Windows 10: Microsoft confirms that Spartan will be in the next Windows 10 preview

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    02 Mar 2015 #11

    Lee said: View Post
    You guys know that as soon as Spartan hits the streets that Google and Firefox will be upgraded to do, and act in the same manner.
    How is that a bad think if all of the other browser makers up their game??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    04 Mar 2015 #12

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    How is that a bad think if all of the other browser makers up their game??
    +1000
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    04 Mar 2015 #13

    Lee said: View Post
    You guys know that as soon as Spartan hits the streets that Google and Firefox will be upgraded to do, and act in the same manner.
    Well, I think MS is trying to catch up with them. I doubt seriously, that Google and Firefox will deem this as a threat. They both have years of extensions already for them. If Spartans extensions turns out like the MS App Store, well, ....I will leave that alone.

    If Microsoft does a lot of things with Spartan (like Internet Explorer) where developers have to write special code for it. I think it may be a hard sell. We will see.

    So, Windows 10 will have 2 different browsers? It is completely logical to me????
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    04 Mar 2015 #14

    Trust_No1 said: View Post
    Well, I think MS is trying to catch up with them. I doubt seriously, that Google and Firefox will deem this as a threat. They both have years of extensions already for them. If Spartans extensions turns out like the MS App Store, well, ....I will leave that alone.

    If Microsoft does a lot of things with Spartan (like Internet Explorer) where developers have to write special code for it. I think it may be a hard sell. We will see.

    So, Windows 10 will have 2 different browsers? It is completely logical to me????
    MS needs to support websites that were developed for IE and they will continue to support those for some time into the future. That's why they will have two browsers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    04 Mar 2015 #15

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    MS needs to support websites that were developed for IE and they will continue to support those for some time into the future. That's why they will have two browsers.
    So, what you are saying is that Spartan will not render sites developed for IE? But, then again why does it need too?

    I don't follow why they need 2 browsers. Any machine that currently has IE installed will work. You can download and install IE on any windows machine except for IE11 which you need 8 or above. If people wish to use IE they can install it.

    To me, this makes it seem that Spartan is nothing more than a gimmick product, and anyone using Windows 10, is the guinea pig. If it doesn't work out, than they will drop it. IMHO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    04 Mar 2015 #16

    Trust_No1 said: View Post
    So, what you are saying is that Spartan will not render sites developed for IE? But, then again why does it need too?

    I don't follow why they need 2 browsers. Any machine that currently has IE installed will work. You can download and install IE on any windows machine except for IE11 which you need 8 or above. If people wish to use IE they can install it.

    To me, this makes it seem that Spartan is nothing more than a gimmick product, and anyone using Windows 10, is the guinea pig. If it doesn't work out, than they will drop it. IMHO.
    What don't you understand about supporting older websites with continuing support for IE?? Spartan should work for some of them but not all of them. Are you trying to be difficult for the sake of it?? And how is Spartan a "gimmick"?? Oh and what makes us "guinea pigs"?? You clearly don't like anything about Win10 so why are you testing it or posting about it.. just stick with what works for you and be happy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    04 Mar 2015 #17

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    What don't you understand about supporting older websites with continuing support for IE?? Spartan should work for some of them but not all of them. Are you trying to be difficult for the sake of it?? And how is Spartan a "gimmick"?? Oh and what makes us "guinea pigs"?? You clearly don't like anything about Win10 so why are you testing it or posting about it.. just stick with what works for you and be happy.
    My point is, for me it would seem more reasonable, if Microsoft wanted to develop a new browser, it should do so, and let it stand on it's own. If they truly were creating this new browser for Windows 10, why not let people just download IE if they want? Why is it just now coming as an after thought? Why not say from the beginning of Windows 10, "it will have a new browser". It just doesn't add up for me. That is why for me it feels like a gimmick, and users are the guinea pigs. If I am wrong, I will be proven wrong. Perhaps I am looking at it wrong. Thank you for asking.

    As for Windows's 10 (since you are speaking for me), you are correct, there is not a whole lot I have found I am fond of (thus far). I am trying to keep an open mind, about it, however, testing is my own choice, and my thoughts are my own, and I only express what I think. Wouldn't it be a dull world if everyone were exactly alike?

    Who knows maybe one of my non-pro comments, might have a positive result on the Windows 10 end product. I thought that was what the Windows 10 preview was all about "Feedback".
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       04 Mar 2015 #18
    Last edited by Slartybart; 04 Mar 2015 at 18:21. Reason: add html5test & WebPagetest
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 1,544
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
       04 Mar 2015 #19

    Cloneware is not new look at Firefox user base has dropped since the change
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,551
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       04 Mar 2015 #20

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Cloneware is not new look at Firefox user base has dropped since the change

    I agree with you.


    The reason is Firefox doesn't look right on mobile devices from what I read online. However, Firefox has started to improve the mobile version and is getting better but still not up to par according to what I read online. Google Chrome browser works better on mobile devices according to what I read online. Of course this is just people opinions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Microsoft delivers new Windows 10 preview without Spartan browser | The Verge

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:41.
Find Us