Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
  1.    25 Feb 2016 #81

    Yet another small update.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    25 Feb 2016 #82
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Hartselle
    Posts : 488
    Windows 10 Pro 16299.125

    I cannot stop Insider Preview builds in Settings any more. When I click the button Stop Insider Preview builds I get a window with a dropdown box. When I click the arrow to choose the window closes. Then everything in the open Settings window is unresponsive. I have to go into Task Manager to close Settings.

    Edit
    Link to my Windows Feedback: Windows-Feedback:?contextid=528&feedbackid=d861ba86-d46e-4120-a737-1d2aa2ec2900&form=1&src=2

    Please upvote or add your own feedback.
    Last edited by tracit99; 25 Feb 2016 at 09:29.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    25 Feb 2016 #83
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 13,119
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by tracit99 View Post
    I cannot stop Insider Preview builds in Settings any more. When I click the button Stop Insider Preview builds I get a window with a dropdown box. When I click the arrow to choose the window closes. Then everything in the open Settings window is unresponsive. I have to go into Task Manager to close Settings.
    I have noticed the same now on two virtual machines, noticed when trying to make a video to show how to get started with Insider builds and stop them.

    Just for your information, you don't need Task Manager; simply right click Settings in Taskbar and select Close window.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    25 Feb 2016 #84
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by tracit99 View Post
    I cannot stop Insider Preview builds in Settings any more. When I click the button Stop Insider Preview builds I get a window with a dropdown box. When I click the arrow to choose the window closes. Then everything in the open Settings window is unresponsive. I have to go into Task Manager to close Settings.
    Yes. It froze when I tried to input number of days.
    Since I have no intention of opting out, I did not try the last option .................Stop receiving Insider Preview builds.
    Would you try that and click Confirm in next window ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    25 Feb 2016 #85
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,287
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Yes. It froze when I tried to input number of days.
    Since I have no intention of opting out, I did not try the last option .................Stop receiving Insider Preview builds.
    Would you try that and click Confirm in next window ?
    I did exactly that this morning (about 2 hours ago) and got the same freezeup as soon as I clicked Confirm.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 Feb 2016 #86
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Hartselle
    Posts : 488
    Windows 10 Pro 16299.125

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I have noticed the same now on two virtual machines, noticed when trying to make a video to show how to get started with Insider builds and stop them.

    Just for your information, you don't need Task Manager; simply right click Settings in Taskbar and select Close window.
    Thanks Kari.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    25 Feb 2016 #87
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,920
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I've been using the insider build(fast ring) for some time with no issues. The only way I found to really give the new build a complete test is by
    using it every day. If I were to either dual boot or run it in a VM there's a good chance I wouldn't use it that often to really test it out properly.

    Just my 2c on the topic..
    On my dual boot system, I keep a watch out for cumulative updates for Windows 10 RTM and use Insider Builds for my everyday work. So, it's the RTM version that goes begging for attention, not the Insider version.

    Now I just have to find a thread that will tell me how to dual boot with two hard drives, rather than partition one. Got any ideas on how to find that?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    25 Feb 2016 #88
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Hartselle
    Posts : 488
    Windows 10 Pro 16299.125

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Yes. It froze when I tried to input number of days.
    Since I have no intention of opting out, I did not try the last option .................Stop receiving Insider Preview builds.
    Would you try that and click Confirm in next window ?
    I never get to see the options. As soon as I click the dropdown box the window closes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    25 Feb 2016 #89
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by tracit99 View Post
    I never get to see the options. As soon as I click the dropdown box the window closes.
    I wonder if this is the handy work of build 14271.

    Which build are you on ? 14267 or 14271 ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    25 Feb 2016 #90
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Felton, Delaware
    Posts : 94
    Windows 10 Duel booting with Windows 10 Insider

    Quote Originally Posted by tracit99 View Post
    I never get to see the options. As soon as I click the dropdown box the window closes.
    Did it on .267 as well, not new.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082
677187866225692672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 | Windows Experience Blog See also: Release version 11082 : Microsoft Edge Dev
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10532 for PC
Source: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10532 for PC | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums