Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 7,009
    All kinds
       13 Feb 2015 #81

    orlbuckeye said: View Post
    I guess guilt by association. Windows is a very open environment and 3rd party development is encouraged. That mean the 3rd parties use their own programmers and their own ways to install their apps. I mean MS doesn't even force developers to use .NET to develop so it's the responsibility of the 3rd party software to remove their own remnants. But once you remove an application they are not longer at fault and MS is the easiest one to blame.
    Nobody is blaming MS for that,"Open system" is what made PC and windows, only thing is that MS could if they only would, make better uninstaller program.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       13 Feb 2015 #82

    CountMike said: View Post
    orlbuckeye said: View Post
    I guess guilt by association. Windows is a very open environment and 3rd party development is encouraged. That mean the 3rd parties use their own programmers and their own ways to install their apps. I mean MS doesn't even force developers to use .NET to develop so it's the responsibility of the 3rd party software to remove their own remnants. But once you remove an application they are not longer at fault and MS is the easiest one to blame.
    Nobody is blaming MS for that,"Open system" is what made PC and windows, only thing is that MS could if they only would, make better uninstaller program.
    Okay Milky dumb question time. . .What is wrong with the present one? . . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       13 Feb 2015 #83

    Lee said: View Post
    CountMike said: View Post
    orlbuckeye said: View Post
    I guess guilt by association. Windows is a very open environment and 3rd party development is encouraged. That mean the 3rd parties use their own programmers and their own ways to install their apps. I mean MS doesn't even force developers to use .NET to develop so it's the responsibility of the 3rd party software to remove their own remnants. But once you remove an application they are not longer at fault and MS is the easiest one to blame.
    Nobody is blaming MS for that,"Open system" is what made PC and windows, only thing is that MS could if they only would, make better uninstaller program.
    Okay Milky dumb question time. . .What is wrong with the present one? . . .
    Good question.. I think that it might leave some traces that other 3rd party apps clean up.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 7,009
    All kinds
       13 Feb 2015 #84

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Lee said: View Post
    CountMike said: View Post
    orlbuckeye said: View Post
    I guess guilt by association. Windows is a very open environment and 3rd party development is encouraged. That mean the 3rd parties use their own programmers and their own ways to install their apps. I mean MS doesn't even force developers to use .NET to develop so it's the responsibility of the 3rd party software to remove their own remnants. But once you remove an application they are not longer at fault and MS is the easiest one to blame.
    Nobody is blaming MS for that,"Open system" is what made PC and windows, only thing is that MS could if they only would, make better uninstaller program.
    Okay Milky dumb question time. . .What is wrong with the present one? . . .
    Good question.. I think that it might leave some traces that other 3rd party apps clean up.

    Jeff
    You are right Jeff, it's already somewhere in this tread. "Normal" windows uninstall just points to that particular program's uninstall and is left at the it's mercy whether it's going to delete leftover files and registry entries and most programs do not uninstall cleanly because of sloppiness, by accident or by design. I'm yet to see any "cleaners" to be able to cleanup all that leftover mess after the fact. When I use Revo for instance, after program is uninstalled on it's own, Revo looks at leftover fragments and gives you a list of files and registry entries that would not be removed otherwise. Those list may be pretty long, could be reviewed and chosen what to delete if you are so inclined. Before I started using Revo, I had to chase all those fragments manually and clean them one by one which in some cases could take hours without any guarantee that all were removed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 369
    Windows 10
       13 Feb 2015 #85

    Lee said: View Post
    CountMike said: View Post
    orlbuckeye said: View Post
    I guess guilt by association. Windows is a very open environment and 3rd party development is encouraged. That mean the 3rd parties use their own programmers and their own ways to install their apps. I mean MS doesn't even force developers to use .NET to develop so it's the responsibility of the 3rd party software to remove their own remnants. But once you remove an application they are not longer at fault and MS is the easiest one to blame.
    Nobody is blaming MS for that,"Open system" is what made PC and windows, only thing is that MS could if they only would, make better uninstaller program.
    Okay Milky dumb question time. . .What is wrong with the present one? . . .
    The current one depends on the third-party developer actually creating their own uninstaller app to remove traces of the program and de-register it from the system. Problem is that a) the uninstaller doesn't account for changes made by updates and b) the developers don't make the uninstaller as thorough as it can be (possibly due to data being risky or tricky to remove but probably because the developer is lazy and only does enough to meet Microsoft's guidelines)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       13 Feb 2015 #86

    Okay, now how does this harm the OS or cause problems. The reason for asking is over the years I cannot ever remember having a problem, BSOD, or any other situation caused by installing or uninstalling a program. . .now it may be that I have just been lucky. Also, don't remember using Programs and Features to remove a piece of software and then having a problem. The only reason I now use iOrbit uninstaller is so I don't have to go through and do a manual cleanup of the register as I did in the past.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,542
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       13 Feb 2015 #87

    Lee said: View Post
    Okay, now how does this harm the OS or cause problems. The reason for asking is over the years I cannot ever remember having a problem, BSOD, or any other situation caused by installing or uninstalling a program. . .now it may be that I have just been lucky. Also, don't remember using Programs and Features to remove a piece of software and then having a problem.
    Lee, this will you. I agree with a you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NYS
    Posts : 255
    Windows 10 & Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 18
       13 Feb 2015 #88

    Lee said: View Post
    Okay, now how does this harm the OS or cause problems. The reason for asking is over the years I cannot ever remember having a problem, BSOD, or any other situation caused by installing or uninstalling a program. . .now it may be that I have just been lucky. Also, don't remember using Programs and Features to remove a piece of software and then having a problem. The only reason I now use iOrbit uninstaller is so I don't have to go through and do a manual cleanup of the register as I did in the past.
    There are occasions, for example, when Windows Uninstaller is unable to do its job because of virus or other malware infections. I have had to use Avast's special uninstaller as well as MalwareBytes uninstaller on relatives' and friends' computers. But generally, I think that most users don't run into these type of problems. That's why it is handy to have Revo or Iobit at the ready.

    https://www.avast.com/en-us/uninstall-utility

    https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/hc...-Anti-Malware-

    Rich
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2014
    Florida
    Posts : 432
    W10 AU & W10 Insider
       13 Feb 2015 #89

    I have been having some trouble with malwarebytes hanging at the end of the scan. Reading about revo here, I decided to d/l it and give it go. After playing with it a while, decided to go ahead and uninstall Malwarebytes. It is a licensed pro version. Revo said it was gone, so just did a double check with ccleaner to see if it turned up anything...it did not. Rebooted and went on the web to download a fresh copy, installed it and checked the status, sure enough it was able to find my unique identifier and key. Not sure how it found them, but must have been undetectable to revo??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       14 Feb 2015 #90

    groze said: View Post
    Lee said: View Post
    Okay, now how does this harm the OS or cause problems. The reason for asking is over the years I cannot ever remember having a problem, BSOD, or any other situation caused by installing or uninstalling a program. . .now it may be that I have just been lucky. Also, don't remember using Programs and Features to remove a piece of software and then having a problem.
    Lee, this will you. I agree with a you.
    Sometimes things just work out in strange ways. . .Thanks. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
New Flash zero-day targets Windows, Mac users
Source
Windows 10 News
Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free
Source
Windows 10 News
Windows 9 to users: I'm listening
http://images.techhive.com/images/idge/imported/imageapi/2014/07/09/13/slide_063014-windows9-1-100355294-primary.idge.jpg The Windows 9 public preview coming at the end of the month is going to ask for feedback almost to the point of...
General Support
Alert Windows 8.1 users.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2153712/windows-8-1-update-requirement-pushed-to-june-10.html
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums