Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
  1.    09 May 2016 #281
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 9,257
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    use Edge all the time and can save and manage passwords fine with it - on this and every other forum I use.

    All I can't do is see what the passwords I made up are - just the site and user ID.
    That makes (just) two of us Still twice as much as those who have problems with it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    09 May 2016 #282
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 262
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Errrr, ummm . . . I hope you have some very good backups! Ain't no way I'd use my work PC for a beta. And make no mistake; any build above Build 10586 (November Retail Rrelease) is a beta. I still remember the Build sometime back that trashed my machine and made it totally unusable!
    Ah don't worry, I am responsible for rolling out Windows 10 in our company, and I find the best way to discover issues is to actually use it every day. It's good to see what is coming down the pipe as well, so I can prepare how to roll it out to the end users and how much and what is changing. I have a laptop that is just a regular 10 PC as well as a Windows 7 box, so I am well covered.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    09 May 2016 #283
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,861
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
    Ah don't worry, I am responsible for rolling out Windows 10 in our company, and I find the best way to discover issues is to actually use it every day. It's good to see what is coming down the pipe as well, so I can prepare how to roll it out to the end users and how much and what is changing. I have a laptop that is just a regular 10 PC as well as a Windows 7 box, so I am well covered.
    Alrighty then . . . so you're the guinea piggy . . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    09 May 2016 #284
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,441
    win 10 Insider

    Too cautious, Wyn! I have been using win 10 as my main driver since Oct 2014!

    But, of course, I have always had up-to-date image backups. Only used them once, but I think that was due to the buggy Malwarebytes anti-ransomware prog.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    09 May 2016 #285
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,861
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by linw View Post
    Too cautious, Wyn! I have been using win 10 as my main driver since Oct 2014!

    But, of course, I have always had up-to-date image backups. Only used them once, but I think that was due to the buggy Malwarebytes anti-ransomware prog.
    You got bitten by that thing too!? That kinda put me off on anything MBAM.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    09 May 2016 #286
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,861
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by linw View Post
    Too cautious, Wyn! I have been using win 10 as my main driver since Oct 2014!

    But, of course, I have always had up-to-date image backups. Only used them once, but I think that was due to the buggy Malwarebytes anti-ransomware prog.
    Me too, Lin. I also used Vista and Windows 7 as my main OS while I was testing. Even when we were testing Windows 7 "dogfood" versions.

    Say what you like, Microsoft has some fantastic coders.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    09 May 2016 #287
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,441
    win 10 Insider

    Not put off MBAM, Wyn, as Malwarebytes is still the first goto for me when I get computers in that are slow and cantankerous. Always follow with ADWCleaner, though.

    It has been fun, this journey, and gives retirees like me something to do! It also gives me the background to help others through the upgrade phase.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    09 May 2016 #288
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,861
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by linw View Post
    Not put off MBAM, Wyn, as Malwarebytes is still the first goto for me when I get computers in that are slow and cantankerous. Always follow with ADWCleaner, though.

    It has been fun, this journey, and gives retirees like me something to do! It also gives me the background to help others through the upgrade phase.
    I know, same here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    10 May 2016 #289
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 3,361
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    You seem to be completely unable to understand this!

    Please explain this to me: If OS is not an essential part of any computer, how do you run your virtualization program and a vm on your host computer if the host has no OS? Or let's make it simpler: how do you even start, boot and use your host computer without an OS?

    A virtual machine is also a computer, an emulated one. It cannot function if it does not have an operating system. Saying that OS is not an essential and integral part of a computer, physical or virtual, is plain stupid.
    First ask yourself the following two questions then maybe you will get a better idea of what I was referring to.

    1) What is the main difference between operating system and operating environment?

    2) What is the difference between firmware and an operating system?

    The answer for those two are relatively basic. For the first the OS creates the Operational Environment for things like system files, program folders, and the general workplace for settings for everything which includes those for browsers, programs, etc. as well as system configurations.

    As for the second the OS is something you can constantly see changes made in or with while everything in firmware is "Hard Coded"! That's an entirely different world there. But that grows as well where hard coded processes have taken the place of those previously only OS related where you have the OS embedded making the line drawn between the two hardeer to define.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    10 May 2016 #290
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 13,098
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
    First ask yourself the following two questions then maybe you will get a better idea of what I was referring to.

    1) What is the main difference between operating system and operating environment?

    2) What is the difference between firmware and an operating system?

    The answer for those two are relatively basic. For the first the OS creates the Operational Environment for things like system files, program folders, and the general workplace for settings for everything which includes those for browsers, programs, etc. as well as system configurations.

    As for the second the OS is something you can constantly see changes made in or with while everything in firmware is "Hard Coded"! That's an entirely different world there. But that grows as well where hard coded processes have taken the place of those previously only OS related where you have the OS embedded making the line drawn between the two hardeer to define.
    That does not change the facts a bit: a computer cannot operate without an operating system, therefore the OS is an integral and essential part of any computer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322
Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322 720689247095664642 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10549
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10549 | Windows Experience Blog 654350760126230528
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10149
Source
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136 How to Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview for Phones from Windows Phone 8.1 How to Use Windows Phone Recovery Tool to Roll Back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums