Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    20 Mar 2016 #21
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,551
    Windows 10 Pro

    I have discovered thee methods that offer much more protection than any anti-malware program ever has in the past.

    1. I run Firefox browser with Adblock Plus add-on installed. The difference in webpages without all the advertising is amazing. In addition since the ads containing malware never load, no malware problems!

    2. Be extremely careful when clicking OK or I Accept or even cancel. If it is a pop-up window in a browser, look for the little X that closes the window. If you can't find a little X that closes the windows, then Cntrl-Alt-Del and kill the browser process from task manager.

    3. Also, when installing programs/apps, always select the custom or advanced install option, even if you want the default program installed. Many times the undesired extra programs get installed because the user did not opt out or deselect them by not choosing the advanced or custom install option. And make sure the EULA (license agreement) that you are agreeing to is for the actual program that you want to install and not some included unwanted program bundled with it.

    Finally, if you do catch browser based malware, most of it can be eradicated with a good hard drive cleaning with CCleaner and windows built-in disk cleanup.

    I have seen many instances of malware slipping right by the anti-malware programs because the user inadvertently clicked accept to install the malware.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    20 Mar 2016 #22
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 9,271
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I knew was beta when I installed it. I only installed it for testing. I will be testing it again after a few updates.
    Of course, I understood it. You know, that when it is out of beta it will be included in Malwarebytes Antimalware, but not for free.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    20 Mar 2016 #23
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 9,271
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by TairikuOkami View Post
    I missed it, all links are already down, I was looking forward to some testing.
    There is a link to test file, which is not dangerous somewhere in Malwarebytes forum.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    20 Mar 2016 #24
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,983
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I have discovered thee methods that offer much more protection than any anti-malware program ever has in the past.

    1. I run Firefox browser with Adblock Plus add-on installed. The difference in webpages without all the advertising is amazing. In addition since the ads containing malware never load, no malware problems!

    2. Be extremely careful when clicking OK or I Accept or even cancel. If it is a pop-up window in a browser, look for the little X that closes the window. If you can't find a little X that closes the windows, then Cntrl-Alt-Del and kill the browser process from task manager.

    3. Also, when installing programs/apps, always select the custom or advanced install option, even if you want the default program installed. Many times the undesired extra programs get installed because the user did not opt out or deselect them by not choosing the advanced or custom install option. And make sure the EULA (license agreement) that you are agreeing to is for the actual program that you want to install and not some included unwanted program bundled with it.

    Finally, if you do catch browser based malware, most of it can be eradicated with a good hard drive cleaning with CCleaner and windows built-in disk cleanup.

    I have seen many instances of malware slipping right by the anti-malware programs because the user inadvertently clicked accept to install the malware.
    In response to your #3, I use this for the sneaky one's :
    Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear

    Proof it works.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	un.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	70543
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    20 Mar 2016 #25
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 2,944
    10.4 Home 1709 x64

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreTen View Post
    There is a link to test file, which is not dangerous somewhere in Malwarebytes forum.
    Thanks, I have found some links to live ransomware specimen at malware domain lists.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    20 Mar 2016 #26
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 9,271
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by TairikuOkami View Post
    Thanks, I have found some links to live ransomware specimen at malware domain lists.
    I wouldn't touch that with a mile long stick. Obviously, you like to live on the Edge.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    20 Mar 2016 #27
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreTen View Post
    Of course, I understood it. You know, that when it is out of beta it will be included in Malwarebytes Antimalware, but not for free.
    I'm using the life time paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware so if they do I'm ready. I haven't checked lately, They may have fixed the false positive with Office 365.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    20 Mar 2016 #28
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,983
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I'm using the life time paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware so if they do I'm ready. I haven't checked lately, They may have fixed the false positive with Office 365.
    There might be a solution here :
    Search results - Malwarebytes Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    20 Mar 2016 #29
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
    In response to your #3, I use this for the sneaky one's :
    Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear

    Proof it works.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	un.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	70543
    Thanks! I'll give it a try and see how it good works.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    20 Mar 2016 #30
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,983
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    Thanks! I'll give it a try and see how it good works.
    You're welcome, if I did not use it myself I would not suggest it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta
Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta 60831 Read more: https://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/2016/01/introducing-the-malwarebytes-anti-ransomware-beta/ Download:...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Solved TeslaCrypt ransomware now impossible to crack, researchers say
Ramsomware has become a large presence on the net. The Locky virus is another example of the new ransomware that has no way to circumvent the encryption. If you want to effectively defend against this, your best defense is to have a back up of your...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Ransomware disguised as Win 10 update
Thought i would post this here but maybe the "news" section would benefit , if this is old news my apologies but it's scary. Beware! That Windows 10 update message could be ransomware in disguise A new virus is on the loose and it’s...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
New Ransomware attack
Only 5 days out and Win10 being screwed with. This link was in an E-Mail today: New Windows 10 scam will encrypt your files for ransom | ZDNet
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
CoinVault ransomware? New free tool may decrypt them
Files encrypted by CoinVault ransomware? New free tool may decrypt them | PCWorld
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums