Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
  1.    29 Mar 2016 #341
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Left coast but not a progressive liberal
    Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by AcuraTML View Post
    You got it, I swear by these two pieces of fine apps, just gets a little awkward to enable and un-enable and getting to know the ins and outs

    You can count nothing will knock you down anytime soon or in the long range future

    I suggest you spend some time at YouTube and see both in action its very interesting and mind blowing the control and power these two apps have regarding protecting your investment

    Both apps are modest on specs don't require anything major or extreme

    All that might be worth a look @YT .....I might do that even though I briefly glanced @Wiki Opinion yesterday
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    29 Mar 2016 #342
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 135
    Windows 10 Enterprise (64-bit)

    Quote Originally Posted by blutos cousin View Post
    All that might be worth a look @YT .....I might do that even though I briefly glanced @Wiki Opinion yesterday
    Thumbs Up! @ blutos cousin
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Mar 2016 #343
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Left coast but not a progressive liberal
    Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by AcuraTML View Post
    Thumbs Up! @ blutos cousin
    Yo check this out ..

    Nasty ransomware overwrites your PC's master boot record - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

    ........and this freebie from Malwarebytes I just scored

    Introducing Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Forums


    You might not need all that but maybe the other folks here can use it
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Mar 2016 #344
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 135
    Windows 10 Enterprise (64-bit)

    Quote Originally Posted by blutos cousin View Post
    Yo check this out ..

    Nasty ransomware overwrites your PC's master boot record - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

    ........and this freebie from Malwarebytes I just scored

    Introducing Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Forums


    You might not need all that but maybe the other folks here can use it
    Thank you, Cousin

    But that wont protect no one from:

    Storm Trojan 2016 and onward <-------------------------- totally off the wall and format time and clean install " if no back up available "

    Melissa<----------------------- each boot your PC re-writes and re-writes till you get " No More Room On Your HD "

    My Doom <------------------- This one is nasty and wicket turns your PC into a boat anchor " PE Tools required to restart your hard drive again or its shot if you get this one...


    All three of these nightmares are only caught by visiting shoddy web sites that trickle in as a cookie or temp web file and as soon as you close your browser " hold on to your seat no device will never be the same again "


    Ransomware is minor compared to any of the big three above, " you wont even get a warning you might see a split second screen flicker and that's about it... then after you reboot super slow shut downs, and perhaps the famous freeze or worse when you get back up, BSOD Warning or the HD Grinder can be heard wear you got a re-write to spin your disk backwards or back and forth or even worse Brick your SSD forever and its toast....


    Again thank you, Blutos Cousin


    and don't sit on your hands if you hear me out go and get familiar with the two tools I hold my faith in when regarding my data and principles

    sad thing and its been around for awhile " this is going to be a normal factor connecting to the internet networks in the future "
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    29 Mar 2016 #345
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Left coast but not a progressive liberal
    Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by AcuraTML View Post
    Thank you, Cousin

    But that wont protect no one from:

    Storm Trojan 2016 and onward <-------------------------- totally off the wall and format time and clean install " if no back up available "

    Melissa<----------------------- each boot your PC re-writes and re-writes till you get " No More Room On Your HD "

    My Doom <------------------- This one is nasty and wicket turns your PC into a boat anchor " PE Tools required to restart your hard drive again or its shot if you get this one..."
    those all friends of yours ? ..................just kidding ☻

    Quote Originally Posted by AcuraTML View Post
    Thank you, Cousin
    All three of these nightmares are only caught by visiting shoddy web sites that trickle in as a cookie or temp web file and as soon as you close your browser " hold on to your seat no device will never be the same again "
    could be nothings the same as it was

    Quote Originally Posted by AcuraTML View Post
    Thank you, Cousin
    Ransomware is minor compared to any of the big three above, " you wont even get a warning you might see a split second screen flicker and that's about it... then after you reboot super slow shut downs, and perhaps the famous freeze or worse when you get back up, BSOD Warning or the HD Grinder can be heard wear you got a re-write to spin your disk backwards or back and forth or even worse Brick your SSD forever and its toast....
    sounds like big nasties

    Quote Originally Posted by AcuraTML View Post
    Again thank you, Blutos Cousin
    Just trying to be real bro

    Quote Originally Posted by AcuraTML View Post
    and don't sit on your hands if you hear me out go and get familiar with the two tools I hold my faith in when regarding my data and principles

    sad thing and its been around for awhile " this is going to be a normal factor connecting to the internet networks in the future "
    Government and B2B & B etc will probably be hacked before us if not already with all that but again a good argument for back ups and if I see you hollering about all this some more I might check all that out
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    30 Mar 2016 #346
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 3,361
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc

    Well one of the actual let's potentially "Ideal" solutions for most to even consider at no cost to none isn't even found on the web or on the software shelf in some retail outlet. No! The best portection overall is simply using the built in if not having a 3rd party program you might have already purchased for this very reason no less is..... "Full System Image Backup" stored on 100% isolated drive!

    Here I have a few 128gb flash drives that could handle that task easy enough as well as the two drives in external enclosures one for each desktop. In fact those were already put to use for the purpose of storing images not only of the two desktops but laptops owned by others! If some folly strikes the OS drive is nuked in the process of restoring the existing image made of it.

    And of course most of us already know how images can save our hides for other times as well besides cleaning up after a bug strike of some type. If a drive should suddenly take a nose dive into the scrap yard the image is then simply restored onto the new replacement drive. But then we also have to look at the masses and how many wouldn't understand any of that.

    And speaking of passwords, Your average 8-12 characters won't work on a Server 2016 Tech Preview VM for sure! Try a full sentence!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Server 2016 Install 10 Admin Password.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	72183
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    30 Mar 2016 #347
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 38
    7, 10

    Quote Originally Posted by blutos cousin View Post
    Outside of their intended uses (outside of average PC users ) at least for Deep Freeze maybe all that is kind of like using a Peterbilt 18 wheeler tractor trailer to fetch a bag groceries in but whatever makes you feel good
    Somedays it feels like it is. Liked Reboot Restore as it was free and aside from an extra second or two at bootup it was relatively non-invasive. So I would say it's more like a high-end Tesla than a tractor trailer
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    30 Mar 2016 #348
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 43
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Geneo View Post
    The best antivirus is backups.
    Unless one of the files you backup happens to be infected. Let's say it's something you got from somebody else - if they downloaded it off the internet and sent it to you and it's infected guess what happens. I've been there. It was a long time ago, but it happened.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    30 Mar 2016 #349
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 135
    Windows 10 Enterprise (64-bit)

    Quote Originally Posted by Floridagal View Post
    Unless one of the files you backup happens to be infected. Let's say it's something you got from somebody else - if they downloaded it off the internet and sent it to you and it's infected guess what happens. I've been there. It was a long time ago, but it happened.
    @Floridagal,

    Your 100% accurate on your statement if you have by bad luck one of the evil three bugs I posted above, a system back up restore will not work, especially " My Doom " it knocks out your boot manager and current cmos .

    These people who make these viruses don't play games they are creating a mess and want to really screw up your device and on the same note perhaps destroy major parts of your hardware, never mind just your software, example a SSD hard drive doesn't need too much to push it off the edge and brick it permanently.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    30 Mar 2016 #350
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Left coast but not a progressive liberal
    Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015

    Originally Posted by Floridagal
    Unless one of the files you backup happens to be infected. Let's say it's something you got from somebody else - if they downloaded it off the internet and sent it to you and it's infected guess what happens. I've been there. It was a long time ago, but it happened.
    AcuraTML
    Your 100% accurate on your statement if you have by bad luck one of the evil three bugs I posted above, a system back up restore will not work, especially " My Doom " it knocks out your boot manager and current cmos .


    These people who make these viruses don't play games they are creating a mess and want to really screw up your device and on the same note perhaps destroy major parts of your hardware, never mind just your software, example a SSD hard drive doesn't need too much to push it off the edge and brick it permanently.




    Alternatives to modern tech ,the WEB & wireless digital



    OTOH maybe we should start using abacuses, Ouija board' s ,short wave radios , Kodak Brownies & instamatics or Polaroid film Cameras, 8 & 16mm movies and 35mm slides ,overhead projectors, VUE Masters, magnetic tape , AM/FM radios ,Phonographs ,10 keys, patch boards & punch cards for big iron ,ditto machines,facsimiles ,push mowers ,double edge razors ,photocopies,telegrams , typewriters , notebooks & binders , & Columbia binders ,reading newspapers ,books and tabloids in print, watch TV, (usually 4 -5 TV channels OTA at best ) and mostly black and white till the mid to late 60's.... use POTS line telephones , pay phones stationery and postage and stay the H. off the web like everybody did before PC's ,tard phones,pads and PC appliances,extenders electronic word processing , ( common home Microwaves ) electronic calculators smart TV and no LED's or flat panel TV's or I.C. ASIC's or modern CPUs !


    OTOH I don't miss stacks of books ,daily newspapers and monthly magazines,print catalogs .Columbia Binders ,Binders ,too many File cabinets , encyclopedias or contact media for music or video aka magnetic tape and vinyl phonograph records ,typewriters ,ditto machines ,Carbon paper, analog rotary coil TV tuners , electro mechanical devices automotive ,aviation and power boat engine carburetors ,Loud Turbo Jet & Reciprocating engine propeller airliners double edge razors and NIXIE tubes ,electronic tubes ,Push mowers , women wearing girdles, discrete transistors and circuits and CRT's scan line no definition NTSC TV or film or the other long gone stuff above . me


    I Been there
    Last edited by blutos cousin; 30 Mar 2016 at 18:13.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Money App
When I open the app I get the message: Service is currently not available Please try later This has been happening since I update my desktop from Windows 8.1. It worked on 8.1 I went to the Store, searched for Money and when the app...
Software and Apps
Solved cant get GSP money matters to run on 64 bit W10 but ok on 32 bit
cant get GSP money matters to run on 64 bit W10 but ok on 32 bit W10 Wonder if it could be a 16 bit application, which explains why it worked on W10 32 bit....dont know how to tell Maybe the only option I have is XP mode
Software and Apps
MS Money 99 and Win10
Greetings, New to Win10 and this forum. I have read about some difficulty installing MS Money in Win10. Today I downloaded and installed Win10 (64 bit) and then tried to install MS Money 99 (basic). I assumed it would not install, but it...
Software and Apps
MSN Money App
I'm having difficulty with the MSN Money App since I unpinned it from the Start menu. It does not show up in the app list. When I either find it with a search either on the desktop or in the Store (both of which give me the same Store results) the...
Software and Apps
Solved Microsoft Money and IE5
Hi I've just installed Windows 10 and most programs are working fine. However, when I tried to open Microsoft Money (admittedly an old program), it presented me with the message ' Money requires some components of Internet Explorer 5 to function...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums