It is time to stop waiting and start playing. A pre-release of Minecraft 1.9 is now available. We are very excited to enter the final stage before the new version is released.
First the answer to the most asked question: We are currently planning to release the final version of Minecraft 1.9 next week, on Thursday, 25th of February 2016.
And now to the usual release notes. Once we release the final Minecraft 1.9 update, we will also provide a complete list of changes between Minecraft 1.8 and Minecraft 1.9.
- Bugs fixed
- Increased durability of shields
- Some crystals in the end are protected by cages again
- Added 34.7% more hype for Minecraft 1.9
- [Bug MC-96863] - Marker ArmorStand Should Not Have Passenger Offset
- [Bug MC-97217] - Weird placement of player while riding an entity after swimming with elytra
- [Bug MC-97235] - Resource pack in minecraft world save file not working
- [Bug MC-97251] - Rail Duplication Glitch
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com
. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots (or, in this case, the pre-release), open your launcher and press the “New Profile
” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots
” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Minecraft server jar
Report bugs here: