Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
  1.    14 Mar 2016 #151
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,566
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    Android must be #2 (after Windows) for malware.

    I'm supposed to be learning Android Development this semester, but after 4 weeks it is a baffling ordeal.
    Java is unmitigated rubbish.
    The Android Development Studio is the worst IDE I've ever been forced to use.

    That said, given the amount of cursing I've heard from my friend, Eclipse must be worse still.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    14 Mar 2016 #152
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
    Android must be #2 (after Windows) for malware.

    I'm supposed to be learning Android Development this semester, but after 4 weeks it is a baffling ordeal.
    Java is unmitigated rubbish.
    The Android Development Studio is the worst IDE I've ever been forced to use.

    That said, given the amount of cursing I've heard from my friend, Eclipse must be worse still.
    From my experience and that of others Eclipse is a great IDE for Java development.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Mar 2016 #153
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Chandigarh,India
    Posts : 307
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    From my experience and that of others Eclipse is a great IDE for Java development.
    I find netbeans more worthy than Eclipse,dont know why.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    14 Mar 2016 #154
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumit Dhiman View Post
    I find netbeans more worthy than Eclipse,dont know why.
    Both are good but I just like Eclipse a bit more.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    14 Mar 2016 #155
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
    Android must be #2 (after Windows) for malware.

    I'm supposed to be learning Android Development this semester, but after 4 weeks it is a baffling ordeal.
    Java is unmitigated rubbish.
    The Android Development Studio is the worst IDE I've ever been forced to use.

    That said, given the amount of cursing I've heard from my friend, Eclipse must be worse still.
    Really?? Java hard.. just try a real language like C++ or assembly and get back.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    14 Mar 2016 #156
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,566
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumit Dhiman View Post
    I find netbeans more worthy than Eclipse,dont know why.
    Out of all the IDEs we've had to use a TAFE, Netbeans is easily the best (although that's not saying much).

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Really?? Java hard.. just try a real language like C++ or assembly and get back.
    I've programmed in ActionScript, APL, ASP.NET, Assembler, BASIC, C, C#, JavaScript & PHP.
    Java is ridiculously difficult compared to any of those.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    14 Mar 2016 #157

    Hi there.

    So someone says Android is the worst for Malware -- can't say I've noticed a load of people complaining about their phones being riddled with malware and I haven't seen any "Chapter and Verse " references to people with a load of Android infections. Getting caught by SCAMS is a different matter entirely though.

    Windows users just seem to be perennial Wingers whatever you give them -- I'll bet that if every Windows OS was given away with 100 USD there would still be zillions of people complaining.

    Anyway here's ONE user who is quite satisfied with the current state of W10 - and I'm quite a big Linux user too.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    14 Mar 2016 #158
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,496
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    All this talk about AV protection being a waste of time is a load of b*****s, propounded by people who should know better
    Today I purchased an M$ Surface Pro 4...did the updating from 10240 to 10586.164 then scanned with Defender
    Then installed Mbam from Malwarebytes own website.
    Before I had time to scan with it my computer was seized by ransomware....see attachment.
    This was not just one scam, there were four of them, and they did every evasive move like blocking my mouse to evade Mbam.
    Fortunately I managed to finally get rid of them....but only with Mbam,s assistance.
    Any accusations suggesting my naivety can be explained away by my experience with computers which dates back to DOS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bugs.PNG  
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    14 Mar 2016 #159
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by dencal View Post
    All this talk about AV protection being a waste of time is a load of b*****s, propounded by people who should know better
    Today I purchased an M$ Surface Pro 4...did the updating from 10240 to 10586.164 then scanned with Defender
    Then installed Mbam from Malwarebytes own website.
    Before I had time to scan with it my computer was seized by ransomware....see attachment.
    This was not just one scam, there were four of them, and they did every evasive move like blocking my mouse to evade Mbam.
    Fortunately I managed to finally get rid of them....but only with Mbam,s assistance.
    Any accusations suggesting my naivety can be explained away by my experience with computers which dates back to DOS.
    The point that I have made is that I would never pay for an AV. I find defender to be more than adequate for the job. The free versions of some of the AV makers are nice but they can slow down a computers performance and I don't want that.

    And please, insults are not necessary to make your point.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    14 Mar 2016 #160
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,464
    Windows 10 Professional

    Holy crap! @dencal, was that a used Surface!?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Money App
When I open the app I get the message: Service is currently not available Please try later This has been happening since I update my desktop from Windows 8.1. It worked on 8.1 I went to the Store, searched for Money and when the app...
Software and Apps
Solved cant get GSP money matters to run on 64 bit W10 but ok on 32 bit
cant get GSP money matters to run on 64 bit W10 but ok on 32 bit W10 Wonder if it could be a 16 bit application, which explains why it worked on W10 32 bit....dont know how to tell Maybe the only option I have is XP mode
Software and Apps
MS Money 99 and Win10
Greetings, New to Win10 and this forum. I have read about some difficulty installing MS Money in Win10. Today I downloaded and installed Win10 (64 bit) and then tried to install MS Money 99 (basic). I assumed it would not install, but it...
Software and Apps
MSN Money App
I'm having difficulty with the MSN Money App since I unpinned it from the Start menu. It does not show up in the app list. When I either find it with a search either on the desktop or in the Store (both of which give me the same Store results) the...
Software and Apps
Solved Microsoft Money and IE5
Hi I've just installed Windows 10 and most programs are working fine. However, when I tried to open Microsoft Money (admittedly an old program), it presented me with the message ' Money requires some components of Internet Explorer 5 to function...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums