Windows 10: 10.0.10586.164 OS update (March 2016) for Lumia Phones with Windows 10 Mobile
10.0.10586.164 OS update (March 2016) for Lumia Phones with Windows 10
Below you can find the list of the available OS and firmware updates for Lumia phones with Windows 10.
OS update (March 2016) for Lumia Phones with Windows 10. Key improvements in this release include:
- Improvements for the reliability of app notifications, including text messages and alarms not ringing as scheduled.
- Improvements for text message backup to reduce data and battery usage.
- Fixes for Microsoft Edge with address bar suggestions showing late or persisting during navigation, “Close all tabs” not closing all tabs, and Word Flow on the address bar not functioning as expected.
- Fix for a problem where the Microsoft account was not detected by the Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and People app. Attempting to add a new contact in this state caused the People app to crash for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused the Wi-Fi connection to temporarily switch off after prolonged use for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused first-party app updates to fail to install successfully for some users, leaving the apps in state where they cannot be launched.
- Improvements for battery usage, Bluetooth connectivity, and OS reliability.
Source: Newest Mobile Firmware Releases - Microsoft Community
See also: FAQ - Whats New in the latest software update for Lumia phones with Windows 10 (10.0.10586.164/01078.00038.16025.390xx)? - Microsoft - USA
Source: March 2016 Security Update Release Summary - Microsoft Security Response Center - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
this process took 10 hours for the first cycle (1st March)
then another hour or so today (2nd March)
how do I check where my update is at?
How will I know its finished?
Does anyone know if there's an ETA for when Win 10 RTM will be rolling out on supported Lumia phones?
Source: Lumia 520521Devices Unusable After Using Windows Phone Recovery - Microsoft Community
Source: The Lumia you love gets even better with Windows 10 - Lumia Conversations