Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 Insider

Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
  1. Fafhrd's Avatar
    Posts : 1,928
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       20 Apr 2016 #660

    Now tried 3 ways, most recently using BunnyJ's file link no error - without unblocking or running as admin installs exactly like the FoxitReader.exe 1,020KB stub (after unblocking and running as admin) that gave me and Winona exactly the same Smartscreen error (with the Smartscreen dialog strangely truncated, and incomplete).

    and with the Ninite stub that does the install with nil interaction, either for unwanted Phantom offers or for possibly wanted plug-in choices, with absolutely no error.

    All three look the same, open pdfs, and within a few seconds, Foxit reader crashes.

    With the 1,020 KB stub, the crash handler cannot phone home properly, and produces multiple crash windows having collected some data, an UAC window wants permission for Foxit to open regedit to copy some data to the crash report, and eventually all the crash handler windows need to be forcibly shut with Task manager.

    I posted #640 with the same smartscreen error:

    Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 - Page 64 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,714
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       20 Apr 2016 #661

    Wynona said: View Post
    I'm sorry, Jeff, but I don't download from any but the official software sites. You may be familiar with that site, but I'm not and I don't feel safe downloading from there. I made an exception once before and was bitten pretty badly. I appreciate the help, but . . . I don't really want Foxit Reader; I was only trying out of an interest in verifying Fafhrd's problem with it.

    The final fact is that there's something wrong with Build 14316 and/or the latest version of Foxit Reader. Since we're probably within a couple of days of getting a new build, I think I'll wait. I don't want to do a clean install if things go south within days of a new build.
    I downloaded directly from foxit site an get this file:

    It has installed without SmartScreen error this time. What is strange to me is, that a week before the same SmartScreen (not complete obviously) screen displayed, which prevented me to do any action but cancel. Not this time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016_04_20_17_08_521.png  
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,510
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       20 Apr 2016 #662

    Fafhrd said: View Post
    Now tried 3 ways, most recently using BunnyJ's file link no error - without unblocking or running as admin installs exactly like the FoxitReader.exe 1,020KB stub (after unblocking and running as admin) that gave me and Winona exactly the same Smartscreen error (with the Smartscreen dialog strangely truncated, and incomplete).
    Oops, I missed your Smartscreen error; yep, as you can see from my posts, I got the same truncated and incomplete error as you. I tried everything I could to get other options and everything was frozen; however, when I clicked on the truncated "Don't Install", everything went back to normal.

    The more I think on it, the more I am convinced that the error could be the fault of either/or.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    20 Apr 2016 #663

    If you used this link http://www.download3k.com/Install-Foxit-Reader.html
    You get the 42k download and the instillation workss. It's an older version and I just used it and I had no error messages.

    The error is with the download file not the build.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,510
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       20 Apr 2016 #664

    AndreTen said: View Post
    I downloaded directly from foxit site an get this file:

    It has installed without SmartScreen error this time. What is strange to me is, that a week before the same SmartScreen (not complete obviously) screen displayed, which prevented me to do any action bat cancel. Not this time.
    That is strange, Andre! You must be cheating! Seriously, it is very strange that you should be able to install.

    Have you tried the things mentioned by Fafhrd that have so far caused Foxit to crash? I'd be interested to know what happens next for you particularly, since you were able to install without issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,029
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 17713
       20 Apr 2016 #665

    I've posted a thread in Virtualisation. Would someone here look at it. please?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,714
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       20 Apr 2016 #666

    Wynona said: View Post
    That is strange, Andre! You must be cheating! Seriously, it is very strange that you should be able to install.

    Have you tried the things mentioned by Fafhrd that have so far caused Foxit to crash? I'd be interested to know what happens next for you particularly, since you were able to install without issue.
    Lets take it slowly. Is this the site we all downloaded foxit?
    I get 42 MB file like above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016_04_20_17_19_491.png  
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,510
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       20 Apr 2016 #667

    fjk61011 said: View Post
    I've posted a thread in Virtualisation. Would someone here look at it. please?
    Got a link, fjk? I'll go try to find it, but . . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,510
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       20 Apr 2016 #668

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Lets take it slowly. Is this the site we all downloaded foxit?
    I get 42 MB file like above.
    Absotively and posolutely, Andre! Exactly, in other words!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,714
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       20 Apr 2016 #669

    Wynona said: View Post
    Absotively and posolutely, Andre! Exactly, in other words!
    Where did you select custom install? Just the installation path?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Related Threads
695034380524216320 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 | Windows Experience Blog
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/39650-announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14257-a.html ;)
677187866225692672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 | Windows Experience Blog See also: Release version 11082 : Microsoft Edge Dev
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52.
Find Us