Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

  1. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 112
       30 Aug 2015 #51

    I'll tell you what sold me on the new start menu with 10. First the right click on the start button. You can get to just about anything control panel wise etc. I love that. Secondly, although there is some hate for it, I personally enjoy the start window. The start section of the old menu was fine, but as I age I find I like my icons larger. Personal taste to be sure, but I think Microsoft did a righteous job with that start window.

    What I don't like though is the way the core start menu works. You have to scroll entirely too much. Now I will say for people with zero computer experience, having the little letters there to know where you are might be an okay idea. However, most of us understand alphabetical order. Way too much movement to hunt down your apps. There's a reason the folder paradigm in the older start menu made so much sense. It's called organization.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,467
    Windows 10 Pro
       30 Aug 2015 #52

    Even though the Windows 10 start menu is not 100% to my liking it's close enough that I won't be using any 3rd party start menus.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 139
    Tried 10 Returned to 8.1
       30 Aug 2015 #53

    dencal said: View Post
    Third party start menu,s?. Some people are never satisfied.
    Microsoft has taken note of millions of opinions thanks to the insider programme.
    I can only assume certain people find it difficult to accept what the majority wish for and find acceptable.
    Change for some is like letting go of a comfort blanket perhaps.
    So now the Insider Program represents the majority of W10 users? That's delusional, a vocal minority possibly but hardly a majority.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       30 Aug 2015 #54

    This all boils down to what a users preference is, no more no less.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 839
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
       30 Aug 2015 #55

    gator2013 said: View Post
    So now the Insider Program represents the majority of W10 users? That's delusional, a vocal minority possibly but hardly a majority.
    Last count, MS claimed 57 Million installs of Win10 -- and that probably does not include all the Insiders because those folks already had Win10 installed. So even if ALL the Insiders voted FOR the new Start Menu (and I know not ALL of them did because I wouldn't vote for it), that still only means 5 Million insiders (I think that was the last count -- someone correct this if I'm wrong) -- which doesn't amount to even 10% of the current installed base of Win10. So, there's no way the Insiders are a Majority of Win10 users.

    What the Insiders program represented was a very small Minority of Win7/8/8.1 users that wanted to participate in pre-release testing of a new Windows OS. Strongly interested in Win10 -- yes. Strongly opinionated about Win10 -- yes. Majority of Win10 users -- prior to release, yes; after release, no.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    KS City
    Posts : 157
    Win 10 Pro v1607 14393.693
       30 Aug 2015 #56

    Change can be good, it just takes time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Indonesia
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       30 Aug 2015 #57

    Current Windows 10 Start menu is the best imo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Posts : 349
    Windows 10 Pro x3 Windows 10 Home x1
       30 Aug 2015 #58

    Winuser said: View Post
    Even though the Windows 10 start menu is not 100% to my liking it's close enough that I won't be using any 3rd party start menus.
    I'm sticking with Classic Shell. The Win10 start menu looks too cluttered to me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Nov 2014
    UK
    Posts : 232
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       31 Aug 2015 #59

    Call me 'old fashioned' but for $5 what can be wrong with Stardock Start10 - it gives the best of both worlds.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    31 Aug 2015 #60

    MrBill said: View Post
    I'll tell you what sold me on the new start menu with 10. First the right click on the start button. You can get to just about anything control panel wise etc. I love that. Secondly, although there is some hate for it, I personally enjoy the start window. The start section of the old menu was fine, but as I age I find I like my icons larger. Personal taste to be sure, but I think Microsoft did a righteous job with that start window.

    What I don't like though is the way the core start menu works. You have to scroll entirely too much. Now I will say for people with zero computer experience, having the little letters there to know where you are might be an okay idea. However, most of us understand alphabetical order. Way too much movement to hunt down your apps. There's a reason the folder paradigm in the older start menu made so much sense. It's called organization.

    I much appreciate that feature as well , a big + . I know "control panel" like the back of my hand and like to paste "control panel" on the main start page .

    Somehow i managed to do that by going into settings.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen
This thread is meant to showcase the new Windows 10 Start menu with tiles or the more familiar Windows 8 Start Screen. You can use either the Start Menu or Start Screen by following Brink's Tutorial 5538 Start Menu 5539
Customization
Windows Media Centre replacement
As i will not be getting the windows media centre that i paid extra for in windows 10 i will need a replace it must have: Have channels on same numbers as the TV Let me record things from the guide (series link) Must have at least 7 guide Let...
Software and Apps
Microsoft will deliver, at least, one new Windows 10 build per month
Read more: Microsoft will deliver, at least, one new build of Windows 10 per month
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums