Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1.    20 Jul 2016 #51
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,457
    Windows 10 Pro

    It's amazing that my distrust in large companies can turn a whole thread into a Linux thread.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    20 Jul 2016 #52
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    It's amazing that my distrust in large companies can turn a whole thread into a Linux thread.
    .. It can be a nice break from all things windows.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    20 Jul 2016 #53
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,254
    Windows 10 IoT

    It happens now and then. The alternatives to Windows are limited. There's Apple but that's pricy, and it has its own set of pitfalls. Go open source and there isn't much out there other than Linux. I run it on my Raspberry PI, but only because I have to. If I could run a full version of Windows on it I would, even if I had to pay for it. Windows 10 IoT just doesn't do what I want. IMHO, a lot of these "I'm switching to Linux" are just idle threats.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    20 Jul 2016 #54
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,240
    Win10 Pro

    There is always Remix OS, free and easy to use.
    Remix OS for PC - Android Re-engineered for PC Productivity
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    20 Jul 2016 #55
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,254
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    .. It can be a nice break from all things windows.
    You got that right. Just check out my Raspberry Pi thread lol.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    20 Jul 2016 #56
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    You got that right. Just check out my Raspberry Pi thread lol.
    I might get one some day. It reminds me of the old Heath Kit days.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    20 Jul 2016 #57
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,254
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I might get one some day. It reminds me of the old Heath Kit days.
    It's been, fun, frustration, fun, frustration, wash rinse and repeat lol. I've learned a lot along the way though, about Linux and Python, and this and that. I don't think I'll ever get tired of playing around with it. Well them I guess, last count I had 5 different model Pi's on hand. And a couple I had, have found a new home.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    20 Jul 2016 #58
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,457
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    .. It can be a nice break from all things windows.
    A few years ago I abandoned Windows and only used Mandrake Linux. Windows 7 brought me back to MS. I do play around with Linux Mint in the free version of VMware. There are a few things I don't like about MS and Widows 10 but not enough for me to switch back to Linux as my main OS. With all the pluses and minuses I'll stay with Windows 10 as my daily OS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    20 Jul 2016 #59
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    It's been, fun, frustration, fun, frustration, wash rinse and repeat lol. I've learned a lot along the way though, about Linux and Python, and this and that. I don't think I'll ever get tired of playing around with it. Well them I guess, last count I had 5 different model Pi's on hand. And a couple I had, have found a new home.
    Coding in Python can be lots of fun and I really enjoy using that language. It has to be my favorite of all times.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    20 Jul 2016 #60
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    A few years ago I abandoned Windows and only used Mandrake Linux. Windows 7 brought me back to MS. I do play around with Linux Mint in the free version of VMware. There are a few things I don't like about MS and Widows 10 but not enough for me to switch back to Linux as my main OS. With all the pluses and minuses I'll stay with Windows 10 as my daily OS.
    +1.. I find it helpful to be familiar with Linux just in case I need to use it for another project. Mint has to be one of my favorite distributions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Now on 300 Million Devices – Free Upgrade Offer to End Soon
Source: Windows 10 Now on 300 Million Active Devices - Free Upgrade Offer to End Soon | Windows Experience Blog How to Upgrade to Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th?
Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th? I would like to know what build number is used on that system before you connect to the internet for an update. I also wonder if each oem manufacture will have different builds. I...
General Support
July 29th not June 29th
I was getting so excited for windows 10 on the 29th June....and then I realised it's July not June lol! Silly me, I must have read it wrong. And there I was looking forward to installing it tomorrow! I even bought myself a new SSD and cloned my...
General Support
Windows Insiders and the Free Upgrade Offer.
Should I roll back to 8.1 so I can reserve my free copy or will insiders receive the invite icon as well?
General Support
Windows Media Drm, Ending 14th July 2015
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Drm'd content downloaded for offline access in WMP is coming to an end Got an email from Blinkbox (UK media service, offer streaming and download for offline use) Not sure how many people still...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums