Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1.    20 Mar 2015 #31
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 69
    Windows 10 10586 PRO RTM

    My issues with Build 10041:

    One of my games had a CRC error. Never bothered to look for solutions online. Twas an old game anyway.
    File explorer window does not memorize its position on the screen. Each time I close and open it it's in another position. Anyone experiencing this? Any solution?

    I tried to install Classic Shell v4.04 but it shows incompatibility issues. Anyone else?


    TIA
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    20 Mar 2015 #32
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 59
    Win10

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    I'm seriously considering ISO clean install. This one via "update" is getting weirdly buggy! Like an in-place-upgrade, if you have any critters in the closet, they may decide to tag along! I made ISO from ESD, so I may just do that. If it crashes, the real ISO will be out in a week or so. Thanks for the reply.
    I don't have any "critters in the closet", so updating my Win8.1 through the various 10 updates has worked perfectly. 9926 was relatively bug-free IME, but 10041 has already shown some.

    I always used to clean-install, and spend a week reinstalling all my stuff, but now that MS seems to have refined the 'update' process, I'll be glad to see the back of clean-installs.

    Bob F.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    20 Mar 2015 #33
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 27,836
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by cheezz View Post
    My issues with Build 10041:

    One of my games had a CRC error. Never bothered to look for solutions online. Twas an old game anyway.
    File explorer window does not memorize its position on the screen. Each time I close and open it it's in another position. Anyone experiencing this? Any solution?

    I tried to install Classic Shell v4.04 but it shows incompatibility issues. Anyone else?


    TIA
    You need 4.20. here: Classic Shell View topic - Classic Shell 4.2.0 beta with Windows 10 support Cheers!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    20 Mar 2015 #34

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    I'm seriously considering ISO clean install. This one via "update" is getting weirdly buggy! Like an in-place-upgrade, if you have any critters in the closet, they may decide to tag along! I made ISO from ESD, so I may just do that. If it crashes, the real ISO will be out in a week or so. Thanks for the reply.
    Recommended!
    I did both the update and a clean install. No doubt at all, reading the posts, that the clean install is the way to go. It leaves all the inherited garbage behind.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    20 Mar 2015 #35

    Quote Originally Posted by davehc View Post
    Recommended!
    I did both the update and a clean install. No doubt at all, reading the posts, that the clean install is the way to go. It leaves all the inherited garbage behind.

    Hi there

    Update gave me hideous bugs -- made ISO and installed CLEAN -- I wiped the C partition clean first so there was nothing left of a previous windows installation -- so I know it's a 100% clean install.

    The ISO can be copied to a BOOTABLE USB drive via RUFUS v2.0 (free) if you don't want to burn a physical disc or don't have any drives. I installed from a bootable USB myself -- no probs whatsoever.

    Worked much better - although like all these releases some things are still broken -- that's normal.

    Note SOUND also seems to have an issue in a lot of cases. Reverting back the driver (via ROLL back driver in the device manager) to the Ms HD audio rather than a specific OEM one that windows might find often fixes this too. Do the roll back AFTER you've re-booted the windows system -i.e after windows has found an OEM driver and installed it.

    The Sound issue also appeared during the lifetime of build 9926 after the last set of updates.

    Cheers

    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    20 Mar 2015 #36
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,160
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Just installed now over 9926, had a bit of fight to install Realtek audio drivers. Now first bug I found, it doesn't show Hidden icons from Taskbar. Drivers for GPU are replaced by ones from MS but successfully installed AMD 14.12 drivers over it. Also (again) wrong drivers for TV card, got to replace those ones again. Otherwise as far as I can tell, all other settings stayed as they were.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    20 Mar 2015 #37

    Hi there

    My VIA audio drivers broke the audio -- strange thing was Windows sounds worked but no applications would play any sounds !! -- even though the graphic equalisers were showing sound working !!!!. (Same problem on build 9926). Using an ASUS Mobo for the builds.

    Reverting to the Ms default HD audio fixed my problem.

    Hidden Icons on taskbar is a known bug -- a get around is to set system icons to ALWAYS display on the taskbar. I need some of these - for example my audio and video servers and of course the icon to safely eject external devices. You can BREAK file systems if you just unplug a USB drive without quiescing it first via Remove hardware.


    Cheers

    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    20 Mar 2015 #38
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,160
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Still not showing anything but MS programs, no CCC, no Realtek, nothing that's not MS.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    20 Mar 2015 #39

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Still not showing anything but MS programs, no CCC, no Realtek, nothing that's not MS.
    Hi there

    Sorry then - can't help any more !!!!. It definitely seems Audio is broken for a lot of people on the latest two builds.


    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    20 Mar 2015 #40
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 27,836
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Just installed now over 9926, had a bit of fight to install Realtek audio drivers. Now first bug I found, it doesn't show Hidden icons from Taskbar. Drivers for GPU are replaced by ones from MS but successfully installed AMD 14.12 drivers over it. Also (again) wrong drivers for TV card, got to replace those ones again. Otherwise as far as I can tell, all other settings stayed as they were.
    Mike, did you get this update? I did early this a.m
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-03-20_07h59_57.png  
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Can't search! Windows 10 build 10041
Hello, I have got a small question; I have got a minor issue I open the start menu...the search bar is missing, and so therefore I cannot search for anything. I have tried restarting my PC and that didn't work, and the Cortana search bar on the...
Windows Insider
Updates issues Windows 10 build 10074
Good day! Hope I can find some answers regarding the issues I'm facing while attempting to update from Windows built 10074. Issues: 1-When pressing Windows button, nothing happens, can't open menu bar. Need always to press right click to...
Installation and Upgrade
UPDATE: Audio issues in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041
Source
Drivers and Hardware
Chrome issues with 10041
I just updated to 10041 and now my Chrome barely functions. A lot of web sites freeze up and Chrome asks me if I want to wait or kill the page. It never did that before 10041. Should I re install Chrome or what should I do? thanks
Software and Apps
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available
Source: Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available Windows 10 build 10041 ISO files available for download. https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-technical-preview.html
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums