Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 Insider

Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 790
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       07 Apr 2016 #191

    Wynona said: View Post
    Yeah, Magilla, that would be a good thing. I always try to be diplomatic, but you know how it is.
    Thanks for the heads up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 14,370
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Apr 2016 #192

    badrobot said: View Post
    Once BASH is installed, there are 2 ways to open it.

    Or by clicking the icon from Start Menu:

    Attachment 73676
    HaHaHa, Bash on Ubuntu . . . typical of Microsoft. Now I wonder why they named it that? Hmmmm?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 4,336
    Win 10 Pro x64
       07 Apr 2016 #193

    Wynona said: View Post
    HaHaHa, Bash on Ubuntu . . . typical of Microsoft. Now I wonder why they named it that? Hmmmm?
    What name? Ubuntu? Ubuntu is a linux distro.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    07 Apr 2016 #194

    Just got to figure what I would do with Bash and why would I bother!!!

    Onto Google.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14,370
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Apr 2016 #195

    badrobot said: View Post
    What name? Ubuntu? Ubuntu is a linux distro.
    Look at what I quoted. The OP circled it in red.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,235
    Windows 10 Pro
       07 Apr 2016 #196

    linw said: View Post
    Just got to figure what I would do with Bash and why would I bother!!!

    Onto Google.
    Most of the users will never need Bash, nor will they open it more than once, just to check what the hell it is. It's going to benefit coders and developers working on multi platform app development, and in some extent "heavy duty geeks" in disk & system management. I am 100% sure we will be seeing alternatives for WinPE systems utilizing Bash in the future.

    OK, so maybe a fraction of a percent of users will ever use it, benefit from it. Most of the users will never even understand what Bash is and does. Some users will certainly protest and ask should it therefore be left out, not to be included in Windows?

    My opinion: Of course it should remain as part of Windows 10! It takes less than 100 KB storage space, nobody can say he / she needs that space (about 0.0001 GB). It does not disturb users, it does not start by itself, it will never be seen if the user does not specifically run it.

    My advice: if you need to ask what Bash is and what it does, it's not for you. Forget it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 4,336
    Win 10 Pro x64
       07 Apr 2016 #197

    Kari said: View Post

    My advice: if you need to ask what Bash is and what it does, it's not for you.
    Hahaha, you hit the nail on the head @Kari...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    07 Apr 2016 #198

    Kari said: View Post
    Most of the users will never need Bash, nor will they open it more than once, just to check what the hell it is. It's going to benefit coders and developers working on multi platform app development, and in some extent "heavy duty geeks" in disk & system management. I am 100% sure we will be seeing alternatives for WinPE systems utilizing Bash in the future.

    OK, so maybe a fraction of a percent of users will ever use it, benefit from it. Most of the users will never even understand what Bash is and does. Some users will certainly protest and ask should it therefore be left out, not to be included in Windows?

    My opinion: Of course it should remain as part of Windows 10! It takes less than 100 KB storage space, nobody can say he / she needs that space (about 0.0001 GB). It does not disturb users, it does not start by itself, it will never be seen if the user does not specifically run it.

    My advice: if you need to ask what Bash is and what it does, it's not for you. Forget it.
    . . .yeah. . .but what is it. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    07 Apr 2016 #199

    Thanks, Kari. Especially for the last sentence!

    Have to ration the time I have left so will slide on by!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    07 Apr 2016 #200

    Is there a way to stop Windows Update stealing the whole internet connection / bandwidth? It's crazy when a new update is here. You can't even browse while it's downloading. Some of us are on 10Mbit connections so download is slow...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Related Threads
695034380524216320 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 | Windows Experience Blog
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/39650-announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14257-a.html ;)
677187866225692672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 | Windows Experience Blog See also: Release version 11082 : Microsoft Edge Dev
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16.
Find Us