Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1.    05 Jul 2016 #41
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 31
    Windows 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikedyce View Post
    I've always used Outlook (currently on 2016) on my providers mail servers and have Outlook.com/Hotmail as a secondary account. Has always worked well.
    That's great. If you want to pay to read your email. Personally, I don't want to pay to read my email. I just want to read my email.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    05 Jul 2016 #42
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 220
    Windows 10 x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikedyce View Post
    I've always used Outlook (currently on 2016) on my providers mail servers and have Outlook.com/Hotmail as a secondary account. Has always worked well.
    Yes, Outlook 2013 and 2016 work just fine with outlook.com/hotmail accounts, but the point of Windows Live Mail is it has much of the functionality of Outlook without the cost.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    07 Jul 2016 #43
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 43
    Windows 10

    My only complaint about Outlook.com is that it does not support groups. I have three in particular that each have over a dozen email addresses in them that I must have for my computer club. As Education Director for a club of over 700 members, I have group messages that go out to our Board of Directors (15) and instructors (18) all the time. I decided to try loading them into MS Outlook 2013 - same problem. I also added my GMail account to the program but groups still would not work. Since I switched all my primary email business over to the GMail account anyway, I decided to take the outlook.com address out. As soon as I did that, the groups feature in MS Outlook turned on!!! Outlook.com was definitely the problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    11 Jul 2016 #44
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 4
    10

    WLM 2012 still works fine in Win 7. In W10 it no longer does. But Thunderbird has no problem with outlook/hotmail accounts, so using that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    12 Jul 2016 #45
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 43
    Windows 10

    Until they 'fix' the groups feature I can't use Outlook.com anyway. Anyone who needs that feature will need to go elsewhere - like GMail. Also, if you have your outlook.com account plugged into MS Outlook along with the GMail account, groups still does not work. As soon as I removed outlook.com from MS Outlook 2013, the groups feature enabled.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    04 Aug 2016 #46

    One of my Hotmail accounts will no longer send and receive from WLM 2012. It gives this error. The other still works.
    Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail account.

    Server Error: 3219
    Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00005

    Looks like calendar syncing is done. In the still working Hotmail address, I entered a few things in my WLM calendar, they didn't appear in the Windows 10 Calendar app and had to be entered manually.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    04 Aug 2016 #47
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Manchester, U.K.
    Posts : 535
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by imaddicted2u View Post
    One of my Hotmail accounts will no longer send and receive from WLM 2012. It gives this error. The other still works.
    Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail account.

    Server Error: 3219
    Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00005

    Looks like calendar syncing is done. In the still working Hotmail address, I entered a few things in my WLM calendar, they didn't appear in the Windows 10 Calendar app and had to be entered manually.
    sounds like your account has been upgraded to the new sync protocol, you can use imap to get your emails but calendar & contacts still won't sync - you have to use the mail app in Win 10 for that.
    Servername: imap-mail.outlook.com
    Port:993
    Encryptionmethod: SSL
    Servername: smtp-mail.outlook.com
    Port:587
    Encryptionmethod: SSL
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    04 Aug 2016 #48

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor9fan View Post
    sounds like your account has been upgraded to the new sync protocol, you can use imap to get your emails but calendar & contacts still won't sync - you have to use the mail app in Win 10 for that.
    Servername: imap-mail.outlook.com
    Port:993
    Encryptionmethod: SSL
    Servername: smtp-mail.outlook.com
    Port:587
    Encryptionmethod: SSL
    Yep, set up as imap, send and receive working again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    04 Aug 2016 #49
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Manchester, U.K.
    Posts : 535
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by imaddicted2u View Post
    Yep, set up as imap, send and receive working again.
    Great to hear that all is fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    04 Aug 2016 #50

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor9fan View Post
    Great to hear that all is fine.
    Forgot to say, Thanks for that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows Live Mail 2012 glitch
WLM now brings almost everything into the Trash file. No settings were changed. Is there a simple fix or would you advise I switch to Thunderbird. WLM is linked to Outlook.com so the junk also goes there. Thanks
Browsers and Email
Windows Live Mail 2012 can receive cannot sent
Hello! I noticed a strange issue in my father's new notebook (Windows 10 Home). He had Windows Live Mail in his Windows 7 desktop, so I installed Windows Essentials 2012 in the notebook as well to use a familiar e-mail application. I setup the...
Browsers and Email
Windows Live Mail 2012 problem with Win10
Recently "upgraded" to W10 from W7 (like so many apparently :D) Most of 10 works OK and my old installed programs are fine but the big problem I'm having is with Live Mail 2012 Program (is it now an app?) The program sometimes starts, sometimes...
Browsers and Email
Solved Can I Import Live Mail 2012 to Windows 10 Mail?
I've used WLM 2012 with Windows 7 and it has worked fine all these years. After installing 10 I see it contains its own Mail app. Is it possible to transfer all my emails and settings from WLM to Mail?
Browsers and Email
windows live mail 2012
Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:46.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums