their sense of belonging and security. "Us and them" as your American cultural anthropologists would have it. "Us" the power users liking the Windows 7 start menu and linux, and "them" being inferior as they only use a phone style interface and don't do mission critical prime time work (or the other way around it doesn't matter in the slightest).

    By your logic this forum would exist solely of tutorials and word games and all suggestions and errors would simply go through the MS feedback app. That would be a shame - people getting fired up about shapes of icons or menus is a good, normal and not a pointless thing. In fact it is healthy and fun - especially if we find others who agree
    No, you're wrong... er.. or are you right? I'm so confused.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    02 Apr 2015 #30
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    It like the rest of the OS are a work in progress and finding and reporting issues are key. Without that MS can't get it working properly, IMO,.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Project Spartan now available in Windows 10 Preview for Phones
Source: Project Spartan now available in the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones - IEBlog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
Windows 10 News
Hands on with Microsoft's next gen 'Project Spartan' web browser
Read more: Hands on with Microsoft's next gen 'Project Spartan' web browser | Windows Central
Windows 10 News
Windows 10's speedy new Project Spartan browser will ditch Internet Ex
Windows 10's speedy new Project Spartan browser will ditch Internet Explorer name | PCWorld
Browsers and Email
Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser.
Source
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:28.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums