Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 Insider

Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 12,536
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       19 Apr 2016 #620

    Wynona said: View Post
    Oh, what the heck . . . just another bug, dontcha know . . .

    This is serious bug! The bug doesn't appears anymore!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,808
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64
       19 Apr 2016 #621

    Gabe has been awfully quiet today. I don't see the usual "No news on builds to share today" tweet. Hmm...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,927
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       19 Apr 2016 #622

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Just try to install a program, that is not signed in a way, that MS prefer :)
    Foxit Reader, for instance - first you have to unblock the downloaded installer, then install as Admin, then wait for Foxit to send crash data home, fail, rinse, repeat... ...uninstall
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 33,171
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       19 Apr 2016 #623

    Fafhrd said: View Post
    Foxit Reader, for instance - first you have to unblock the downloaded installer, then install as Admin, then wait for Foxit to send crash data home, fail, rinse, repeat... ...uninstall
    Try installing Foxit Reader using the Ninite stub. Smooth as silk!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 12,536
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       19 Apr 2016 #624

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Try installing Foxit Reader using the Ninite stub. Smooth as silk!
    But first you have to install Ninite, don't you?

    Edit: you don't. Installed great :)
    Edit2: didn't install, since my version is newer (on this setup everything is beta :))
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    19 Apr 2016 #625

    blackroseMD1 said: View Post
    Gabe has been awfully quiet today. I don't see the usual "No news on builds to share today" tweet. Hmm...
    Sounds as if they may be too busy breaking stuff such as PCI-e that has been working well.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 33,171
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       19 Apr 2016 #626

    AndreTen said: View Post
    But first you have to install Ninite, don't you?

    Edit: you don't. Installed great :)
    Edit2: didn't install, since my version is newer (on this setup everything is beta :))
    Ninite just DL's a stub of all the stuff you checked off. It never lets any P^&P in. Always latest direct from author's site, no extras. I love it. Won't override any Beta (newer) apps cause it's smart enough not to. Avoid the browsers, though, unless you want the 32bit. Browsers best left up to the browser itself.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    19 Apr 2016 #627

    Fafhrd said: View Post
    Foxit Reader, for instance - first you have to unblock the downloaded installer, then install as Admin, then wait for Foxit to send crash data home, fail, rinse, repeat... ...uninstall
    Huh?? I downloaded Foxit and installed it without having to do any of that.
    I got my copy here under the "Free Download Software'...
    Foxit PDF Download Center | Foxit Software
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 12,536
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       19 Apr 2016 #628

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Ninite just DL's a stub of all the stuff you checked off. It never lets any P^&P in. Always latest direct from author's site, no extras. I love it. Won't override any Beta (newer) apps cause it's smart enough not to. Avoid the browsers, though, unless you want the 32bit. Browsers best left up to the browser itself.
    I remembered now hearing about it some time ago but never actually used it. Great stuff!

    I'm dealing with PUPs with downloads from developers and known sites. And with unchecky of course :) but thanks for pointing out Ninite again for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 12,536
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       19 Apr 2016 #629

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Huh?? I downloaded Foxit and installed it without having to do any of that.
    I got my copy here under the "Free Download Software'...
    Foxit PDF Download Center | Foxit Software
    Was it with this build? I have had similar experience with another program. Trying to recreate it now and all went smoothly. Maybe something to do with smartscreen and new releases before they are in some database...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    695034380524216320 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 | Windows Experience Blog
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/39650-announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14257-a.html ;)
    677187866225692672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 | Windows Experience Blog See also: Release version 11082 : Microsoft Edge Dev
    Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:41.
    Find Us