Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
  1.    21 Mar 2015 #211
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,885
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I meant this one:

    When you do a clean install of Build 10041, you get this selection:If you select company, you get the option to sign in with Office 365 for Business:But when you give your OfB credentials and click Sign in, you only get this:Clicking Sign in the above page does nothing, absolutely nothing. The only option to get further from here os to click Cancel to go back and either use a normal MS Account or a local account.

    The option to use an OfB account exists but it does not work.
    Wow! I am floored! I cannot wrap my head around this one! Thank goodness my credentials are the same for both O365 and Windows!

    So, that gets me thinking . . . what happens if I should tell it the computer is a company one and follow through as if it were, but since my credentials are the same for both, would I get your error!

    Not a logical thought, but sort of out of the box . . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    21 Mar 2015 #212
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,472
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    @Edwin

    Interesting. 'EnableStartMenu' is the DWORD to toggle between the old Start menu (1) and Start screen (0).

    Start Menu or Start Screen - Select in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    I'm not noticing any difference, even after restarting explorer. Could you post an example?
    I'll try to pack as many examples per screenshot as possible.
    Basically it changes all accent colors to a charcoal grey, except window headers; login screen/welcome screen turns black.
    (Taskbar turns grey too but I've got 'TaskbarColorOverride' engaged)

    Toggled to 1:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000028.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	626.1 KB 
ID:	14968

    Toggled to 0:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000037.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	623.5 KB 
ID:	14969
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    21 Mar 2015 #213
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,472
    Windows 10 Professional

    @ Kari :
    Can you change anything here:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000038.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	14970

    or:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000039.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	14971
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    21 Mar 2015 #214
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 13,109
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Wow! I am floored! I cannot wrap my head around this one! Thank goodness my credentials are the same for both O365 and Windows!

    So, that gets me thinking . . . what happens if I should tell it the computer is a company one and follow through as if it were, but since my credentials are the same for both, would I get your error!

    Not a logical thought, but sort of out of the box . . .
    An Office 365 Home or Personal account is and remains as an MS Account. If you are using Office 365 Home, the email can therefore be used as Windows sign in account since Windows 8 without any additional steps.

    If you have an Office 365 for Business or Enterprise account (name@company_or_school_or_organization.com) and you would like to use it as a sign in account in Windows, until now you have had to create a new MS Account using that email. In this case, until now, you have then been presented this selection when trying to log in to Microsoft services because the sign in process to Microsoft services finds two providers (domains) for the same email address:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-03-21_15h37_39.png 
Views:	255 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	14973

    If you want to check your emails and use the other OfB or OfE services (company / school / organization Sharepoint, intranet etc.), you select Work or School account, if you want to sign in to services using the MS Account you select it in which case your company / organization services are not available and you cannot get your email.

    Now the Build 10041 brought this option to use the OfB or OfE account as a Windows sign in account, there's no need to create an MS Account using that email anymore. However, whatever I try, I am not able to sign in to Windows using this option.

    The feature is very clearly there, it's just that it is not working .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    21 Mar 2015 #215
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,885
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    An Office 365 Home or Personal account is and remains as an MS Account. If you are using Office 365 Home, the email can therefore be used as Windows sign in account since Windows 8 without any additional steps.

    If you have an Office 365 for Business or Enterprise account (name@company_or_school_or_organization.com) and you would like to use it as a sign in account in Windows, until now you have had to create a new MS Account using that email. In this case, until now, you have then been presented this selection when trying to log in to Microsoft services because the sign in process to Microsoft services finds two providers (domains) for the same email address:



    Now the Build 10041 brought this option to use the OfB or OfE account as a Windows sign in account, there's no need to create an MS Account using that email anymore. However, whatever I try, I am not able to sign in to Windows using this option.

    The feature is very clearly there, it's just that it is not working .


    Oh, I see. This particular feature is for business rather than for the consumer. Which is probably why I've never even thought of it. Obviously, it's more convenient for the business arena to have this feature.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    21 Mar 2015 #216
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,723
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I'll try to pack as many examples per screenshot as possible.
    Basically it changes all accent colors to a charcoal grey, except window headers; login screen/welcome screen turns black.
    (Taskbar turns grey too but I've got 'TaskbarColorOverride' engaged)

    Toggled to 1:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000028.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	626.1 KB 
ID:	14968

    Toggled to 0:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000037.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	623.5 KB 
ID:	14969
    Thank you Edwin, but it doesn't change anything for me. You may have some other registry key set as well??
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    21 Mar 2015 #217
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 111
    Win 10 Preview

    Today i change the update settings from Slow to speed and i was given the chance to upgrade from 9926 build to 10041,i upgraded on my HP DV-5,and DV6 and everything was a success, i do not notice any bugs so far,but then again i mostly browse and do live streaming,it seems my Laptop HP machines have been receiving all builds very well,maybe there any bugs but i can't find them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    21 Mar 2015 #218
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,472
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Thank you Edwin, but it doesn't change anything for me. You may have some other registry key set as well??
    After all that, I think it was just a fluke! Once I played with Personalization/Color for the first time since installation, it doesn't do it anymore.
    Sorry bout that!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    21 Mar 2015 #219
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,885
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    After all that, I think it was just a fluke! Once I played with Personalization/Color for the first time since installation, it doesn't do it anymore.
    Sorry bout that!
    It was fun while it lasted.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    21 Mar 2015 #220
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,723
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    After all that, I think it was just a fluke! Once I played with Personalization/Color for the first time since installation, it doesn't do it anymore.
    Sorry bout that!
    Oh well. It was fun playing with.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
UPDATE: Audio issues in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041
Source
Drivers and Hardware
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available
Source: Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available How to Update to Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones from Windows Phone 8.1
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available
Source: Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Windows 10 News
No Audio on Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041
I updated my laptop this morning and my sound doesn't work anymore. My Realtek Audio Driver is updated, i think the OS is the problem. How to fix this? ASUS X551CA Laptop Intel Celeron 2GB RAM P.S. UPDATE Audio issues in Windows 10...
Drivers and Hardware
Windows technical preview build numbers & everything else
Read more...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:53.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums