Windows 10: Windows 10 build 10036 has leaked

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
  1.    15 Mar 2015 #91

    Kari said: View Post
    I decided not to try this leaked build. I honestly believe next week or two brings the official release, I decided to wait for that.
    Have a copy, just not ready to attempt a try. . .time will tell. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    15 Mar 2015 #92

    Lee said: View Post
    Have a copy, just not ready to attempt a try. . .time will tell. . .
    If you do try it in a VM.. it's really ok but not worth the time right now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 11,218
    Windows 10 Pro
       15 Mar 2015 #93

    Lee said: View Post
    Have a copy, just not ready to attempt a try. . .time will tell. . .
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    If you do try it in a VM.. it's really ok but not worth the time right now.
    I like the idea of a new build as much as the next geek but really I see no point checking this one, nor any other leaked 10 build as long as I get officially released builds often enough. I admit it has been quite a while now without a new build but Gabe Aul's tweets last week make it quite clear that it will come sooner or later.

    In the background for this decision lies my deep and profound antipathy and loath for torrents and torrenting. No need to comment, it's just my subjective opinion, the occasional legal no-problems torrent does not compensate the malware infected, illegal cracked content most of the torrents are.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    15 Mar 2015 #94

    Just by reading the post on this forum I don't see any reason to try the leaked version. Hopefully MS will release a new build this week.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    15 Mar 2015 #95

    Winuser said: View Post
    Just by reading the post on this forum I don't see any reason to try the leaked version. Hopefully MS will release a new build this week.
    It was simply fun and it helped kill some time. Oh and it gave me at least a glimpse of changes to the OS. I don't see the harm in just messing around with it for a bit. My playing/tetsing is done and I'm back to 9926.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,491
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64
       15 Mar 2015 #96

    Kari said: View Post
    I decided not to try this leaked build. I honestly believe next week or two brings the official release, I decided to wait for that.
    Same here. I have the ISO sitting on my desktop, but I think I'm just gonna skip it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    15 Mar 2015 #97

    Kari said: View Post
    I guess the 10/1/2015 in the screenshot you referred to means October 1st, not January 10th. The weird way the Yanks write the date .
    Personally, I find Day/Month/Year to be awkward. As a software developer, if i'm going to have input of days... I want to show only the valid days. If days comes first, then there's no way to know how many days I can show. A user might choose 31, then Choose February for the month.. Ooops.

    It's better to first select month, then you know how many days are valid. It would make most sense to do Year/Month/Day, and in that way you would know about leap years as well, but of course nobody does that.

    It all boils down to efficiency though... When you write it out... most people write "February 28th, 2015", even in Europe and other countries from what I can tell. Yes, I've seen "28th day of February, 2015" but almost never "28th Feburary, 2015". This is the way most people think about it in my experience, rather than numerically.

    Honestly, those that write Day/Month/Year, do you think of it that way? Or do you think of the month first?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       15 Mar 2015 #98

    Mystere said: View Post
    Honestly, those that write Day/Month/Year, do you think of it that way? Or do you think of the month first?
    Personally I think of the day first. What's the date? It's the 15th. 15th of what? 15th of March. It because I know its March (like I know it is 2015). I'm generally more unsure of the day of the month. I write "15th March 2015" too (except for titles of documents when I append yymmdd because it sorts better).

    As an aside Hungarians always use YMD and always call people by family name first then christian name. Much more sensible really but I guess it depends on your upbringing and what you are used to.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 11,218
    Windows 10 Pro
       15 Mar 2015 #99

    Mystere said: View Post
    It all boils down to efficiency though... When you write it out... most people write "February 28th, 2015", even in Europe and other countries from what I can tell. Yes, I've seen "28th day of February, 2015" but almost never "28th Feburary, 2015". This is the way most people think about it in my experience, rather than numerically.

    Honestly, those that write Day/Month/Year, do you think of it that way? Or do you think of the month first?
    Yes, we think it that way. Some examples:
    I have two mother tongues, coming from a bilingual family. In Finnish today is "15. maaliskuuta 2015", in Swedish "15. mars 2015". In my daily language of my adopted home country Germany today is "15. März 2015".

    All these three translates to "15th of March 2015", the dot after the 15 meaning it's an ordinal, 15th instead of plain 15. (BTW, it's not a typo: in Finnish and Swedish, the months are written with lower case.)

    I also speak two other Scandinavian languages, Danish and Norwegian. In Norwegian it's the same as above (without the dot after the ordinal) "15 mars 2015". Only in Danish it's the "American" way, "Marts 15, 2015".

    Some other languages I speak enough to know this: In Dutch today is "15 maart 2015", in Italian "15 marzo 2015" and in Spanish "15 de marzo 2015".

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    15 Mar 2015 #100

    adamf said: View Post
    Personally I think of the day first. What's the date? It's the 15th. 15th of what? 15th of March. It because I know its March (like I know it is 2015). I'm generally more unsure of the day of the month. I write "15th March 2015" too (except for titles of documents when I append yymmdd because it sorts better).
    That's horribly wordy... To make sense written out, you have to say "The 28th of February", whereas the US style is February 28th. It uses two extra words (which, when dealing with a lot of dates can really add up). Regardless, ISO format does make most sense, Year/Month/Day.. as you said, it sorts best that way.

    Speaking of sorting... if you're just sorting month day, then Month/Day works better as well. Otherwise you get

    1/2
    2/2
    3/2
    4/2

    as opposed to

    2/1
    2/2
    2/3
    2/4

    That may seem fine, but intersperse other months..

    1/1
    1/2
    1/3
    1/4
    2/1
    2/2
    4/1
    5/3
    6/1
    7/1

    It gets to be a huge mess...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Related Threads
Read more: Windows 10: Cortana gains a few new features in latest builds
Read more: Windows 10 build 10036 includes update to Insider Hub for stat tracking
Read more: Gallery: Will this Windows 10 Pro (build 10036) head to Insiders?
Read more: Screenshots of Windows 10 desktop build 10036 leak, no sign of Spartan and Gallery: Windows 10 build 10036
Build 10036 Video in Windows 10 News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=telU3Nzn_6g&t=48 tells of sum of the bugs
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:00.
Find Us