Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jan 2015
    SoCal, USA
    Posts : 463
    Windows 10 Home and Pro
       15 Apr 2016 #21

    I purchased my smartphone because it quite consolidated my life.. Don't need to carry paper to write on,I use word. Don't need a large calendar I use the one on my phone. And the best part is it syncs with all my computers, even at work. Remind for appointments, alarm clock, and the list goes on. All right here. If people are walking distracted into traffic, that is their own issue. But eating from to go container would have the same result. It is up to the person to watch where they're going. I myself purchased the mid range model because of the expense
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,479
    Windows 10 Pro
       15 Apr 2016 #22

    aelaan said: View Post
    Phone: A device to CALL someone and receive CALLs on. Smartphone - some high powered piece of intolerable fragile technology owned by "technolustians" and "techhornies" convincing others they must spend upwards of 1000 dollars to exactly do what everyone else does: getting neck cramps, sloughing, walking into each other, or just oddly enough walk into traffic and get run over by a distracted driver who also was texting.... ironic world isn't it?
    It would be even more ironic if they walked into the path of the person they were texting.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,479
    Windows 10 Pro
       15 Apr 2016 #23

    DustSailor said: View Post
    I purchased my smartphone because it quite consolidated my life.. Don't need to carry paper to write on,I use word. Don't need a large calendar I use the one on my phone. And the best part is it syncs with all my computers, even at work. Remind for appointments, alarm clock, and the list goes on. All right here. If people are walking distracted into traffic, that is their own issue. But eating from to go container would have the same result. It is up to the person to watch where they're going. I myself purchased the mid range model because of the expense
    I'm very pleased with my Lumia 640XL. I originally bought it to test Windows 10 Mobile. After upgrading it from Windows 8 I was hooked on it. I will only go back to Android if I have no choice when I replace my 640XL. My old Galaxy III is a nice phone(I still have it) but I prefer my 640XL.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 3,314
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
       15 Apr 2016 #24

    Winuser said: View Post
    It would be even more ironic if they walked into the path of the person they were texting.
    Couldn't have put it better myself! Stopped at a traffic light and fortunately in a full size 4x4 pickup truck at the time when some kid comes flying around the corner too busy yapping on the cell to watch how close she was! Could have been DOA on the spot if hit head on! The late teen early 20s driver was in a small compact that would have crushed up like a sardine can!

    I see this too often with people too busy with hand helds to watch just where they are driving. Then you see jay walkers straying out at night wearing dark clothes you almost side swipe instead of walking on the regular sidewalks and crossing at intersections. Want to be hits!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,479
    Windows 10 Pro
       16 Apr 2016 #25

    Night Hawk said: View Post
    Then you see jay walkers straying out at night wearing dark clothes you almost side swipe instead of walking on the regular sidewalks and crossing at intersections. Want to be hits!
    I will never understand why people do that. Another one I don't understand is people riding bicycles on the wrong side of the road.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    16 Apr 2016 #26

    Winuser said: View Post
    I will never understand why people do that. Another one I don't understand is people riding bicycles on the wrong side of the road.
    Hi there

    Actually not so silly -- especially with Walking too -- although having spent some time in Los Angeles in the past I don't suppose people there have even HEARD of an activity known as "walking" -- it's safer to FACE the oncoming traffic.

    Obviously doesn't apply to Freeways etc but on a large number of Rural roads this is probably the safest option where dedicated cycle ways and footpaths don't exist.

    What should be banned are those idiots using Mobile phones whether driving or cycling and those pedestrians who don't even look away from their phones when crossing a busy street.

    Ah well I suppose NYC wouldn't notice if its population were decreased by a few !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 3,314
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
       16 Apr 2016 #27

    Well the problem is I see ignorant types not paying attention to anything at times either walking right out in front of you or running out suddenly from the far side of a parked vehicle as well as stragglers too busy on their phones to pay attention. And that is on the quieter streets where you do have a regular sidewalk on both sides and they still are out in the street!

    You don't have to be in a major metropolitan to see idiocy at the peak at times. Even in the winter a couple of years back I came right up close to sideswiping one jaywalker when the clothing blended in with the snow covered ground and in gap between the intersection that was well lit and the dark S turn on the upclimb of a small. That will give you a good start at times! But if they get hit guess who's fault it will be seen as?! You got that figured out! And that was someone without a phone simply walking in the wrong place! Just imagine someone who was yapping on a cell!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 2,923
    Windows 10 Pro
       16 Apr 2016 #28

    Winuser said: View Post
    I will never understand why people do that. Another one I don't understand is people riding bicycles on the wrong side of the road.
    So you can see the traffic that is passing you. If you ride your bike on the "correct" side, you don't know about vehicles until they are right on top of you. What's more, there are always jerks that want to throw stuff at you while they drive past, and if you are going against the traffic, you can see them trying to do that and avoid it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,479
    Windows 10 Pro
       16 Apr 2016 #29

    Mystere said: View Post
    So you can see the traffic that is passing you. If you ride your bike on the "correct" side, you don't know about vehicles until they are right on top of you. What's more, there are always jerks that want to throw stuff at you while they drive past, and if you are going against the traffic, you can see them trying to do that and avoid it.
    Where I live it is against the law to ride your bike on the wrong side of the road. Bikes are supposed to follow most of the rules as motor vehicles. I would like to know how safe it is when a bicycle runs into the side of a car at a intersection because the cyclist was going against traffic and the driver didn't see them.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.   My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 10
How to Switch to a Microsoft Account from a Local Account in Windows 10 You can sign in to Windows 10 with a local account or a Microsoft account (MSA). However, you can easily switch between using a local account or a Microsoft account to sign...
Tutorials
Microsoft: Windows Phone isn't our focus this year
Microsoft: Windows Phone isn't our focus this year, Prepares Cool Things for 2017 Read more: http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/30/11333378/microsoft-windows-phone-windows-mobile-plans
Windows 10 News
Mobile Microsoft may have the most secure smartphone OS in Windows Phone
Read more: Microsoft may have the most secure smartphone OS in Windows Phone See also: Under Attack: An interview with a hacker | What Mobile
Windows 10 News
Mobile Microsoft answers the question, 'Why Windows Phone?'
Read more: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-answers-the-question-why-windows-phone
Windows 10 News
Mobile Why Microsoft wants hamburger menus in Windows 10 for phone
Read more: Here is why Microsoft wants hamburger menus in Windows 10 for phone | Windows Central
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums