Windows 10: Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

  1. Posts : 4,333
    Win 10 Pro x64
       17 Apr 2015 #241

    Kari said: View Post
    OK then you should get it in about 6 minutes in ideal conditions and no overhead, in reality in 10 to 15 minutes.

    The download didn't take long. The installation does take ages.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 11,221
    Windows 10 Pro
       17 Apr 2015 #242

    Why don't you make the ISO and upgrade using it, if upgrade is what you want to? It's faster than letting WU to upgrade using the ESD.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 4,333
    Win 10 Pro x64
       17 Apr 2015 #243

    Kari said: View Post
    Why don't you make the ISO and upgrade using it, if upgrade is what you want to? It's faster than letting WU to upgrade using the ESD.
    Hi Kari,

    Yeah I did that before. Although I had a little bit of issue (networking problem) with that method, it went well.
    This time around I am just testing again the "slow upgrade bug". Almost everybody is having issues with the 10049 upgrade with some taking up to 12 hours.

    I just completed the entire procedure again from 10041 clean installation up to 10049 upgrade and the entire process took only 52 mins.


    Here, again is the complete photo documentation.

    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 11,221
    Windows 10 Pro
       17 Apr 2015 #244

    badrobot said: View Post
    I just completed the entire procedure again from 10041 clean installation up to 10049 upgrade and the entire process took only 52 mins.
    Not bad .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    17 Apr 2015 #245

    From download to finished install. . .20 minutes. Speedtest.com shows my download speed at 73.8 mb/s (just in case someone was wondering. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    17 Apr 2015 #246

    Kari said: View Post
    Why don't you make the ISO and upgrade using it, if upgrade is what you want to? It's faster than letting WU to upgrade using the ESD.
    Hi Kari, I've tried twice with this update and it's failed.
    Both times it seemed to be going ok, I got the "your computer may shut down" warning, and then just a black screen.
    I waited about 20 minutes, and did a hard shutdown.
    After a couple of minutes I tried again. Once more the install seemed to be going fine, but then I got the black screen again.
    I thought I'd leave it a while. so went out for the evening. Several hours later nothing had changed, so once again I did a hard shutdown.
    Worryingly, it took several attempts to boot, and then notified me that my update had failed because a language pack would not load.
    Do you think I should try installing from disk?
    Actually, I was curious about Spartan browser, but otherwise I'm happy enough on the slow lane anyway. Perhaps I should just wait. I'm running it as my sole OS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 11,221
    Windows 10 Pro
       17 Apr 2015 #247

    I would try a clean install instead, creating the 10049 ISO from the ESD file.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    17 Apr 2015 #248

    badrobot said: View Post
    It's so buggy it keeps installing March updates even in the middle of April (already installed back in March).
    If MS can't take it to Slow why don't they just roll out a new build?

    Attachment 16939
    You have misinterpreted what that says.

    It says "Security Update *FOR* Windows Technical Preview March Update - For x64-based systems.

    I believe 10041 was called the "Windows Technical Preview March Update" and 10049 was called the "Windows Technical Preview March Update Refresh" or something like that. So those updates are not March Updates, they're Updates to the March Update that were published in April.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 4,333
    Win 10 Pro x64
       17 Apr 2015 #249

    Mystere said: View Post
    You have misinterpreted what that says.

    It says "Security Update *FOR* Windows Technical Preview March Update - For x64-based systems.

    I believe 10041 was called the "Windows Technical Preview March Update" and 10049 was called the "Windows Technical Preview March Update Refresh" or something like that. So those updates are not March Updates, they're Updates to the March Update that were published in April.
    Did you get them today, too?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    17 Apr 2015 #250

    I got them just now too. I see what Mystere is saying about they are named March update. That just means they are for a build that came out a month ago in march. I would like the April update and build for fast ring please.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	updates.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	16950
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10052 now available for phones See also: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-faq-right-for-me-phone?ocid=tp2_site_faq_down ...
Source: New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones
Source: Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available How to Update to Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones from Windows Phone 8.1
Source: Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available Windows 10 build 10041 ISO files available for download. https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-technical-preview.html
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:10.
Find Us