Windows 10: Microsoft confirms that Spartan will be in the next Windows 10 preview

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1.    05 Mar 2015 #30

    I'm looking forward to using Spartan.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 163
    Windows 10 Pro Edition Build 17134.48
       05 Mar 2015 #31

    I like trying out new things..but at least in my case, one of my favorite pieces of software: https://lastpass.com/ doesn't work very well with IE 11 that's included with windows 10 tech. preview build # 9926, it seems to work normally though when I'm using firefox.
    David
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    05 Mar 2015 #32

    Davy49 said: View Post
    I like trying out new things..but at least in my case, one of my favorite pieces of software: https://lastpass.com/ doesn't work very well with IE 11 that's included with windows 10 tech. preview build # 9926, it seems to work normally though when I'm using firefox.
    David
    There are a number of websites that don't work or are not compatible with IE and they only work in FF and/or Chrome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       05 Mar 2015 #33

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    There are a number of websites that don't work or are not compatible with IE and they only work in FF and/or Chrome.
    Quite often they work if you click on "Reload in compatibility mode" under the frown button up in the top right of IE.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    05 Mar 2015 #34

    adamf said: View Post
    Quite often they work if you click on "Reload in compatibility mode" under the frown button up in the top right of IE.
    Not every time. When I took a class on Corsera the coding tool would not work in IE but only in FF or Chrome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    05 Mar 2015 #35

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    There are a number of websites that don't work or are not compatible with IE and they only work in FF and/or Chrome.
    I got tired of this crap back in the 90s with IE and Netscape, each school designing their websites so they wouldn't work with the other. Bunch of childish BS.

    Now its back again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,555
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       05 Mar 2015 #36

    I thought there was an html standard everyone was/is suppose to use including Microsoft. What happened?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    05 Mar 2015 #37

    groze said: View Post
    I thought there was an html standard everyone was/is suppose to use including Microsoft. What happened?
    Websites are more than just HTML. OH and in the situation that I pointed out I have no reason why I(we) couldn't use IE for the class it's just that the changes needed to make the code testing and grading tools would have required a lot of tweaking to work in IE and the staff for the class didn't want to put in that much effort. It was easier to have the class use FF or Chrome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 275
    Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 18.2, LinuxLite, Ubuntu 17.10
       05 Mar 2015 #38

    Davy49 said: View Post
    I like trying out new things..but at least in my case, one of my favorite pieces of software: https://lastpass.com/ doesn't work very well with IE 11 that's included with windows 10 tech. preview build # 9926, it seems to work normally though when I'm using firefox.
    David
    I have both FF (ver. 36) and Chrome (ver. 40) installed and both work very well with LastPass. Chrome is my default browser. I use IE-11 infrequently but LastPass also works fine without any issues so far.

    Rich
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 1,703
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.3 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       05 Mar 2015 #39

    groze said: View Post
    I thought there was an html standard everyone was/is suppose to use including Microsoft. What happened?
    Since there is no enforcement, "standard" compliance is voluntary and as a result, companies just do whatever they like.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Microsoft delivers new Windows 10 preview without Spartan browser | The Verge
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:39.
    Find Us