Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    24 Mar 2015 #11
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,569
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    Idiocy or Ulterior Motives


    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Now Microsoft is trying to please everyone on the planet and it's showing in 10, it's becoming a buggy mess with a little bit of everyone's idea of what an OS should be.
    MS are still trying to "please themselves".
    It's just like the W8.1 fake Start Menu button.

    I don't know anyone who asked for this Hybrid Start Menu/Screen thing.

    The solution to the issue has been the same ever since W8DP; a simple "Use Start Menu" or "Use Start Screen" tick box.

    The fact that they won't do it, even though it would eliminate the majority of complaints, leads to two possible conclusions:
    • They are idiots
    • They have ulterior motives
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    24 Mar 2015 #12
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,604
    Windows 10 IoT

    If that hybrid start menu/start screen ends up being the only choice you can count me out. I do not like it at all. As far as the buggy part goes, its a preview release, an unfinished product, what part of that do you not understand? Microsoft has clearly stated that the preview releases will contain bugs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    24 Mar 2015 #13
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    If that hybrid start menu/start screen ends up being the only choice you can count me out. I do not like it at all. As far as the buggy part goes, its a preview release, an unfinished product, what part of that do you not understand? Microsoft has clearly stated that the preview releases will contain bugs.
    I understand fully, it's just that Windows 10 is the first OS I've had major problems with, and I think it's because they're trying to please too many people at once, probably because most people either didn't like or couldn't use Windows 8.
    They're trying to bring back Aero and the Start Menu and there are still people complaining they don't like the Stop button. To me it's starting to look a bit messy and it's because they're trying to please everyone, which they will never do, this is Microsoft after all, the company who hasn't done anything right since DOS according to a lot of people.
    I know they'll fix everything up they always have and it will be better than before, I have every confidence in Microsoft, I just wish they'd stop trying to please everyone.
    I can understand why Bill Gates left the company, I would have done exactly the same thing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    24 Mar 2015 #14
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,604
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I understand fully, it's just that Windows 10 is the first OS I've had major problems with, and I think it's because they're trying to please too many people at once, probably because most people either didn't like or couldn't use Windows 8.
    They're trying to bring back Aero and the Start Menu and there are still people complaining they don't like the Stop button. To me it's starting to look a bit messy and it's because they're trying to please everyone, which they will never do, this is Microsoft after all, the company who hasn't done anything right since DOS according to a lot of people.
    I know they'll fix everything up they always have and it will be better than before, I have every confidence in Microsoft, I just wish they'd stop trying to please everyone.
    I can understand why Bill Gates left the company, I would have done exactly the same thing.
    Fair enough. I see what your saying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    24 Mar 2015 #15
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Athens
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit build 14393

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    Honestly, I fail to see how refusing to give Win7 pirates free, "supported" versions of Win10 makes Windows licensing "less sensible" and "more onerous". I'm surprised that MS is willing to even consider upgrading pirate versions of Win7 at all!
    Maybe because Windows 10 would be (and should be at my opinion) an Operating System as a Service. This "offer" could end all the pirate/illegal copies of Windows at once. Microsoft could still make money from other sources with most important the Windows Store, or things like Windows Defender Pro (just an idea)...etc.
    I really hope someone can make this decission once and for all, and begins a new era for Windows, putting an end on all this rootkit,bootkit,fake server activation,fake skype phone activation..etc malicious software circulating on the Internet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 Mar 2015 #16
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Central Florida
    Posts : 346
    Win 7 Pro/32, Win 10 Pro/64/32

    rofl!

    It it weren't for pirated Windows, most of the world would be running Linux. MS's pricing structure has forced much of the third world right out of the market place and into the Pirates Den.

    And, I've been told that the pirated OS's come Pre-Activated, and work just as good as the full retail stuff.
    Or, so I've been told.

    So if MS has come up with a scheme to provide upgrades or new installs of Windows 10 for FREE, more power to them.
    Sounds like a sound marketing strategy to me!

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    25 Mar 2015 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,555
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    rofl!

    It it weren't for pirated Windows, most of the world would be running Linux. MS's pricing structure has forced much of the third world right out of the market place.
    And, I've been told that the pirated OS's come Pre-Activated, and work just as good as the full retail stuff.
    Or, so I've been told.

    So if MS has come up with a scheme to provide upgrades or new installs of Windows 10 for FREE, more power to them.
    Sounds like a sound marketing strategy to me!

    Not true, It is very hard to find a distro that works with your computer and your computers hardware. Lubuntu with Xfce was the best for my system, tell xubuntu 14.10 was released. Ubuntu, Lubuntu & Xubuntu seem to be better for my system. However, I still have some issue with Xubuntu using external hardware and some wifi connections. I tried Fedora, Open Susie, pclinuxos, slackware, puppy Linux versions and even tried to install Arch (Arch messed up a usb drive). I am glad Arch failed to install.


    I don't use pirated software.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    25 Mar 2015 #18
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,661
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by groze View Post
    Not true, It is very hard to find a distro that works with your computer and your computers hardware. Lubuntu with Xfce was the best for my system, tell xubuntu 14.10 was released. Ubuntu, Lubuntu & Xubuntu seem to be better for my system. However, I still have some issue with Xubuntu using external hardware and some wifi connections. I tried Fedora, Open Susie, pclinuxos, slackware, puppy Linux versions and even tried to install Arch (Arch messed up a usb drive). I am glad Arch failed to install.


    I don't use pirated software.
    You forgot one.... Linux Mint.

    That's all I wanna say. Sorry for bringing up Linux again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    25 Mar 2015 #19
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,555
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    You forgot one.... Linux Mint.

    That's all I wanna say. Sorry for bringing up Linux again.

    Can I PM you?
    I got a question about Linux I would like to ask you, it doesn't really fit this topic.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    25 Mar 2015 #20
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,661
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by groze View Post
    Can I PM you?
    I got a question about Linux I would like to ask you, it doesn't really fit this topic.

    Fire and away...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
What a mess upgrade to win 10 pro
I have three machines 2 with win 7 pro and one with win 8.1 pro, the 2 win pro have tried to upgrade to win 10 pro today ( I live in Europe) the HP DESKTOP HPE 1075 UK has tried to upgrade and has failed with the following error Upgrade to Windows...
Installation and Upgrade
Do I need to mess with my partitions before I upgrade to W10?
https://i.imgur.com/dr4PPFZ.png I'm running W7 and those are my current partitions, I want to use the reset option when I upgrade to get rid of everything, the only partition I really know out of those 3 is my main OS one. Do I need to delete...
General Support
User account mess up
Interesting problem yesterday. I was logged in on a local account without password. I went to the accounts settings to select the option to switch to an MS account. No such option. But there was an option to select a local account! Whaaat?? I...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums