Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1.    12 Feb 2015 #71
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,616
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by dmex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    That’s why Windows 10 needs a better app uninstaller
    Another "uninstaller" to compliment the 5 or so different uninstallers already included in Windows?

    Attachment 12485


    Microsoft already built a new uninstaller and included it with Windows 8 that removes every file and other piece of the installed program but its only applies to 'Modern' applications. The desktop is 'legacy' and will not get new features (e.g. another uninstaller) other than those now being built as Modern applications such as Cortana, Start-menu and the Control Panel.

    Why are people surprised when their machine runs like poo after installing and uninstall volumes of 'legacy' applications over long periods... Your computer is not a taxi and you're just asking for trouble.
    To M$ desktop applications may be "Legacy" but to me and millions others are "Bread and Butter" and I can't see "Modern APPs" taking their place all the way in any foreseeable future, not for desktops and more powerful laptops anyway. In any case such a large base of desktop programs almost guarantees desktop APPs to be relevant for a very ling time. In lieu of that, MS would be wise to make decent uninstaller for them although Revo Uninstaller and the likes of it solve that problem just fine. MS, being privy of most intricate details of OS is in the perfect position to make uninstaller 100% effective. Why they didn't do that long ago is beyond me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    12 Feb 2015 #72
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 11
    UEFI Windows 8.1 Pro x64

    Why do you even install cr@p that you don't even need? No need to uninstall applications anymore
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    12 Feb 2015 #73
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,616
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by feherneoh View Post
    Why do you even install cr@p that you don't even need? No need to uninstall applications anymore
    Don't know which "cr@p" you're referring to, if "Metro APPs" I may agree about most but they re easy to get rid of anyway, no need for any uninstallers.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    12 Feb 2015 #74
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feherneoh View Post
    Why do you even install cr@p that you don't even need? No need to uninstall applications anymore
    Don't know which "cr@p" you're referring to, if "Metro APPs" I may agree about most but they re easy to get rid of anyway, no need for any uninstallers.
    Yeah, I know that from time to time I will try out a new App/Program and find out that I really don't like it and I un-install it. Do I have to, No but I just would rather get rid of it from my PC.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    12 Feb 2015 #75
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by feherneoh View Post
    Why do you even install cr@p that you don't even need? No need to uninstall applications anymore
    There are many reasons to uninstall a program. Just a few examples. You install a program and then you decide that you don't like it or it doesn't do what you want. You uninstall a program because you want to install it on another computer. A program from another company is better than the program you have installed. You no longer need the program. Just because you uninstall a program doesn't mean it's cr@p.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    12 Feb 2015 #76
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 391
    Windows 10

    If I really need something I will look for a Web app or a portable app that doesn't need installation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    12 Feb 2015 #77
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,616
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by FuturDreamz View Post
    If I really need something I will look for a Web app or a portable app that doesn't need installation.
    The Portable Freeware Collection - Latest entries
    The Best Portable Apps
    Etc. etc. Just "Google": portable programs there's a lot of stuff.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    12 Feb 2015 #78
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuturDreamz View Post
    If I really need something I will look for a Web app or a portable app that doesn't need installation.
    The Portable Freeware Collection - Latest entries
    The Best Portable Apps
    Etc. etc. Just "Google": portable programs there's a lot of stuff.
    @CountMike . . .Thanks for the Info. . .use a good deal of the apps on this site, albeit still a little confused you still have to install these for them to work. . .or am I missing something in this thread. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    13 Feb 2015 #79
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,616
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuturDreamz View Post
    If I really need something I will look for a Web app or a portable app that doesn't need installation.
    The Portable Freeware Collection - Latest entries
    The Best Portable Apps
    Etc. etc. Just "Google": portable programs there's a lot of stuff.
    @CountMike . . .Thanks for the Info. . .use a good deal of the apps on this site, albeit still a little confused you still have to install these for them to work. . .or am I missing something in this thread. . .
    Some portables may have install but it's just making a folder with it's files without writing anything in registry and can be "uninstalled" by just deleting folder and shortcut.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    13 Feb 2015 #80

    I guess guilt by association. Windows is a very open environment and 3rd party development is encouraged. That mean the 3rd parties use their own programmers and their own ways to install their apps. I mean MS doesn't even force developers to use .NET to develop so it's the responsibility of the 3rd party software to remove their own remnants. But once you remove an application they are not longer at fault and MS is the easiest one to blame.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
New Flash zero-day targets Windows, Mac users
Source
Windows 10 News
Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free
Source
Windows 10 News
Windows 9 to users: I'm listening
http://images.techhive.com/images/idge/imported/imageapi/2014/07/09/13/slide_063014-windows9-1-100355294-primary.idge.jpg The Windows 9 public preview coming at the end of the month is going to ask for feedback almost to the point of...
General Support
Alert Windows 8.1 users.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2153712/windows-8-1-update-requirement-pushed-to-june-10.html
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:48.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums