Security Alert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    16 Apr 2016 #10

    I have a CD/Jewel Case label program that uses QT and thus still have it installed. I rely on that program for audio CD production in my recording studio. It will be a major hit to quit using that program, all my CD labels (ink jet printable CD labels) and Jewel Case inserts are in that program's format. Hopefully the program vendor will upgrade it to not require QT.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    16 Apr 2016 #11

    Thank you for the warning.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    17 Apr 2016 #12

    Good to know!
    Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. rvbfan's Avatar
    Posts : 8,895
    Windows 10 Home x64 Windows 10 Prox64
       17 Apr 2016 #13

    fireberd said: View Post
    I have a CD/Jewel Case label program that uses QT and thus still have it installed. I rely on that program for audio CD production in my recording studio. It will be a major hit to quit using that program, all my CD labels (ink jet printable CD labels) and Jewel Case inserts are in that program's format. Hopefully the program vendor will upgrade it to not require QT.
    Or you may be able to disconnect from the internet while using the program till then.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,555
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       17 Apr 2016 #14

    It is still weird you can install Quicktime for windows. Does any website still use quicktime? I got Quicktime installed on both 7 & 10 but never came across a site that uses it. Even, itunes no longer requires quicktime at least on windows from reading the apple forum.

    fireberd,

    Instead of uninstalling quicktime, you could disable the plug-in the browser you use. Just don't open up the quicktime program unless you are offline.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    17 Apr 2016 #15

    If I remember right, some old games use Quick Time. There is likely lots of old software that used it. That may be how some of you ended up with it on your system?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    17 Apr 2016 #16

    fireberd said: View Post
    I have a CD/Jewel Case label program that uses QT and thus still have it installed. I rely on that program for audio CD production in my recording studio. It will be a major hit to quit using that program, all my CD labels (ink jet printable CD labels) and Jewel Case inserts are in that program's format. Hopefully the program vendor will upgrade it to not require QT.
    Can you disconnect this PC from the internet?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    17 Apr 2016 #17

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    If I remember right, some old games use Quick Time. There is likely lots of old software that used it. That may be how some of you ended up with it on your system?
    Older iTunes software use to require it I believe.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 2,847
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
    Thread Starter
       17 Apr 2016 #18

    Krita......a free digital painting and image graphics editor uses it....considered to be among the best apps of its kind.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Malware Alert in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
There is a file called ShowKeyPlus v105835 Portable.7z doing the rounds. It appears to contain a downloader, possibly to steal keys. (Was just a matter of time, I suppose :( ) 55859
Security Alert - Office File Validation in Performance & Maintenance
I have several, rather large, Excel files. When I open one I get a window that says ..."Security Alert - Office File Validation"... . I did a Google search on it and get a lot of TechNo Babble that I don't understand. How can I get rid of...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45.
Find Us