Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Eastbourne East Sussex UK
    Posts : 2,431
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 143934.693
       01 Apr 2016 #1

    Microsoft says Windows 10 is now running on 270 million devices


    Microsoft says Windows 10 is now running on 270 million devices

    In the opening keynote for its Build conference in San Francisco, Microsoft's Terry Myerson announced that the number of active devices has risen sharply since the start of the year. But can that pace continue?

    To Read full item follow Source
    Microsoft says Windows 10 is now running on 270 million devices | ZDNet
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2015
    Chandigarh,India
    Posts : 304
    Windows 10
       01 Apr 2016 #2

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    But can that pace continue?
    Hope so.Lots of Enterprises would be moving to 10 this year+I feel they need to extend their free upgrade offer if they want to keep the pace alive.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,424
    Windows 10 Pro
       01 Apr 2016 #3

    Sumit Dhiman said: View Post
    Hope so.Lots of Enterprises would be moving to 10 this year+I feel they need to extend their free upgrade offer if they want to keep the pace alive.

    I will be very surprised if MS doesn't extend the free upgrade offer.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 139
    Tried 10 Returned to 8.1
       01 Apr 2016 #4

    WOW! According to Netmarketshare.com W-10 gained a whopping 1.33% for the month of March compared to February. Considering the upgrade to W-10 is FREE and the coercive tactics M$ is using to achieve their goals, the adoption rate is pitiful IMO. Why can't M$ let W-10 rest on it's own merits if it's so much better than 8.1 or 7? And just think of all the bad will M$ has generated with their heavy handed tactics. I don't think M$ will have much choice but to extend the Free upgrade offer just so they can continue their coercive upgrade strategy.

    https://www.netmarketshare.com/opera...ame=M&qpsp=206
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    01 Apr 2016 #5

    Hard to believe any numbers from MS concerning w10 adoption rates given their tactics.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,386
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       01 Apr 2016 #6

    gator2013 said: View Post
    WOW! According to Netmarketshare.com W-10 gained a whopping 1.33% for the month of March compared to February. Considering the upgrade to W-10 is FREE and the coercive tactics M$ is using to achieve their goals, the adoption rate is pitiful IMO. Why can't M$ let W-10 rest on it's own merits if it's so much better than 8.1 or 7? And just think of all the bad will M$ has generated with their heavy handed tactics. I don't think M$ will have much choice but to extend the Free upgrade offer just so they can continue their coercive upgrade strategy.
    It is doing a lot better than the W8 series.

    doorules said: View Post
    Hard to believe any numbers from MS concerning w10 adoption rates given their tactics.
    The numbers seem more plausible than MS' claims about W8.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
       01 Apr 2016 #7

    Who cares about the nums. I don't like W10 and the MS tactics. So I will not be in the nums.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       02 Apr 2016 #8

    . . .I thought most of the folks on this site were IT specialist not folks with MBA's. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 4,308
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       02 Apr 2016 #9

    Let's wait and see what happens after July 29 2016. If MS extends the free upgrade then numbers will continue to go up. If they don't then what happens? Will they pull the Get Windows 10 process or modify it? In either case, numbers will go down if people have to pay for it, especially since so many got it for free.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,424
    Windows 10 Pro
       02 Apr 2016 #10

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Let's wait and see what happens after July 29 2016. If MS extends the free upgrade then numbers will continue to go up. If they don't then what happens? Will they pull the Get Windows 10 process or modify it? In either case, numbers will go down if people have to pay for it, especially since so many got it for free.
    IMHO, I think the number of people using the free upgrade to Win 10 is rapidly on a decline. At this stage most new users of Win 10 are people buying new devices.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices
Source: Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices | Blogging Windows
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already
Source
Windows 10 News
Microsoft says 14 million computers now running Windows 10
Source: Microsoft says 14 million computers now running Windows 10 - The Economic Times
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums