Windows 10: Microsoft internally considering improved Windows Store design


  1. Posts : 1,563
    Windows 10 Pro x64 RS 10586.586
       09 Apr 2016 #1

    Microsoft internally considering improved Windows Store design


    Microsoft internally considering improved Windows Store design

    Microsoft is internally working on an improved design for the Windows Store. With the Anniversary Update, the company will be tweak the layout of some parts of the Store, and they will also overhaul the app listings in the Store. As you can see in the screenshot above, Microsoft will allow developers to put a background image on their app listing rather than showing a solid color — similar to the Google Play Store. Additionally, the company will also redesign the Apps and Games section of the Store, putting more focus on featured apps and allowing users to discover new apps conveniently.

    Here are some screenshots of the improved Windows Store design:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t-1634028.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	259.2 KB 
ID:	73947Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t-1603847.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	73948
    Read more: http://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-int...-store-design/
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    09 Apr 2016 #1

    I hope they do .. the store can be a bit of a mess at times.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 20,249
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       09 Apr 2016 #2

    If they REALLY want to improve the Store, they should add the ability to delete unwanted user installed / OEM preinstalled apps from the user's "My Library".
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,204
    10.5 Home 1803 x64
       09 Apr 2016 #3

    The ability, to actually normally sign in, would be nice too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    09 Apr 2016 #4

    Cliff S said: View Post
    If they REALLY want to improve the Store, they should add the ability to delete unwanted user installed / OEM preinstalled apps from the user's "My Library".

    Please, please, fix it Microsoft. My "My Library" is littered with Apps I never ever used and immediately uninstalled from my laptop after logging in for the first time. Plus a few I tried but didn't like. I can see locking Apps you paid for, but if its a trial or free App let me nuke it and be rid of it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 20,249
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       09 Apr 2016 #5

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Please, please, fix it Microsoft. My "My Library" is littered with Apps I never ever used and immediately uninstalled from my laptop after logging in for the first time. Plus a few I tried but didn't like. I can see locking Apps you paid for, but if its a trial or free App let me nuke it and be rid of it.
    alpha,
    one of the great things with Win10 will be, when buying a new PC, get the most current ISO image and install that, the BIOS key should take care of the OEM license, or will it? I'm just thinking of a way to get a legally activated OEM Windows without the "extras" at first time install.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    09 Apr 2016 #6

    Cliff S said: View Post
    alpha,
    one of the great things with Win10 will be, when buying a new PC, get the most current ISO image and install that, the BIOS key should take care of the OEM license, or will it? I'm just thinking of a way to get a legally activated OEM Windows without the "extras" at first time install.
    Another way "might" be to log in with a local account, network unplugged, uninstall all the junk, then switch to your Microsoft ID. I won't make the same mistake twice, now that I know what can happen.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    09 Apr 2016 #7

    Cliff S said: View Post
    If they REALLY want to improve the Store, they should add the ability to delete unwanted user installed / OEM preinstalled apps from the user's "My Library".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    09 Apr 2016 #8

    I would also like to see them increase the amount of devices you can install on. Just because this is Windows 10 is no excuse to have a 10 device limit.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    Read more: http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-testing-windows-10-phone-build-10080-could-launch-publicly-week
    Source: Microsoft mainstreams business intelligence with new and improved Power BI Preview - The Official Microsoft Blog
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09.
    Find Us