Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1.    01 Mar 2016 #41
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by EdTittel View Post
    Although the Redstone preview has addressed this issue, and SFC /SCANNOW comes back clean on those versions, the current cumulative update still shows "corruption" galore in the Windows system files owing to a mismatch between MS and Nvidia versions of these files. It's looking increasingly like that fix won't come into the current branch until the current branch moves over to Redstone later this year.
    --Ed--

    Here's a CBS.log snippet, by way of illustration:
    Found: {l:32 K3lezpDxFASqie1FeLtIjMB+9APl+XDp7TVGphCEKco=} Expected: {l:32 9rnAnuwzPjMQA7sW63oNAVhckspIngsqJXKYSUeQ5Do=}
    2016-03-01 15:18:29, Info CSI 000050f8 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
    Interesting, so much talk about this here and when it will be fixed or if ever...ongoing saga.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    01 Mar 2016 #42
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,693
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Interesting, so much talk about this here and when it will be fixed or if ever...ongoing saga.
    Running this with a WIM based ISO fixes it, but it will come back next build. Soooo, it's a temp fix which doesn't really do much.

    1. Mount the .ISO file.

    2. Open 'Windows Powershell' or 'Command Prompt' with Admin privileges.



    3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

    --------------------------------> Note: replace "X" with the drive letter of mounted ISO.


    4. Now repair any damage in the system files.


    5. sfc /scannow
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    01 Mar 2016 #43
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Running this with a WIM based ISO fixes it, but it will come back next build. Soooo, it's a temp fix which doesn't really do much.

    1. Mount the .ISO file.

    2. Open 'Windows Powershell' or 'Command Prompt' with Admin privileges.



    3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

    --------------------------------> Note: replace "X" with the drive letter of mounted ISO.


    4. Now repair any damage in the system files.


    5. sfc /scannow
    Or what i find reinstalling the NVIDIA Driver brings back right opencl.dll, because if you run SFC and DISM after driver update it will rewrite the Opencl.dll to MS one. I had done that for other reasons before what you listed i am familiar with use of WIM file, long story here..........
    SFC some corrupt files can not be fixed
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    01 Mar 2016 #44
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 552
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by IownAmoneyPit View Post
    Edit: glad to see update worked for you after 2nd try.

    @thegeriatric WU installs KB3139907 first then WU tells you a restart is required while cumulative update KB3140743 is waiting to be installed.

    After a restart both should be installed and can be verified by checking WU history.

    Attachment 67224
    Thanks for the info.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    01 Mar 2016 #45
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,693
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Or what i find reinstalling the NVIDIA Driver brings back right opencl.dll, because if you run SFC and DISM after driver update it will rewrite the Opencl.dll to MS one. I had done that for other reasons before what you listed i am familiar with use of WIM file, long story here..........
    SFC some corrupt files can not be fixed
    Yeah, I know, it just hides the issue for those NOT on NVidia graphics. Not a fix. at all, for NVidia.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    01 Mar 2016 #46
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Yeah, I know, it just hides the issue for those NOT on NVidia graphics. Not a fix. at all, for NVidia.
    Thanks for the thoughts...as said an on going saga......to be continued..............
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    01 Mar 2016 #47
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 197
    Windows 10 Pro

    Updated fine on 2 Laptops and old desktop HP m9040 desktop (Nov 2007).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    01 Mar 2016 #48
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,056
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts...as said an on going saga......to be continued..............
    Interesting, as I USED to have the same problem with opencl.dll, actually we use to talk about this a lot few months back. BUT since Nvidia's last 2 driver updates, my opencl problem has GONE. I have taken screen shots over the past 2 months, on when it was giving me problems, and now, when it does not. sfc /scannow runs without finding ANY errors after updating with the last 2 Nvidia update releases. Latest one was today. The way Nvidia installs the opencl.dll files has changed, in the last 2 updates. At least for me. I just thought it was the same for everyone else. I guess not. But the problem seems fixed for me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    01 Mar 2016 #49

    Nvida and OpenCl.dll


    Must be my graphics card, which is a 7XX model and perhaps getting too long in the tooth (too old!).
    Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I'm procuring an ISO file and will take repair action after that.
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    01 Mar 2016 #50
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Interesting, as I USED to have the same problem with opencl.dll, actually we use to talk about this a lot few months back. BUT since Nvidia's last 2 driver updates, my opencl problem has GONE. I have taken screen shots over the past 2 months, on when it was giving me problems, and now, when it does not. sfc /scannow runs without finding ANY errors after updating with the last 2 Nvidia update releases. Latest one was today. The way Nvidia installs the opencl.dll files has changed, in the last 2 updates. At least for me. I just thought it was the same for everyone else. I guess not. But the problem seems fixed for me.
    Thanks Mike, i have not attempted to run SFC in past 2 updates for NVIDIA, i will have to try and see if it is fixed for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3135173
63326 10.0.10586.104.th2_release.160128-1934 Давно пора :) Manually download: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3135173 Direct download Links: x64:
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3124262
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3124262 61078 Manually download: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3124262 Direct download Links: x64:...
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3116908)
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3116908 http://i.imgur.com/onCaKKt.png
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update KB3124200 for Windows 10 Version 1511
Just getting this now on non insider build cant find any details yet on what its for 54083
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3118754)
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118754 http://i.imgur.com/kwu3YFd.png
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums