Windows 10: New Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter coming soon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    18 Feb 2016 #11

    What's the advantage of this expensive adapter over the 10-15$ Chinese sticks?
    I use a few of these "Anycast" sticks and additionally to Miracast, they also support DLNA(ok) and Airplay(not tested).
    I can cast fine from my Win 10 convertible (off course, you need a Widi compatible chipset, Intel in my case).
    Works like a HDMI cable.
    Casting from newer Android devices works anyway.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    18 Feb 2016 #12

    If you look at the picture of the monitor in the link Brink posted both ends of the cable are plugged into the monitor.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    18 Feb 2016 #13

    davidhk said: View Post
    How do I setup my Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter?
    https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/e...adapters/setup
    I guess I'll have to pass on this toy. None of my TV's or monitors have usb.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4,771
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       18 Feb 2016 #14

    Winuser said: View Post
    If you look at the picture of the monitor in the link Brink posted both ends of the cable are plugged into the monitor.
    I don't think so.
    It looks like the adaptor comes with a gadget which can keep the 2 open ends ( the USB and the HDMI ) together for ease of storage purpose when not in use.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    18 Feb 2016 #15

    If you don't have a TV with an USB connector, just use a simple Phone charger to connect it...
    How difficult can this be?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    18 Feb 2016 #16

    vel2000 said: View Post
    If you don't have a TV with an USB connector, just use a simple Phone charger to connect it...
    How difficult can this be?
    I'm not going to buy a lot of extras just to use this thing. If the usb is only for power I would need to buy the adapter then I would need to buy a hdmi switch because all my hdmi ports are being used. If the switch doesn't come with a hdmi cable I would have to buy a cable. For me it's is easier and cheaper to just say no.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 4,771
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       18 Feb 2016 #17

    Winuser said: View Post
    I'm not going to buy a lot of extras just to use this thing. If the usb is only for power I would need to buy the adapter then I would need to buy a hdmi switch because all my hdmi ports are being used. If the switch doesn't come with a hdmi cable I would have to buy a cable. For me it's is easier and cheaper to just say no.
    So far it is no better than educated guess.
    Wait till it comes out to the market and check it out from the retail stores.
    Then we will have concrete idea how to use it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    18 Feb 2016 #18

    I'm really just interested in how this thing works and how it's different than the built in WiFi already built into my TV's.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 4,771
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       18 Feb 2016 #19

    davidhk said: View Post
    I don't think so.
    It looks like the adaptor comes with a gadget which can keep the 2 open ends ( the USB and the HDMI ) together for ease of storage purpose when not in use.
    I am wrong.
    After clicking open the link provided by Brink, the adaptor does connect BOTH ends to the TV.
    I was totally wrong.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wireless adaptor.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	64864

    My TV does not have that USB port. So, it's out for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 x64 Home Build (Redstone(1)) 15063.608
       18 Feb 2016 #20

    Winuser said: View Post
    I'm really just interested in how this thing works and how it's different than the built in WiFi already built into my TV's.
    If you have built in WI-FI on your tv you would not need to use this app
    As it does the same job
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I just bought an ASUS PCE-N53 PCI-E adapter for my PC that I built several months ago. Previously, I was just using ethernet. Put the card in my PCI-E 1 slot, and installed the drivers from the installation disc, but nothing shows up in Device...
Hi, I'm having a really annoying issue where the only working driver I can use is the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". Every single other driver I have tried will all cause me to experience BSOD and the error message "Display Driver Has...
Wireless Adapter Issue in Network and Sharing
Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Adapter does not work properly upon restart. I have to go into device manager and disable - then enable every time. Is there a fix?
My d-link wireless usb adapter is not working with windows 10. But when i revert back it windows 8.1 it works. Model number is dwa-131 Any idea what's the problem?
Haven't found other threads dealing with this, but I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get my wireless display adapter working properly in Win10 (worked great with my Surface Pro 3 with Win 8.1 - I'm on Win 10 build 9926 at the moment). ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10.
Find Us