Windows 10: What's new in Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview v10.1.847.0
What's new in Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview v10.1.847.0
The Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app is a designed to help you get your work done wherever you are. You can connect to remote Windows PCs or resources made available to you by your admin and be productive as if these resources were running locally.
- Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server
- Access remote resources published by your IT admin
- Connect remotely through a Remote Desktop Gateway
- Rich multi-touch experience with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and RemoteFX supporting Windows gestures
- Secure connection to your data and applications
- Simple management of your connections from the connection center
- High quality video and audio streaming
- Connect from your phone or using Continuum for Phone
What's New in Version 847:
- Added an extension to the on-screen keyboard with additional keys
- Added the ability to pin desktops and remote resources to Start
- Desktop connections are now available in the app's recent list
- Bug fixes
Source and Download: Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app - Windows Store
How does this tool compare to ordinary Remote Desktop Connection? I use RDC/RDP all the time to access the half-dozen-plus PCs, laptops, and tablets I work with and really like it. From what I read at the MS Store site for this item, it's not quite up to that level of par. What say you?
It looks like what they first shipped with Windows 10, a store app win8 type thing that seems very restricted compared to the nice old simple RDC/RDP.
I agree. RDC/RDP is much better than this app for now.
TBH though, it may be ok on a single screen setup, but not worth changing for.
Kind of sounds like the XBOX ONE Smart Glass App? Only for PC to PC connection.
Source: Remote Desktop Preview now available on Windows 10 Mobile and Continuum - Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services) Team Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
Download at: Remote Desktop Preview
Hi. I just viewed Kari Finn's clearly explained Remote Desktop Connection on Win10 and how to connect to remote computer, thank you for that. Good job! In my case though, I use Win XP Home edition. Do I have to have Win XP Pro edition to connect on...
I have recently upgraded from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro. When I RDP to another Windows 7 Ultimate machine the application randomly closes, no error messages or anything. Anyone seen this before?
I cannot get RD preview to add new connections. It allowed me to add an initial IP address but when I try to add another one it crashes.
Are there alternatives to this?
Source: Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview