Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279 Insider

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1.    10 Mar 2016 #121

    Don't know how I missed that link when Googling the issue, but that worked!

    Thank you!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    10 Mar 2016 #122

    So sorry. four foots are family, to me...

    Wynona said: View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anybody, but StarFerret's a figment of my writing imagination.

    We lost our sweet Kitty Paws a few months back, and it's just not time for another one yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Mar 2016 #123

    Good call drfocus - re-enrollment as an insider. windows update seems to be able to trip on any of about 20 things (I got wq0 remedy text files, hence the estimate, it's a guess as you see); an iso decrypted from an esd that did download elsewhere has been my remedy of choice...

    drfocus said: View Post
    Don't know how I missed that link when Googling the issue, but that worked!

    Thank you!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 11,235
    W10Prox64
       10 Mar 2016 #124

    drfocus said: View Post
    Don't know how I missed that link when Googling the issue, but that worked!

    Thank you!
    Oh my gosh - really? Turning off "Get updates from other computers on local network/Internet" solved it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14,404
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       10 Mar 2016 #125

    simrick said: View Post
    Oh my gosh - really? Turning off "Get updates from other computers on local network/Internet" solved it?
    Just shows to go ya that Microsoft can make some serious mistakes too!

    Edit: Although I wasn't getting the error here, I had that thing turned on. Now it's off!

    If just one of the computers on "my own network" got something bad, it could potentially be uploaded to the rest of 'em if that's turned on during Windows Update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,235
    W10Prox64
       10 Mar 2016 #126

    Wynona said: View Post
    Just shows to go ya that Microsoft can make some serious mistakes too!

    Edit: Although I wasn't getting the error here, I had that thing turned on. Now it's off!

    If just one of the computers on "my own network" got something bad, it could potentially be uploaded to the rest of 'em if that's turned on during Windows Update.
    You would think that Windows Update files which are "torrented" in, would be checked for hash mismatches, to prevent "bad things from getting in", no?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 14,404
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       10 Mar 2016 #127

    simrick said: View Post
    You would think that Windows Update files which are "torrented" in, would be checked for hash mismatches, to prevent "bad things from getting in", no?
    Used to be that when you downloaded something from Microsoft, you had to check it for hash mismatches yourself. That is, IIRC.

    At any rate, if that holds true, Microsoft forgot that we can no longer check those downloads?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 14,404
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       10 Mar 2016 #128

    simrick said: View Post
    You would think that Windows Update files which are "torrented" in, would be checked for hash mismatches, to prevent "bad things from getting in", no?
    The more I think about this, the more I'm confused on it. I guess my number one question now would be:

    Why did the OP's (and others as well) computer throw the error but mine didn't? That's just plain scary!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 11,235
    W10Prox64
       10 Mar 2016 #129

    Wynona said: View Post
    The more I think about this, the more I'm confused on it. I guess my number one question now would be:

    Why did the OP's (and others as well) computer throw the error but mine didn't? That's just plain scary!
    Agreed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 14,995
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       10 Mar 2016 #130

    Wynona said: View Post
    The more I think about this, the more I'm confused on it. I guess my number one question now would be:

    Why did the OP's (and others as well) computer throw the error but mine didn't? That's just plain scary!
    simrick said: View Post
    Agreed.
    Oh! Oh! I know ! I know!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smiley-raising-waving-hand.gif 
Views:	78 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	68741

    Because... Bit happens?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Related Threads
692407455293132800 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
690233336740974592 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102 | Windows Experience Blog
677187866225692672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 | Windows Experience Blog See also: Release version 11082 : Microsoft Edge Dev
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:06.
Find Us