Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
  1.    07 May 2016 #251
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 262
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Welcome to TenForums, OilerNut.

    You may be somewhat correct; however, we've had ISOs regularly released, especially prior to the release of Build 10240. I'm not completely sure, but I seem to remember that we've had ISOs released while the "slow build" was never released. Ya gotta remember this is Microsoft, and they don't do anything to our schedule. There have been builds where no ISOs were released, that's for sure!

    As a WAG, my thinking is that since we're heading into the "Anniversary Release", this ISO release could possibly be so that all Insiders will have a chance at discovering new bugs. After all, there are quite a few who, for one reason or another, haven't even gotten Build 14332.

    Or, the ISO could be to include even more potential Insiders.
    Thanks! Yeah it would definitely allow more people to get on to the latest build, which I wonder if it's feature complete as I figure they probably want to get redstone out before fall. One thing is funny, I have really had no major issues with the fast builds until 14332, it won't install on my work PC, it gives a BSOD and rolls back to 14328.

    Now only if they released builds for Server just as frequently (I say this knowing Tech Preview 5 was just released)!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 May 2016 #252
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,161
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17046/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    The latest update to Start 10 (just came out) allows the new Start Menu if you choose Wiindows 10 from style. I knew Stardock would do it - I've bought stuff from them since they started eons ago with improving the appearance of OS/2
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    08 May 2016 #253
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 3,361
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc

    Quote Originally Posted by martyfelker View Post
    The latest update to Start 10 (just came out) allows the new Start Menu if you choose Wiindows 10 from style. I knew Stardock would do it - I've bought stuff from them since they started eons ago with improving the appearance of OS/2
    The only thing new since first seeing Start10 last year was them removing the Trekker Start button from their collection. Fortunately I backed up the original from the main build's folder to the second desktop where it was found missing when buying it again. None of the updates going on show anything different as far as the three choices of menus to pick from.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	START10 Options with Trekker Start button.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	78696

    I simply choose the 10 style menu without the Metro Tile Bloatation added into the mix since those are relatively useless on a desktop and intended mainly for touchscreen based portables. Then you add in the other purchase online extras to that as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    08 May 2016 #254
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,837
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
    Thanks! Yeah it would definitely allow more people to get on to the latest build, which I wonder if it's feature complete as I figure they probably want to get redstone out before fall.
    Nah, not feature complete at all. Just try using Edge as completely as you would your favorite browser. I try to use it with each new build, but so far, it's a no go for me. There are other things Microsoft has promised that aren't there yet; however, I'd say it's "feature complete" enough that it can be used as a main OS; read on . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
    One thing is funny, I have really had no major issues with the fast builds until 14332, it won't install on my work PC, it gives a BSOD and rolls back to 14328.
    Errrr, ummm . . . I hope you have some very good backups! Ain't no way I'd use my work PC for a beta. And make no mistake; any build above Build 10586 (November Retail Rrelease) is a beta. I still remember the Build sometime back that trashed my machine and made it totally unusable!

    I have seen folks with your same problem. Have you tried ESD to ISO for a clean install? Before I did that, though, I'd be caught turning my "work machine" into a Dual Boot System. I'd have a very good backup with this before starting.

    Of course I don't know how savy you are, nor do I know how far you've explored TenForums, but just in case, it's a great place to get instructions for just about anything you want to do:

    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums

    USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    Windows 10 - Dual Boot with Windows 7 or Windows 8 - Windows 10 Forums

    Quote Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
    Now only if they released builds for Server just as frequently (I say this knowing Tech Preview 5 was just released)!
    I got an invite to the Server, but for the moment, the only machine that might work as a server is sitting in the closet with no monitor (which would be fine after the software's installed) and no keyboard or mouse.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    08 May 2016 #255
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,876
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
    One thing is funny, I have really had no major issues with the fast builds until 14332, it won't install on my work PC, it gives a BSOD and rolls back to 14328.
    In case you do not know.....................
    14332 ISO available to download :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...reviewadvanced
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    08 May 2016 #256
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,837
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    In case you do not know.....................
    14332 ISO available to download :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...reviewadvanced
    Whoops! I forgot that!

    Thanks, Davie!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    08 May 2016 #257
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,876
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    The odd thing about the Insider Preview ISO download link is ...............Build 14328 is conspicuously absent.
    Only 14295 and 14332 are made available.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    08 May 2016 #258
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,837
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    The odd thing about the Insider Preview ISO download link is ...............Build 14328 is conspicuously absent.
    Only 14295 and 14332 are made available.
    WAG! Maybe Build 14328 is what has kept some from updating to 14332? And Microsoft knows it so they "took it off the market"???

    Yeh, I get these "brilliant deductions" every so often . . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    08 May 2016 #259
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,161
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17046/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    I'm really only interested in when the will realease the next Insider Build. The buildfeed.net Private Leak page shows 14342 as of May 6. Since I have found that the ESDtoISO program (wonderful) works on my VMware Windows 10 VM to create an ISO from the buld sources and I backup all my data and programs I just do a fresh install on my physical machine from the ISO created on the VM. If I the fresh build is uninstallable (has never happened to me) then I can restore the previous build from an image backup (I recommend AOEMI Backupper). If I'm working in openSUSE (dual boot) I can do the same testing with VM since fortanely openSUSE Leap is still using kernel 4.1 and gcc compiler 4.8 so the VMware WS 12 can be installed.

    Anyway I suppose I won't say much more about Linux - unless its about the new Ubuntu environment (can't find much about it here - anybody have links to a thread?). Supposedly the networking is supposed to work without hacking the resolv.conf file so I can update that system (it is Ubuntu 14.04 as far as I can tell). It worked one time when I first installed 14332 but know I get the icmp error.

    Let me be frank here. I like beta testing Windows 10 - however IMHO its a toy OS compared to many flavors of Linux -especially because of virtualization products. I'm am not a very active gamer however. Hopefully I won't be barred from the forum for this heresy.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    08 May 2016 #260
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by martyfelker View Post
    I'm really only interested in when the will realease the next Insider Build. The buildfeed.net Private Leak page shows 14342 as of May 6. Since I have found that the ESDtoISO program (wonderful) works on my VMware Windows 10 VM to create an ISO from the buld sources and I backup all my data and programs I just do a fresh install on my physical machine from the ISO created on the VM. If I the fresh build is uninstallable (has never happened to me) then I can restore the previous build from an image backup (I recommend AOEMI Backupper). If I'm working in openSUSE (dual boot) I can do the same testing with VM since fortanely openSUSE Leap is still using kernel 4.1 and gcc compiler 4.8 so the VMware WS 12 can be installed.

    Anyway I suppose I won't say much more about Linux - unless its about the new Ubuntu environment (can't find much about it here - anybody have links to a thread?). Supposedly the networking is supposed to work without hacking the resolv.conf file so I can update that system (it is Ubuntu 14.04 as far as I can tell). It worked one time when I first installed 14332 but know I get the icmp error.

    Let me be frank here. I like beta testing Windows 10 - however IMHO its a toy OS compared to many flavors of Linux -especially because of virtualization products. I'm am not a very active gamer however. Hopefully I won't be barred from the forum for this heresy.
    Sorry but this is a Windows forum and not a Linux one. And with that last highlighted comment I will take anything you post here from now on a lot less serious. A toy OS??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322
Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322 720689247095664642 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10549
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10549 | Windows Experience Blog 654350760126230528
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10149
Source
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136 How to Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview for Phones from Windows Phone 8.1 How to Use Windows Phone Recovery Tool to Roll Back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:35.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums