For people that use or want to use eM client, be aware that the current version (6.x) use airsync for hotmail/outlook accounts. They will have to use IMAP when Outlook switch to the new sync protocol.
What to expect in eM Client 7: IMAP Support for Outlook.com Accounts | eM Client
Bracing myself for the change. Here are the settings that currently work for Outlook.com/Hotmail/MSN/Live accounts with IMAP:
Don't mind the French.
Let's see if these keep working past the deadline.
Last edited by AdHoc; 02 Jul 2016 at 02:42.
Today is the 2nd July and Outlook.com accounts are still working in WLM2012. Please Microsoft, whatever you do, let it stay that way.
I moved to gmail a few years ago and ditched software clients. Not looked back since. Its available on my tablet and phone so I can view my email anywhere.
I use calendar so I took the free years subscription to Office 365. If you only use email then it seems it will be OK via IMAP.The only real casualty of the migration is calendar synchronization, which won't work at all on 16.4.3528, crashes the program on 16.4.3563 on Windows 10 and possibly Windows 8.1 too, and works unreliably on 16.4.3564.
- POP3 mail accounts - no change
- IMAP mail accounts - no change
- NNTP news accounts - no change
- LDAP contacts directory accounts - no change
- Account contacts - no change, except that Categories no longer synchronize to People
- Categories do synchronize between instances of Windows Live Mail
- Default contacts - no change
- Default calendar - no change
- RSS feeds - no change
- Photo email*- no change
- Storage folders - no change
- Search for a message - no change
- Find a message*- no change
- etc. etc.
What I was trying to say is that Outlook.com accounts are still working with AirSync/DeltaSync, not IMAP.
And it still works with WLM2012. Hopefully it will continue to do so.
I've always used Outlook (currently on 2016) on my providers mail servers and have Outlook.com/Hotmail as a secondary account. Has always worked well.