Windows 10: Windows 10: The installation interface has been updated

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1.    08 Mar 2015 #21

    Cliff S said: View Post
    For me it's just interesting almost hypnotic. I also miss in Windows Defender watching the files fly through when scanning, like in Microsoft Security Essentials. The little Geek in me I guessAttachment 13936

    I'm with you. I use to like that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,546
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       08 Mar 2015 #22

    Off topic, the neowin website. Is anyone else having trouble loading the comments If not, I will ask over at windows 7? I tried different browsers, I find Opera is the only one that loads the comments. I.E. , Firefox, Google Chrome no comments load. Opera loads the comments. I even enabled Java. All browser are 32 bits. My system is clean. I know the routine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    08 Mar 2015 #23

    groze said: View Post
    Off topic, the neowin website. Is anyone else having trouble loading the comments If not, I will ask over at windows 7? I tried different browsers, I find Opera is the only one that loads the comments. I.E. , Firefox, Google Chrome no comments load. Opera loads the comments. I even enabled Java. All browser are 32 bits. My system is clean. I know the routine.
    Just came back after reading your post. . .none at the present time. . .Good Luck. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4,345
    Win 10 Pro x64
       08 Mar 2015 #24

    Is this suppose to address the complaint about not knowing what's going on when we do online upgrade?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    08 Mar 2015 #25

    badrobot said: View Post
    Is this suppose to address the complaint about not knowing what's going on when we do online upgrade?
    I think so.. well I hope it is. I could use some information when the update is taking place so I know it hasn't died.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,546
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       08 Mar 2015 #26

    Lee said: View Post
    Just came back after reading your post. . .none at the present time. . .Good Luck. . .
    Thank you,
    I think it internet service related. Some how the comments are blocked through my isp except for Opera. Very odd. It could be my router. I think I will ask over at the windows 7 forum.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    09 Mar 2015 #27

    I can live with any graphic that show continuous activity i.e. the system has not crashed.
    Previous percentage bars etc. often appeared to stall for a several minutes at various places say 17% then jump to say 31% climb steadly then stall and jump again. I kept placing the pointer on the bar to see if it was moving.
    The other issue was between stages when it switched to a black screen for maybe a couple of minutes.
    I guess this latest one will do the same thing.
    I don't relax when it appears to have crashed; maybe I am just to impatient.
    I was happy with the moving dots to show that it had not frozen.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 14,995
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       09 Mar 2015 #28

    besb said: View Post
    I can live with any graphic that show continuous activity i.e. the system has not crashed.
    Previous percentage bars etc. often appeared to stall for a several minutes at various places say 17% then jump to say 31% climb steadly then stall and jump again. I kept placing the pointer on the bar to see if it was moving.
    The other issue was between stages when it switched to a black screen for maybe a couple of minutes.
    I guess this latest one will do the same thing.
    I don't relax when it appears to have crashed; maybe I am just to impatient.
    I was happy with the moving dots to show that it had not frozen.
    One of the reasons I like seeing the files load in command prompt. For Windows to estimate remaining time it's very complicated and in accurate, because it depends on hardware, so the green strip or circles with % are basically meaningless, just watch Defender download and install an update: the strip stays white at 0%-then jumps suddenly to installed(theis is only when it's a couple of MB, GB has a little "action".
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 14,995
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       09 Mar 2015 #29

    An interesting read for those interested---HTG Explains: Why are Progress Bars Generally Inaccurate?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    09 Mar 2015 #30

    Cliff S said: View Post
    An interesting read for those interested---HTG Explains: Why are Progress Bars Generally Inaccurate?
    Thanks for the link.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Read more: Twitter rolls out updated app for Windows 10
The patient is an IBM Thinkpad laptop running the latest build (10130) as part of a dual boot 7 / 10 setup. It has been running 10 without incident for months. All of a sudden, my main account opens in a metro style desktop. Applications open...
Solved no such interface supported in Browsers and Email
When using PROJECT SPARTAN and I go to a website such as https://www.pinterest.com/, or others for that matter, and want to download a picture...I get an error that says no such interface supported. Any help is appreciated!
I'm one of the many that is still using Win7 on my primary machine for continued support/access to only a couple apps. One of those apps is DQSD (dqsd.sf.net), and I don't think I could function without it. Due to the way DQSD is designed (it has a...
Read more: New screenshots reveal more about Spartan browser's interface | Windows Central
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37.
Find Us