The reason that My Store was not working was because I had the Windows Firewall turned off. I use Avast Internet Security which has a Firewall and I saw no need for two. So now when I want to use The Store, I just turn on Windows Firewall.
Other than Solitaire and Mahjong, I have no use for any of the apps in the Store.
Well, even if I should get a medal, I don't use the App Store because:
1. I get weather from my TV or my smart phone.
2. I get news from my TV and/or my radio. If I want to get news between the regular news hours, I can go to ABC, NBC, CBS.
3. The Money app is useless to me because I just don't need it.
4. I don't need a Travel App because I know the way to my sister's house and to my daughter's house.
5. I don't need a Music App because I have all that I need in that area.
I am not a power user, but I am no slouch either. BTW, they're no longer called Metro . . . it's now Modern Apps. However, that said, it's not that the Modern Apps aren't beneath me . . . I just have no reason to use them. And it seems like I'm right there with Unifex.
I got those two as well plus some sports stuff, I am done with my shopping.
I know that you can get Google apps on Amazon.com, probably because of Amazon's Kindle, which is "sort of" Android.
I just get sick of people saying they have no need for the store as if it's some kind of 3 headed monster. I have 4 TVs a highly expensive sound system a HTC M8 and yet somehow I still find these apps useful for quickly looking stuff up.
My opinion is that the Store is a great way of getting apps without having to go out and buy a programme or get ripped off going out onto the Wildworld Webb of thieves and get all kinds of nasty malware etc.